Roadrider away travel

Boycie

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used it before I was old enough to drink, then later on when had an away season ticket a few of us just travelled everywhere by car. Much cheaper and you can always make better plans than having a set time to be back on the coach before it buggers off!

Bit of a contrast to Stoke's current ethos on away travelling numbers!

For games that are over 2 hours travel distance by car, then I'd get the coach down. But for shorter distance it's abit pricey.

For example I went to Wolves last season and the roadrider price was just silly. I think it was about 18 quid? I gave my mate 10 pound petrol money, went halves on the 4 pound car park. And we could go directly straight home afterwards.

Would be good if the club could take on board to some degree the Stoke idea & provide up to say 20No. free coaches to the long away trips (Brighton/Bournemouth/Yeovil Etc.) Or at least if not free subsidised to a cheap price of say £10.00 each. This would really boost the numbers and no doubt the team would benefit from the support.

Just so you know I had a meeting with the club about the RR prices and the fact we seriously need to address our away following.

I advised cheaper RR travel.

I advised that when one coach is sold out another is automatically booked and filled, even if this doesn't sell. Last season we were turning fans away because they couldn't book official travel and had no way of getting to the game, based on affordability and personal circumstances such as Cardiff on a tuesday night etc

Spoke to the new ticket office manager and been assured that coaches will be automatically be booked when the original quota has been sold out which is good news.

However, very disappointed to hear of the Brighton prices.

At £31 and £33 a head that means £1488 is generated on 48 seats being sold at £31. I have a quote from Skills, who I believe were used last year, and a price of around £800 was quoted. That is basically £17 a head. 

I stressed that imho the club should not be making profit on these as if they are serious about promotion, away support will be crucial. So a price of £20 could be charged and still make a tidy little profit but more importantly this would be an affordable price for a fan to attend.

I await an answer back on this......

Nick

To be fair SP £800 is not a bad run for Brighton and if I were booking it privately I would be satisfied with that.

With the power and contract deals from DCFC I am sure without doubt it could be.

I suggested also that the club should not be concerned at making a small loss for something so important. 12th man an all.....

The club shouldn't profit on already high away ticket prices. The club take a cut of the away attendance anyway, so ought to be encouraging us to use their transport.

And they can police it better.

I have always kept an eye on what Burton charge to away games and they always seem very reasonable. The first four games are Cheltenham £10, Sheffield Utd £10, Fleetwood inc Blackpool £14 and Accrington £11. 

Archived