Roadrider away travel

Boycie

I have always kept an eye on what Burton charge to away games and they always seem very reasonable. The first four games are Cheltenham £10, Sheffield Utd £10, Fleetwood inc Blackpool £14 and Accrington £11.

for a 8 seater mini bus, that ain't bad.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good work there Nick, but as you say there is still quite a margin for DCFC to reduce the prices.
Personally, I don't use Roadrider, for local (Yorkshire games) it would be lunacy to travel to Pride Park.
For the more distant games, me and the wife try to make a weekend of it - went to Blackpool last match

of season and never even got in to ground.

Off to Yeovil game 24th Aug, we are staying Friday to Monday in Bristol, great place for a weekend break.

I totally agree that our once superb away support has dwindled to a somewhat embarrasing level for a club

of our size, cost must be one factor but there's got to be other reasons as well.

Cheers

Steve.

Following discussions with the club the Brighton Roadroder tickets will now be priced at £26 and £28 as opposed to the £31 and £33.

A reasonable price for the long journey.

Nick

Good work Nick but I can't really see this slight price reduction having much tangible effect on our away support to Brighton. In these testing times financially when football fans are being clobbered with extortionate ticket prices, I think free or 'at cost' only away travel should be a real consideration for all clubs - it's not only us who have seen a slide in away followings. In this instance (and probably this one time only) I doth my cap in the direction of Stoke City - quite a ballsy move...but certainly admirable to say the least.

I'm sure the club read this thread, and the chap on Facebook.

But it shows they listen, and are trying to squeeze every last buck, sorry, pound out of us fans.

Well done to the club, for backing down and listening to the fans.

Just to give you an idea,the coach company we use in Cardiff,for cruise passengers,charge £1100-1200 for a return trip to Southampton .

This is a round trip of approx 300 miles

Won't that be 2 trips? Once to take them, and return, then another to collect them and return? An away game would be 1 use there and back ?

Archived