NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody getting behind the idea that Manziel has turned it around and may make a decent QB this season?

Nope.

He's small and hasn't even got a good arm.

In college he relied entirely on his speed. In the NFL I've seen lineman chase him down every time I've watched him. Was a terrible decision to draft him, I'd certainly not have done.

He's essentially half the size, with half the arm and half-two thirds the pace of Cam Newton. 

Cam Newton's quality is debatable, so where is Manziel? :lol:

In college he relied entirely on his speed. In the NFL I've seen lineman chase him down every time I've watched him. Was a terrible decision to draft him, I'd certainly not have done.

He's essentially half the size, with half the arm and half-two thirds the pace of Cam Newton. 

Cam Newton's quality is debatable, so where is Manziel? :lol:

He's basically a terrible Russell Wilson

Any views on Lions and Dolphins this season ?

Lions have a pretty brutal early season schedule that will really test them. No longer have Suh or Fairley at DT, but did sign but did get a pretty good DT in Ngata to help replace them. Their defense I think will be solid, if not as good as last season. Have a new O coordinator so offense will perhaps improve. Overall, I think Lions will have a solid season and contend for a playoff spot; their early season schedule is crucial in that regard as I mentioned it is pretty brutal. We shall see.

Dolphins offensively will need Tannehill to really make a step up this season for them to succeed.They got Suh for their front line and have some other good defensive pieces as well;I think defensively they will improve. Overall, I do feel they will do slightly better than last season. 

Lions depend on Stafford really. Always had one of the best arms in the league, just rarely puts it together. If they get good QB play and stay healthy they could go well. I expect it to be between them and Vikings for 2nd playoff spot behind Greenbay. 

Dolphins really need to be making the playoffs after that Suh contract. They need a receiver to step up really to make that leap alongside Tannehill  

Dolphins

1. Issues with OL. Need Albert back sooner rather than later. Still not settled on who's starting guard.

2. Linebackers need to step up & learn to tackle!

3. Need one of the corners to make the grade to play opposite Optimus Grimes

4. Kickers are a worry

5. Tannenhill is improving and has had an excellent camp so far.

6. Suh scared a decent Bears OL yesterday, they double teamed him but forgot about Wake! Suh gets offside alot though

7. Receiving core is pretty strong. Parker & Stills still not healthy though. Matthews is stepping up. 

8. Running backs need to take some pressure away from Tannenhill.

9. Defence is easily top 10. 

Hard Knocks is showing on Sky Sports this year, which is fantastic news. First one was late Sunday night but is available on demand. Next one is this Sunday. 

Great at insight into camp... Particularly JJ Watt. 

gutted if it is torn. Mind you we could compare recovery times US v UK treatment. He's got a two week handicap on Hughes but I reckon he will be back playing before him.

You wouldn't know though. "Season is over" in the NFL basically means they're out til Christmas or beyond. The season is so short.

Just finished my draft with my friends - I was 9th pick out of 10...

QB: Matt Ryan
RB:Matt Forte
RB: Frank Gore
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Jarvis Landry
Flex: Duke Johnson 
TE: Jimmy Graham
Def: Rams
Kicker: Dawson
SUB: Brandon Marshall
SUB: Mike Wallace
SUB: Ryan Matthews