NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

I have a gut feeling Skins will trade our first round pick.

If someone unexpectedly falls around that point I think they'd be one of the prime candidates to do so. 

People have said its a weak draft. They've also said it a strong draft. Weak wide receivers but strong DL! Goff  & Wentz not even considered top 20! It's all some screens & cloak & daggers! Too many experts about! :ph34r:

Just now, Squid said:

People have said its a weak draft. They've also said it a strong draft. Weak wide receivers but strong DL! Goff  & Wentz not even considered top 20! It's all some screens & cloak & daggers! Too many experts about! :ph34r:

Too many people given the title "expert", not enough actual experts, in the public domain. 

All the real experts are privately grading the draft class for the teams.

If Saints did any trading, I think it would be to get a second 1st round pick. In order to get defensive help and Lynch (if he slid far enough down). Not sure what they'd trade with though, they can't really afford to lose the picks. Too many holes.

Saints always seem to be the team with the most smokescreens for some reason, always seems more laughable to me as Loomis' record in the draft is pretty mediocre at best.

He tends to do well in trades though.

By the way @Srg - Gregg Rosenthal has this line in his draft primer:

It would be a very Ravensy move to trade down from No. 6 only to pick up a big name talent like Jack.

If you guys did that, I'd officially have my first NFL team that I hate.

Not that interested in Tunsil (or Stanley), we have two starting tackles already, both of whom get quite a bit of guaranteed money. Wouldn't mind picking up a developmental tackle in round 2 though. Best combination through the first two rounds would probably be DE/safety though.

Still relatively new to the draft but I'll say

Stanley goes before Tunsil

A team trades up to third to pick Paxton Lynch (fingers crossed)

Nkemdiche goes towards the end of the second round

Cleveland gets a lot of picks for its fourth rounder.

Round 1:

1. Los Angeles Rams (from Titans): Jared Goff, QB, California
2. Philadelphia Eagles (from Browns): Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State 
3. San Diego Chargers: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
4. Dallas Cowboys: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State 
5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, Florida State
6. Baltimore Ravens: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame 
7. San Francisco 49ers: DeForest Buckner, DT, Oregon 
8. Tennessee Titans (from Dolphins, Eagles/Browns): Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State 
9. Chicago Bears (from Buccaneers): Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
10. New York Giants: Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State 
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Bears): Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
12. New Orleans Saints: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
13. Miami Dolphins (from Eagles): Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
14. Oakland Raiders: Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia 
15. Cleveland Browns (from Titans via Rams): Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
16. Detroit Lions: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State 
17. Atlanta Falcons: Keanu Neal, S, Florida 
18. Indianapolis Colts: Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama 
19. Buffalo Bills: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson 
20. New York Jets: Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State 
21. Houston Texans (from Washington): Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame
22. Washington (from Texans): Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
23. Minnesota Vikings: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss 
24. Cincinnati Bengals: William Jackson III, CB, Houston 
25. Pittsburgh Steelers: Artie Burns, CB, Miami 
26. Denver Broncos (from Seahawks): Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
27. Green Bay Packers: Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA 
28. San Francisco 49ers (from Chiefs): Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford
29. Arizona Cardinals: Robert Nkemdiche, DL, Ole Miss 
30. Carolina Panthers: Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech 
31. Seattle Seahawks (from Broncos): Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M

Solid pick from the Skins,needed a WR and Doctson has some good scouting reviews.

@Srg Yeah I think Ravens should have went for Conklin or Tunsil over Stanley aa far as taking an OT.

@SaintRam I think Rankins a solid pick.

@Posh Ram Like the Bosa pick,think he will do quite well in SD.

Thanks AR much appreciated. I'm happy with the Rankins pick, I kinda hoped at the time that they'd take a risk on someone sliding but tackle isn't a need (Tunsil) and noone took a risk on Jack. Maybe in the 2nd round? One can dream.

13 hours ago, Srg said:

Worst. Pick. Ever. FML. 

This view seems to be shared by the majority of Ravens fans - a really strange pick in the circumstances.

If only the news of Tunsil's video being old had hit during pick 5, you'd probably have taken him.

Instead it's Dolphins with the insane bargain. Ravens should have traded back.

Also, so not only was I right about two teams in the top 10 trading back, I was also right about Tunsil falling out of the top 8. I know no-one agreed to "take" any of the proposals but does anyone fancy buying me lunch?

6 people irl owe me lunch for the Tunsil one (said top 10 to them) :lol:

14 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Why do they always announce which college they went to in NFL? Really winds me up, does it have any relevance to anything?

Has a lot of relevance to the college. 

Also has relevance regarding the level of competition they've faced during their career so far.

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Has a lot of relevance to the college. 

Also has relevance regarding the level of competition they've faced during their career so far.

As you can tell I have zero knowledge on American sports, its just one of those silly things that annoys me for no apparent reason, its like them showing Ronaldo announce which school he went to before every game, who cares you play for Madrid!

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

As you can tell I have zero knowledge on American sports, its just one of those silly things that annoys me for no apparent reason, its like them showing Ronaldo announce which school he went to before every game, who cares you play for Madrid!

It's a little different to that.

College Football is huge in the states, the big schools have 100,000 seater stadiums - the coaches have incredible levels of renown and there's as much journalism and media coverage of college football as there is of the NFL. 

There are multiple reasons as to why people might want to keep it recorded which college they went to, but the primary one is essentially gratification to the school, the coaches and something for the fans of that school to cheer. The college's have draft parties that celebrate whenever one of their players is drafted.

Odell Beckham Jr. for example is from the college team I (because I have friends who went to/support that college) support (LSU), and whether he remains a NY Giant for his career or goes elsewhere won't matter, to him and everyone else, he'll always be a LSU player. 

Archived