GCSE Results

froggg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done lr, Davs gone to school to see what his pupils have got. Toss up between who's more nervous - him or the kids..

Daughter gets hers this time next year. Predicted grades gone stooopid, half the year dropped from A's & B's to D's. Everybody's goin mad, it needs sorting. I blame Gove, he's a ferkin useless git in all things, especially education. Doubt even Ed Balls was this bad.

Well done lr, Davs gone to school to see what his pupils have got. Toss up between who's more nervous - him or the kids..

Daughter gets hers this time next year. Predicted grades gone stooopid, half the year dropped from A's & B's to D's. Everybody's goin mad, it needs sorting. I blame Gove, he's a ferkin useless git in all things, especially education. Doubt even Ed Balls was this bad.

aye, I was on A's in science all the way through the year and I got a C at the end, right pi**ed me off. Especially as they was on about moving the grade boundaries up while they were being marked!

My youngest daughters doing hers next year too - she got her year 10  science results today, got a B, was predicted an A - so she thinks she's got to re-sit it...im not sure if she's right.??

She also got her 'statistics' result today, an after school thing she did, she got a B in that too. :)

Don't rate Gove but I support his principle that a system where too higher % get the top grades is not a grading system that works.

More B's, C's and D's were needed. IMO only the exceptional (<5%) should get top grades. If 20% of students taking a paper (or whatever the figures were) got the top grade then it is unfair on the 1-3 persons in the class that are of highest ability and are now indistinguishable from their peers.

I see your point Silly - I'm just avoiding going off on one about Gove constantly changing the goalposts, with my daughter stuck in the middle like a guinea pig in school experiments :-(.

Pretty irrelevant to be fair, Cameron has condemned todays youth to a life on the dole or zero contract hours work.

Must be galling to have your prospects reduced to a 0 hour contract at Mike Ashley's Discount Store. Still, they're all lazy and feckless supposedly...sad when a nation turns on its own youth.

I can't believe it was 5 years ago since I got mine :o I can still remember it like it was yesterday.

Old age comes to us all.. ;-)

Gove is trying to sort it isn't he, his belief is the courses at this level are too easy. Personally I think he is doing a good job, we need more politicians who get change through, he could carry on as before and have an easier job.

Gove is trying to sort it isn't he, his belief is the courses at this level are too easy. Personally I think he is doing a good job, we need more politicians who get change through, he could carry on as before and have an easier job.

Is this the same Gove who has had three goes at changing GCSEs and failed three times?

Archived