Bring back Player Rating threads!

drgoodspeak

What happened to these?

I always enjoyed a player by player score out of ten following a match, plus a one line review of each player. Match reports only tell you some of the story, I want to hear about who was great or who had a shocker.

It doesn't matter how subjective it gets, you can usually work out an average from several people's views.

So come on, get critiquing!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok: 

Grant - 6. Had hardly anything to do, but what he did he did well

Smith - 7. Solid and made some good attacking runs

Bucko /Keogh - 7. Had the strikers in the their pockets

Forsyth - 6. Struggled a bit against a pacey winger, but did ok. Got forward a bit more second half

Coutts - 6. Did ok, nothing standout but kept the ball moving.

Eustace - 7. Patrolled in front of the back four and stamped any danger out.

Hughes - 7. Some nice touches on the ball and kept play ticking over. Real quality for his goal.

Bryson - 7. Surging forward runs, covered a lot of ground

Martin - 8. Excellent game, winning and holding the ball, scoring twice

Sammon - 8. Gave their defenders a torrid time with his powerful running and determination, could have had more than two

Grant 6 - nothing to do

Smith 7 - decent game, composed.

Keogh 6 - quiet, never in trouble

Buxton 7 - never in trouble, seemed to have more defending to do than Keogh though. Did it well.

Forsyth 6 - coped well with the pacey winger, got forward more second half

Eustace 6 - did ok, kept the ball moving, don't know why he played though.

Hughes 7 - had two spells at left midfield, where he is wasted. Still did ok

Bryson 7 - again spent time at left midfield before coming off. Kept play moving.

Coutts 6 - quiet

Martin 9 - never rated him last season, but looked a class above the other 10 tonight.

Sammon 7 - the perfect 'flat track' bully. Never gave them a break.

I must admit that with Hendrick out it was a perfect opportunity to play with only two centre midfielders, surprised that Euatace was picked resulting in Hughes playing wide for so much of the game and Brysondoing a stint out their too. Silly.

I've made a spreadsheet  :ph34r: and my player ratings for every single game this season will go on there - like tonight where I didn't go, I will re-watch on ramsplayer - this will allow me to mark good and bad parts on paper, as opposed to my head (memory aint great) and a more accurate rating.

I was then going to do a month by month review, and see which players are consistent/improving/purple patches.. rough patches...etc 

This would be a good idea for the majority of people who are looking to do something similar!! 

Grant 6 - nothing to do

Smith 7 - decent game, composed.

Keogh 6 - quiet, never in trouble

Buxton 7 - never in trouble, seemed to have more defending to do than Keogh though. Did it well.

Forsyth 6 - coped well with the pacey winger, got forward more second half

Eustace 6 - did ok, kept the ball moving, don't know why he played though.

Hughes 7 - had two spells at left midfield, where he is wasted. Still did ok

Bryson 7 - again spent time at left midfield before coming off. Kept play moving.

Coutts 6 - quiet

Martin 9 - never rated him last season, but looked a class above the other 10 tonight.

Sammon 7 - the perfect 'flat track' bully. Never gave them a break.

I must admit that with Hendrick out it was a perfect opportunity to play with only two centre midfielders, surprised that Euatace was picked resulting in Hughes playing wide for so much of the game and Brysondoing a stint out their too. Silly.

Disagree about eustace. Hughes was not in any fixed position (which suits him), bryson can get forward and eustace can sit, pass it and put a tackle in when needed. He is the most natural of all our midfielders in the holding role.

I've made a spreadsheet  :ph34r: and my player ratings for every single game this season will go on there - like tonight where I didn't go, I will re-watch on ramsplayer - this will allow me to mark good and bad parts on paper, as opposed to my head (memory aint great) and a more accurate rating.

I was then going to do a month by month review, and see which players are consistent/improving/purple patches.. rough patches...etc 

This would be a good idea for the majority of people who are looking to do something similar!! 

Saddo  :ph34r:

:lol:

I spend enough time on here, so thought I would take it one step further.

I honestly cannot wait to have a comprehensive POTY at the end of the season, although if it's not Buxton - I'll be disappointed :(  

Our resident statto will be on to you for this :p

Are you going to rank the fans also? We won it once you know....

Our resident statto will be on to you for this :p

Are you going to rank the fans also? We won it once you know....

We deserved it that year, well... I think the woman who was taped with PJ deserved it that year, but she unfortunately couldn't make it  :lol:

Upto the Yeovil game (which is the last one I saw)

Having had played more than 50% of games, so 3/5 were (drum roll please)

Joint 4th - Freeman, Hughes and Russell - 6.25.

3rd - Lee Grant - 6.6

2nd - Paul Coutts - 6.67

1st - (no surprise) Chris Martin - 6.75 

from reports it seems that Chrissy Martin has had another high scoring game, so should cement his place for 'Ambitious Player Of The Month Award'  :lol:

Grant - 7- nothing much to do but was there when needed

Smith -7- looked to attack and was decent enough.

Keogh -7- easy night

Buxton - everything him and Keogh had to do was routine

Forsyth -6- getting on my nerves. More than his distribution was tested tonight.

Coutts -7- Tidy. His usual busy self but didn't really make a big impact.

Eustace -6- Pretty ordinary.

Hughes -7- classy and simple. More reserved than usual?

Bryson -7- good support. Much more involved.

Martin -8- Exactly the player I'd hoped he'd be. Neat touches. Midfielders trust him to do something and he just encourages them to get forward because for once it's not bouncing back all the time

Sammon -8- could have had more. Very busy and They just couldn't handle his size or pace or his movement. He bullied them really.

Archived