The Drunk Thread

Boycie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you call "good beer"....?

Strange european lager like Eddie, real ale drank by stout englishmen with strange facial hair, or pissy, fizzy, lager drank by young people who puke next to taxi ranks?

Oi.

Westmalle Tripel (and so many of the other Belgian fancy dandy beers I love) isn't a lager - it's an ale (top-fermenting yeast).

15 minutes ago, I just finished my first beer of the day - I reckon you'd be proud of me, Utch. Robinson's Old Tom, and very nice it was. When I've had dinner, I'm having a bottle of Fullers 1845, then for a nightcap, probably a can (shock horror - £4 for 4 from Tesco, and the first cans of beer I've bought in years) of Fursty Ferret.

My favourites are pale ale and trappist beers. I do like however other kind of beers as long as they are well made. Except geuze ain't for me even if it's well made.

I absolutely love Boon Gueuze Mariage Parfait - I think it's got so many characteristics of a fine champagne. My wife just screws her face up in disgust when she sees me drinking it.

Oi.

Westmalle Tripel (and so many of the other Belgian fancy dandy beers I love) isn't a lager - it's an ale (top-fermenting yeast).

15 minutes ago, I just finished my first beer of the day - I reckon you'd be proud of me, Utch. Robinson's Old Tom, and very nice it was. When I've had dinner, I'm having a bottle of Fullers 1845, then for a nightcap, probably a can (shock horror - £4 for 4 from Tesco, and the first cans of beer I've bought in years) of Fursty Ferret.

No offence Eddie, are you one of these folks who likes to drink a beer but then goes on a 10 miles run to burn it off afterwards or you just like a beer and the gut is ever increasing along with the damage to your liver and your blood pressure?

No offence Eddie, are you one of these folks who likes to drink a beer but then goes on a 10 miles run to burn it off afterwards or you just like a beer and the gut is ever increasing along with the damage to your liver and your blood pressure?

No offence taken.

I have one artificial hip and need another hip replacement on the other side, so running is out of the question. I'm over 60, so any damage to my liver and heart is going to be down to 40 plus years of drinking, as opposed to the 3 bottles I'm having tonight. The gut is definitely growing, so I'm now watching what I eat.

None of that green salad rubbish for a start. 

No offence taken.

I have one artificial hip and need another hip replacement on the other side, so running is out of the question. I'm over 60, so any damage to my liver and heart is going to be down to 40 plus years of drinking, as opposed to the 3 bottles I'm having tonight. The gut is definitely growing, so I'm now watching what I eat.

None of that green salad rubbish for a start. 

Fair play to you, I always thought it was a complete waste of time drinking disco fizz lager, you may not as well bother, at least you're enjoying yourself with some decent ales

Fair play to you, I always thought it was a complete waste of time drinking disco fizz lager, you may not as well bother, at least you're enjoying yourself with some decent ales

I don't drink a lot at all - I reckon it's 30 years since I've been drunk. Tonight I just fancy having 3 (over a 6 hour period) - tomorrow I might just have a bottle of Duvel.

Eddie is one of them weirdo beer spotters.

Nerds, thats what they are.

No, definitely not. I think they call themselves 'tickers', and most of them then write tasting notes up on Beer Advocate and sites like that. For them, drinking loads of different beers is the thing, and they have orgasms when a new brew comes along.

I would happily drink Westvleteren XII every day for the rest of my life.

I changed my mind about my second beer tonight (and seeing as Notts Ram is so concerned about my liver, there won't be a third tonight).

For all I said about being happy to drink the same beer for ever, I have just opened a bottle of Wychwood King Goblin - the first time I've ever tasted it. Quate nayce, as Brenda would say. 

Real ale is awful, and it makes your farts stink, ruining the pub business by taking up valuable space :-)

I think we questioned your judgement before - something something Leeds something, therefore your opinion has been discounted. As it is, you are almost half right, but it is lager that is the pongy one. 

The yeasts that are used to ferment lagers liberate large quantities of sulphur dioxide whereas the yeasts that ferment ales lock in the SO2 to the trub. It's one of the reasons why lagers have to be stored for more than two months before they are sold - because they stink to high heavens otherwise.

It's not a problem really - you have to 'lager' (store) some ales anyway, including my glorious Belgian ones. 

I absolutely love Boon Gueuze Mariage Parfait - I think it's got so many characteristics of a fine champagne. My wife just screws her face up in disgust when she sees me drinking it.

I'll rather have real Champagne. Ruinart for me.

I think we questioned your judgement before - something something Leeds something, therefore your opinion has been discounted. As it is, you are almost half right, but it is lager that is the pongy one. 

The yeasts that are used to ferment lagers liberate large quantities of sulphur dioxide whereas the yeasts that ferment ales lock in the SO2 to the trub. It's one of the reasons why lagers have to be stored for more than two months before they are sold - because they stink to high heavens otherwise.

It's not a problem really - you have to 'lager' (store) some ales anyway, including my glorious Belgian ones. 

Im a becks man, a Reinheitsgebot beer, what that means Im not sure I just googled it, but I know I dont wake up with a hang over with it, correction, as bad a hang over with it.

Also i canna drink like Boycie, 4-5 bottles of the stuff and I have to hit the top shelf, I currently into flavoured vodka at the mo, Pinky is nice, as is the citrus flavour, and recently I sampled some sparkling vodka, which in itself I think is rare....and expensive.

Leave my arse out of this.

Real ale rules!

LeedsRam was always with the trendy lads at school, you know, farah trouser brigade.

I've said too much.

what is scary, is your are correct, i did own many farah's during that period, however the trendy gang never let me in, I was more of an inbetweener :-(

Archived