Wimbledon 2013

Day

It was even denied (again) as recently as yesterday morning in one newspaper (not a paper that you and 'your mate' would be likely to read though).

Get off ya soap box boy, you have no idea on the papers I read, i'm a businessman and have no interest in the papers you assume I read.

I am not going to keep explaining to you, I heard years ago he wore one, that's the end of it, I couldn't give a flying F**k whether he did or not.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't bring myself to support him, he is Scottish after all, it's just not he same.

Great win for lions earlier, now that did make the weekend....

Andy Murray has had another very easy route to the final.. He hasn't even played a top10 player yet has he?

I don't see why Tennis should be bound to countries by loyalty when other sports like Golf, F1 and Snooker aren't..

Andy Murray doesn't represent GB when he's on tour but as soon as he's at Wimbledon all of a sudden representing the country and people blindly follow him..

I think you're doing him a bit of a dis-service there Bris. Murray doesn't underestimate any of his opponents, to get this far he's had to play well, often at his best to turn it round. He'll have to do it again tomorrow too, just like Djoko will have to. I don't think either of them will take winning it for granted.

I like him because he's a good player - better now he's being coached by Lendl. It'll be tough tomorrow but if he wins it won't be the first time he's beaten him.

I think Murray is as good as Djoko.. Or he can be..

But I have more respect for Djoko as he's beaten two of the other 3 in the same tournament.. Murray is the only one of the 4 that hasn't done that yet in the past 3 or 4 years, so I don't see his US and possible Wimbledon titles as impressive as the others..

He has a great life though.. Tennis a tough sport, you have to have a good background and money to play the game..

I think of all the sports it's the most rewarding.. The money can be phenomenal and you don't have to even be a top 20 player to have a life that so many envy... I'd love to be just a top 150 player, earning thousands (possibly millions for overall earnings plus sponsors) and travelling the world like the other guys do..

I mean look at Grigor Dimitrov.. The guy is 22 years old, ranked 30th odd in the world, never made it past the 3rd round at a major, he's already won over $1.5mill in prize money, he's dating Maria Sharapova and he's seen more of the world that 99% of the worlds population.. What's not to envy?

Or an even better example..

Go Soeda.. 28 years old.. Ranked 129 in the world. I doubt anyone on here has heard of him.  The guy has never been past the 2nd round of a major, In fact he's only ever qualified for 11 majors since 2007. The guy has earned from prize money over $750,000.. Throw in sponsors and other stuff he's probably over $800,000 for his career.. Given he's 28, he's basically been earning $100,000 a year for the past 8 years, he'll have another 4 or 5 years left in him and he's been able to travel the world and must be so comfortable for money.. What's not to envy? And he's not even a top player.

Andy Murray has had another very easy route to the final.. He hasn't even played a top10 player yet has he?

I don't see why Tennis should be bound to countries by loyalty when other sports like Golf, F1 and Snooker aren't..

Andy Murray doesn't represent GB when he's on tour but as soon as he's at Wimbledon all of a sudden representing the country and people blindly follow him..

I agree, it's like someone born in England giving having their loyalties lie with another country, maybe Spain for example.

Oh wait.........

Get off ya soap box boy, you have no idea on the papers I read, i'm a businessman and have no interest in the papers you assume I read.

I am not going to keep explaining to you, I heard years ago he wore one, that's the end of it, I couldn't give a flying F**k whether he did or not.

You still really, really want to believe it though don't you?

You and your pal who has problems with his bladder.

I just can't bring myself to support him, he is Scottish after all, it's just not he same.

Great win for lions earlier, now that did make the weekend....

Indeed, and it would be churlish of me to point out that the side included Scots, Welsh and Irish. British and Irish Lions.

I agree, it's like someone born in England giving having their loyalties lie with another country, maybe Spain for example.

Oh wait.........

All the sports he mentioned are bound by loyalties to nations though. Do you think the booing of Vettel last week would have happened if it was... Say Raikonnen. I doubt it. Similar with golf, people would much rather see Justin Rose or Ian Poulter win a major than Tiger Woods,

Indeed, and it would be churlish of me to point out that the side included Scots, Welsh and Irish. British and Irish Lions.

One scot I believe, and it wouldn't be churlish of all, makes you wonder why I didn't put that comment in the lions thread

Booooo Murray out

All the sports he mentioned are bound by loyalties to nations though. Do you think the booing of Vettel last week would have happened if it was... Say Raikonnen. I doubt it. Similar with golf, people would much rather see Justin Rose or Ian Poulter win a major than Tiger Woods,

What's that got to do with the country "blindly following Murray" that he quoted ?

One scot I believe, and it wouldn't be churlish of all, makes you wonder why I didn't put that comment in the lions thread

Booooo Murray out

Well, if you glorified the British Lions victory and mentioned the fact that it was despite the presence of a Scotsman, wouldn't you then have to admit that it was because Wales carried the rest of the British Isles?

That's my final Offa.

Well, if you glorified the British Lions victory and mentioned the fact that it was despite the presence of a Scotsman, wouldn't you then have to admit that it was because Wales carried the rest of the British Isles?

That's my final Offa.

Yes im happy to support the welsh but that's because the welsh are happy to be associated with England, they don't dislike us like the scots, its clear everybody north of the border hates us with a passion.

Btw the posts were very much tongue in cheek, ill be supporting Murray, I didn't think anyone would take my first post as being serious ;-)

Yes im happy to support the welsh but that's because the welsh are happy to be associated with England, they don't dislike us like the scots, its clear everybody north of the border hates us with a passion.

Btw the posts were very much tongue in cheek, ill be supporting Murray, I didn't think anyone would take my first post as being serious ;-)

I don't take anything on the internet seriously, and it often gets me into message board tit-for-tat shenanigans because people sometimes object to me taking the piss.

Like Springsteen wrote, "Born to Wum".

Ah but what you see as taking the piss Eddie, mightnot be seen as that to whoever's on the recieving end.

If you are 'born to wum' just be aware that it could result in a ban.

It's the members' decision then to make their own choice about what they post - we can't be there to look over shoulders - then the mod squad will look and have the final say.

It's all in the rules, you just have to know how to read.

Ah but what you see as taking the piss Eddie, mightnot be seen as that to whoever's on the recieving end.

If you are 'born to wum' just be aware that it could result in a ban.

It's the members' decision then to make their own choice about what they post - we can't be there to look over shoulders - then the mod squad will look and have the final say.

It's all in the rules, you just have to know how to read.

To tell the truth, if what I am guilty of is worthy of a ban, then this messageboard is not for me. Please unsubscribe me if you wish - I won't moan.

To tell the truth, if what I am guilty of is worthy of a ban, then this messageboard is not for me. Please unsubscribe me if you wish - I won't moan.

I'm not unsubscribing you or anybody Eddie, I'm just letting you and everybody know the forum rules on wumming.

Enjoying the tennis?

Archived