Bohemians Friendly - info for travelling fans

spike1969

That's enough to make you want to change your plans Joe, I dont blame you either. 

He can bloody walk across for all I care.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's Happening Now folks?

I plan to make a weekend of it, arrive down on the Friday to watch my local football club, Derry City, take on Shamrock Rovers at Talliaght Stadium then next day head to this fixture. To my knowledge there is a few other ones planning to do the same.

Have you had any luck in booking accommodation? The weekend in question hosts a three day festival (Phoenix In The Park) and that weekend last year was quite difficult to book into hotels. Need to get myself sorted yet.

I plan to make a weekend of it, arrive down on the Friday to watch my local football club, Derry City, take on Shamrock Rovers at Talliaght Stadium then next day head to this fixture. To my knowledge there is a few other ones planning to do the same.

Have you had any luck in booking accommodation? The weekend in question hosts a three day festival (Phoenix In The Park) and that weekend last year was quite difficult to book into hotels. Need to get myself sorted yet.

I have seen some cheap rooms still available on laterooms.com - I am travelling up from Cork on Saturday morning - it would be nice to find a pub or somewhere where travelling fans can meet - especially for the Irish-based supporters as we are scattered to the four-winds over here. Irish Ram's also lack a properly organized supporters club: no website, no facebook etc. which doesn't help.

You'll find plenty of B&B accommodation even now in the Drumcondra / Phibsborough areas.

I have seen some cheap rooms still available on laterooms.com - I am travelling up from Cork on Saturday morning - it would be nice to find a pub or somewhere where travelling fans can meet - especially for the Irish-based supporters as we are scattered to the four-winds over here. Irish Ram's also lack a properly organized supporters club: no website, no facebook etc. which doesn't help.

There is a great chance Boh will open up their bar if we ask them. In the past they opened up for Derry City fans ahead of cup finals etc. As long as we promise a decent number I am sure they won't mind. Otherwise there is Doyle's at the corner across from Dalymount.

Isn't there a Dublin Ram's supporters club? I have seen their flag in the past at Pride Park.

There is a great chance Boh will open up their bar if we ask them. In the past they opened up for Derry City fans ahead of cup finals etc. As long as we promise a decent number I am sure they won't mind. Otherwise there is Doyle's at the corner across from Dalymount.

Isn't there a Dublin Ram's supporters club? I have seen their flag in the past at Pride Park.

We will definitely open our bars early on the Saturday for visiting Derby fans, we have 3 bars in the ground and you be hard pressed to find a cheaper pint in Dublin.

If there is a wish for Derby fans to meet up on the Friday night, we can make one of our bars available for you guys. As mentioned we are only 5 minutes from Temple Bar, so for those who want to sample that part of Dublin's nightlife you will only be a short taxi journey away.

Looking forward to seeing you all that weekend.

Ryanair only charging £65.00 for the day trip from Birmingham.

Depart 0755 and return 2155.

Plenty of Rams Fans already on that flight and next week I will be arranging numbers for transport to and from Birmingham Airport from Derby.

Nick

So much looking forward to this.

The secretary of Bohs took me on a tour of Dalymount Park a few years ago - I shall do my best to pay him back by drinking my own weight in beer - but after the game.

Derry Ram - Trying to get as many Rams fans together as possible. Do you suggest this Doyles place for meeting? 

I will promote via twitter and facebook if so.

Updates throughout day at @dcfc_flagman

Nick

I shall be going to the Porterhouse North for a couple before the match 

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Porterhouse+North,+Glasnevin,+Ireland&daddr=dalymount+park,+dublin&hl=en&ll=53.362718,-6.273301&spn=0.007299,0.01929&sll=53.364421,-6.273751&sspn=0.007298,0.01929&geocode=FexHLgMdGk6g_yHK5rhU7FUVBin___-_DA5nSDHK5rhU7FUVBg%3BFZc8LgMdg0Cg_yn3wrNl1g1nSDGhAioZxI10qw&oq=porterhouse+north,+&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=16

(hope the link works)

Derry Ram - Trying to get as many Rams fans together as possible. Do you suggest this Doyles place for meeting? 

I will promote via twitter and facebook if so.

Updates throughout day at @dcfc_flagman

Nick

I haven't been in Doyle's in a while but I remember it being big enough. Then again Eddie's suggestion of the Porterhouse isn't a bad call. Its a little further down the street and has a great selection of porter stout and craft beer.

No,no, this just won't do! you'll all have to go where nick says!

;)

There's a nice beer garden at the Porterhouse North, and it's the ideal place for giant flags etc. However, I don't want to 'divide and conquer' here.

http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/bars-dublin-north.php

The late, great Michael Jackson (aka The Beer Hunter) labelled their Wrasslers XXXX as "The best stout in Ireland".

Temple Bar Hotel is 100% a hotel mate, it has got adjoining nightlub alright but its definitely a hotel and they have advised they will look after all travelling Derby fans

In relation to the club bars, we are doing a special the day of the game where all pints are €3.50 (and a additional special on Fosters at €3 a pint). You will not get better value than that so get up there early and enjoy a few pre match beers.

After the game, one of the bars will have live music, a cover band doing Oasis /Stone Roses that type of thing if that interests you. Alternatively you can go to one of our other bars and regale the locals of stories of how League of Ireland export; twinkle toed Conor Sammon has transformed the fortunes of your club

Matt:

I presume that you know the secretary of Bohs (for all I know you might be the secretary of Bohs).

A few years ago Dalymount Park staged a UEFA Cup match between Drogs and Helsingborg (Henrik Larson played). I was working in Dublin at the time, at Hibernian / Aviva. As well as sorting a ticket out for me for the game, your secretary took me on a conducted tour of the ground, dressing rooms, treatment room, the lot.

I haven't forgotten - thank him for me. And yes, I will be having a jar or two at the ground. 

Archived