Steven Davies

Rammy Pezzer

Steve Davies. Despite having Sammon and now Russell, would you like to see Davies back at Derby as a backup? Personally, I don't think he should be playing in League 1 at Bristol. If you wouldn't want him back, how come and what team would you like to see him playing at?

"http://i.eurosport.com/2012/01/19/801034-13670429-640-360" alt="801034-13670429-640-360">

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No-one ever wanted to see him go... He left through his own choices so can't imagine he'd come back...

Would have loved to see him playing alongside Sammon this season...

I'd like to see him alongside Russell with Sammon somewhere else.

I'd like to see him alongside Russell with Sammon somewhere else.

Noooooo... Because I always thought playing Davies as a target man was a waste of his talent on the ball... He was a creative/flair player when we signed him and he scored some crackers when he had a bit of space... Playing off Sammon (like Ward) he'd have more space...

Noooooo... Because I always thought playing Davies as a target man was a waste of his talent on the ball... He was a creative/flair player when we signed him and he scored some crackers when he had a bit of space... Playing off Sammon (like Ward) he'd have more space...

Don't see why you need a target man if you play football... even given that, Sammon really isn't a good target man with the touch he has.

Don't see why you need a target man if you play football... even given that, Sammon really isn't a good target man with the touch he has.

Maybe 'Target Man' was the wrong term... I'm talking about the guy who leads the line...

What football are you watching? We don't play with a target man. A typical target man has long angled ball played up to him. We don't play that way. Sammon is a very good mobile centre forward. He occupies the central defenders and brigs others into the game but that isn't a "Target man".

You don't have to play in the air to a target man... he's just the guy up front you use to channel play through...

He's always injured, wanted out last Summer, doesnt put in much effort and will sulk because he isn't starting.

Sure he scored a dozen last season, but Jesus friggin Christ he doesn't want to play for us hence the reason he left and his wife/girlfriend had a hissy fit on Twitter.

What is people's obsession with this guy? I don't get it.

You really have got an unhealthy complex about the guy.

What football are you watching? We don't play with a target man. A typical target man has long angled balls played up to him. We don't play that way. Sammon is a very good mobile centre forward. He occupies the central defenders and brings others into the game but that isn't a "Target man".

We may not have played those tactics relentlessly last season, but in previous seasons we did. In particular, Davies used to face criticism for his inability to work magic with diagonal hoof balls.

If you think he has a good first touch then I honestly don't know what you've been watching for the past year.

Like I said, you have a fixation with the guy, and no matter how much you lambast him and squawk about him, there will be those who are less myopic than you, and are capable of seeing that he brings attributes to the team that others cannot.

Decent enough when he played but we have a better mix of strikers now in my opinion.

He'll play at the level he fits with, he's shown he can play at Championship level obviously but I don't really expect him to leave Bristol and will do well in league one if he can stay fit.

Archived