Football League to honour founder members

froggg

The Football League is to present specially commissioned blue plaques to its 12 founder member clubs, in recognition of the special role they played in the formation of the world’s original league football competition.

The first season of The Football League kicked off on 8th September 1888 and featured Accrington, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Burnley, Derby County, Everton, Notts County, Preston North End, Stoke, West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

(football league)

"http://www.fl125.co.uk/images/founder-members-125" alt="founder-members-125">

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daveo, could you please stop writing posts that I agree with and/or make me laugh? I've put a like on a couple but I can't keep doing that or the great unwashed will think I'm currying favour with the boss, when it's just that the more refined of us all agree.

Archram your likes are appreciated, they keep me going and inspire me to continue knowing that I put a smile on at least one persons face. Don't worry what anyone else thinks, I'll ban them if they say anything to you, just give me the names and I'll sort it

Archram your likes are appreciated, they keep me going and inspire me to continue knowing that I put a smile on at least one persons face. Don't worry what anyone else thinks, I'll ban them if they say anything to you, just give me the names and I'll sort it

You're a hero!

Archived