Will This Year Be Clough Last Year In Charge

gboil

IGOR

Seriously I would love NC to suceed and in terms of buying and selling on a shoe string lots of other managers would have relegated us in the process.However I am at the stage where I need some  desire and passion and dare I say ambition , its about entertainment, its a labour of love watching Derby at the moment.

He is currently the manager of 4th best international side in the world (according to rankings) and from what I can gather has done an okay job - now, if he was to be sacked from Croatia then perhaps there would be a chance, but at the minute I would imagine he would have his eyes set on going to the world cup.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren Wassall? Robbie Savage haha Neil Warnock?

The latter I'd have in a heartbeat, flopped at Leeds but his track record in this division speaks volumes.

If Nigel is here in the next 18 months I'd be surprised, the pressure is enormous this season and if his antics on Sunday were anything to go by he is already feeling the nerves,

Darren Wassall? Robbie Savage haha Neil Warnock?

The latter I'd have in a heartbeat, flopped at Leeds but his track record in this division speaks volumes.

If Nigel is here in the next 18 months I'd be surprised, the pressure is enormous this season and if his antics on Sunday were anything to go by he is already feeling the nerves,

Wouldn't want Warnock anywhere near here

It's all the baggage that Colin brings with him that is the problem. Like the time that he tried to get a match abandoned because they had had so many players sent off, he instructed other players to feign injury.

Warnocks win record at every club (including Leeds) he's managed at is better than what Nigel's currently is here.

Can't be that bad a manager.

Everything is comparative my friend, if Cloughs record was poor and Warnocks average then it would make him a better manager than Clough but still not a good manager 

Will Hughes is fantastic talent and one of the best prospects in the country. Is that all down to derby or has he just got the ability? I think they have played a part of course but he has the raw talent.

To say our youth policy is so amazing is over the top, yes we have Hughes, Hendrick who is. Steady champ player so far and OB I guess but I'm not a huge fan myself of him. Even in recent times we have produced players, the batch of grant, camp, nya, Holmes, Huddleston, Addison, Barnes, izale under westley to be fair was pretty successful as it produced so many pro footballers. Huddleston is a huge success as he has gone on and played for England which hopefully Hughes should do if he kicks on and has some luck.

Clough has put good people in charge but the academy's success is down to Wassell, Pat and all their staff.

Are you saying that clough is a success due to is having produced 3 players?

No if you read my post, I stated that the hard work they have put in behind the scenes getting our academy firing on all cylinders cannot be sniffed at whether you support the management team or not. Nowhere did I mention that this factor alone makes him a success.

Nigel Clough is extremely frustrating.

He's signed quality players at low prices who work well together and could quite easily mount a promotion push.

But as long as he keeps going completely defensive (should it be away from home or a goal up) we will concede and therefore go nowhere.

It's just basic tactics. Defending a lead doesn't mean letting the opposition have the ball and keep coming at you.

If we finish in the bottom half I expect it will be his last season, yes.

But I don't think we will.

Agreed too much has been built behind the scenes as well as on the pitch.  We had ambitious plans when the new board brought in NC, however a global recession shortly followed and I think that is why the pace has slowed and we are run very much like a business first, frustrating for fans, however ensures that we are around in the long term.

Archived