Will This Year Be Clough Last Year In Charge

gboil

I actually think he is under more pressure and many fans who have backed him are expecting a major improvement this season. If we are struggling down the bottom end I could see the pressure building this time.. Mick Harford was saying Sunday night, (he was out with ramage), he is amazed clough job seems so safe when the best he has produced is 10th, no other manager would get that much time at another club without actually producing anything on the pitch.

Que the slagging off of Mick Halford for having an opinion

Not going to slag Harford off for having an opinion but just looking at the bare facts and forming an opinion is ridiculous.

Assume he also thought Brendan Rodgers should be sacked?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to slag Harford off for having an opinion but just looking at the bare facts and forming an opinion is ridiculous.

Assume he also thought Brendan Rodgers should be sacked?

What's Brendan Rodgers got to do with it? He has been at Liverpool one year and took Swansea up and kept then up his job before.

How do you know he doesn't keep an eye on us and the facts?

What's Brendan Rodgers got to do with it? He has been at Liverpool one year and took Swansea up and kept then up his job before.

How do you know he doesn't keep an eye on us and the facts?

Manager of a big club and only finished 7th.

Well if he does keep an eye us and the facts it would make his statement even more puzzling.

Manager of a big club and only finished 7th.

Well if he does keep an eye us and the facts it would make his statement even more puzzling.

That's not like clough who has been here nearly 5. What facts are these? Are you referring to the reduction of the wage bill?

Will this year be clough last year in charge, he has had the time now to get us promoted and the yanks did say we will get promoted in five years when they took over 

You mean "will it be his last year if we don't go up?"

Should get a season if we get promoted.

I'd love to see who we would bring in if Clough wasn't manager.

My guess would be Gary Rowett - who I wouldn't actually mind, but im guessing the people who want Clough out are dreaming up Martin O'Neil :lol:

I'd take Rowett very enthusiastic don't think that would be bad at all.

Martin O'Neil so over rated signed a lot of ***** for decent money at Sunderland.

As well as completely overhaul the squad and rebuild the club top to bottom.

He rebuilt the squad which all managers do and was his choice. What do you you mean top to bottom? Do you mean put his own people in the academy set up? Again most managers do that as well. It's nothing that doesn't happen at all the other clubs

He rebuilt the squad which all managers do and was his choice. What do you you mean top to bottom? Do you mean put his own people in the academy set up? Again most managers do that as well. It's nothing that doesn't happen at all the other clubs

To be fair to the guy, he has had to rebuild the side by gradually trading in some fairly poor and over paid players and replace them with largely untried players who work together. I haven't thought about it a great deal but I can't really think of any other recent manager who has had to work totally in that way.

To be fair to the guy, he has had to rebuild the side by gradually trading in some fairly poor and over paid players and replace them with largely untried players who work together. I haven't thought about it a great deal but I can't really think of any other recent manager who has had to work totally in that way.

Powell

Holloway

Freedman

Mackay (at Watford)

The only thing that cannot be sniffed at whether you like our current management or not is the fantastic work they have done with the academy, It is now arguably producing the best talent I have ever known come out of the academy............the only other player of note is Huddlestone, maybe a bit unfair to judge but I can see Will Hughes being a far superior player than Hudd.

The current age of newest superstar means that they have played a massive part in the growth of Hughes, and they reportedly stole him from Forest? Even better.

Powell

Holloway

Freedman

Mackay (at Watford)

All decent managers but I am not sure that they have had to clear out a team of expensive players and replace them with cheaper models and at the same time change the whole ethos of the club (that is me saying in a very polite way that none of those managers have had to do what NC has had to do, unless you can expand your answer and give an explanation).

Asanovic? Assistant at the national side for six years, then went with Bilic to Lokomotiv.

Will have some good contacts around the globe, knows the club and played/assisted on big stages.

yep, just what we need, someone with a reputation for going where the money is and leaving really quickly...........

Said many times before, I don't think anyone would have done Clough's job up to now, before you even get in to a discussion of who could have done it.

For that he should be thanked and remembered - he's turned us into a respectable, honest Championship side from one of footballing history's most expensive laughing stocks.

But the job description has changed now, and those set of skills from Clough to get us here will not necessarily make us Champions.

My take on the matter is that either Clough learns, or he goes. The Clough fans like me will begin to lose patience if we don't start getting closer to the playoffs - because that's what it's about now, surely?

Archived