NFL thread

Perky1106

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

As well as this I have just noticed that the Panthers v Cardinals is live tonight on Sky Mix, they are also showing an 'acclaimed' documentary following Superbowl winning teams (the two I can see are Denver '97 & Chicago '85 - which must have been the Fridge Perry year).  There is also a series about European players trying to find NFL teams.

Might be some decent NFL stuff for us.

Get your free trial of Amazon Prime Video and watch All or Nothing: A season with the Arizona Cardinals. 

Pure brilliance. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As well as this I have just noticed that the Panthers v Cardinals is live tonight on Sky Mix, they are also showing an 'acclaimed' documentary following Superbowl winning teams (the two I can see are Denver '97 & Chicago '85 - which must have been the Fridge Perry year).  There is also a series about European players trying to find NFL teams.

Might be some decent NFL stuff for us.

I like, but don't really understand the finer points, of the NFL but started watching the programme about European players on Sky tonight. It was fantastic - really well done and a really nice guy from Germany who was trying out (I won't spoil the ending for anyone who has not seen it)

What really struck me was the pre-draft/pre-season training they went through. How tough and scientific it was. Gave me a whole different perspective about their atheticism. The potential rewards may be fantastic but getting there is harder than you imagine. Maybe football is similar.

I've just finished watching Carolina versus Denver and it seemed a decent game (I've only ever watched about 5 games in full so it is hard to judge) that went to the last kick of the game.

Cam Newton started really well but Denver eventually did a job on him and hit him with 2 late hits.  He did very little after the first, and the game turned around.  Good news for owners of Kelvin Benjamin as he found him a lot early on.  Later on in the game he seemed to favour Greg Olsen.

Cam Newton became the QB with the most running touchdowns and the QB with the most games containing a rushing and passing TD.  The commentators were saying that his running ability means it is like playing with 12 at times.

I've just finished watching Carolina versus Denver and it seemed a decent game (I've only ever watched about 5 games in full so it is hard to judge) that went to the last kick of the game.

Cam Newton started really well but Denver eventually did a job on him and hit him with 2 late hits.  He did very little after the first, and the game turned around.  Good news for owners of Kelvin Benjamin as he found him a lot early on.  Later on in the game he seemed to favour Greg Olsen.

Cam Newton became the QB with the most running touchdowns and the QB with the most games containing a rushing and passing TD.  The commentators were saying that his running ability means it is like playing with 12 at times.

It becomes evident when Carolina have the ball deep inside the red zone (10-5 yards from the line) usually the QB will hand off to RB on a run play, and stand back, thus there will only be 10 players that need stopping. When Cam gets the ball, his ability to run requires a defender to take him, leaving offensive lines to create gaps and holes against less defence (sorry that was wordy!)

It happened on Cams rushing TD last night, he got free to edge and was too quick for DBs.

Denver still have quality on Def, but their QB play was worrying despite having good WR and a form runner in CJ Anderson

I have just read the wiki page for William - the fridge - Perry, it seems that he is in very poor health nowadays but also that he was quite the sportsman in his youth - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Perry_(American_football)

He was probably the first NFL player I knew (as a kid) watching the C4 highlights, which I assume were a week old by the time we saw them?

I see Victor Cruz got a TD yesterday.  Pleased for him, apparently a nice chap who has had massive bad luck with injury.

Nice win for the Buccs as well :-)

Really happy he's finally got back to health, just hope he can last the season. Although, Sterling Shepherd showed enough to fill me with confidence he can be our number 2 WR. 

And I love Terrence Williams. Thanks for winning us the game!

What an amazing slate of games.

Raiders and Chiefs games particularly fantastic.

Ravens are 1-0! Our defense showed up way better than anyone could have thought. Only allowing 160 total yards - the fewest we have for 5 years. That's massive for a team who have historically been built on defense to turn up and do that, especially when our secondary was horrendous last year.

If we can solidify the offensive line which started 2 rookies at left tackle and left guard (Ronnie Stanley and Alex Lewis) then we could be interesting this year because we should have enough skill players. Mike Wallace looked phenomenal, including his 60 yard touchdown catch, and we figure to only get better as Steve Smith gets going and we get rookie Kenneth Dixon back from injury in a couple of weeks.

I maintain we still have the largest range of possible records in the NFL, we could end up with 3 wins, or we could end up with 10, but it's a good start. Now with the Browns to come next Sunday, we have a good chance to go 2-0 with a divisional win.

13 minutes ago, Srg said:

What an amazing slate of games.

Raiders and Chiefs games particularly fantastic.

Ravens are 1-0! Our defense showed up way better than anyone could have thought. Only allowing 160 total yards - the fewest we have for 5 years. That's massive for a team who have historically been built on defense to turn up and do that, especially when our secondary was horrendous last year.

If we can solidify the offensive line which started 2 rookies at left tackle and left guard (Ronnie Stanley and Alex Lewis) then we could be interesting this year because we should have enough skill players. Mike Wallace looked phenomenal, including his 60 yard touchdown catch, and we figure to only get better as Steve Smith gets going and we get rookie Kenneth Dixon back from injury in a couple of weeks.

I maintain we still have the largest range of possible records in the NFL, we could end up with 3 wins, or we could end up with 10, but it's a good start. Now with the Browns to come next Sunday, we have a good chance to go 2-0 with a divisional win.

Another Ravens fan!

9 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Think this Larry Fitzgerald guy might be a good player for us this season.

I picked him up in my fantasy league in like the double digit rounds, and everyone jumped on me calling him old.

Good is good.

Archived