Bohemians Friendly - info for travelling fans

spike1969

Very rarely do I have anything useful to contribute to the forum but todays my day!

I am a long time resident of Ireland and have friends on the Boh's board and I have been asked to post some information for anyone who is interested in travelling over to Dublin for the friendly.

Message from Boh's:

"Our good friends at the Temple Bar Hotel have joined us in welcoming Derby County supporters to Dublin for our upcoming friendly in July (Saturday 13th).

The hotel, with an unrivaled location in the very heart of Dublin city centre, is providing special weekend bed and breakfast rates for the travelling Rams of €95 per single room and €125 per double room.

To make a reservation, please contact the Temple Bar Hotel at reservations@tbh.ie or call +353 1 677 3333 – and make sure to mention you’re coming to Dublin for the Bohs game!"

More info at: http://bohemianfc.com/?cat=5

The hotel is smack in the middle of Dublin in the tourist area and is a 5 min taxi ride from Dalymount Park.

Tickets for the game will not be sold in advance and you will be able to pay cash at the turnstiles.

Boh's will be opening up the bars in the club from early on the Saturday and will be doing drinks specials for Derby fans. The bars will remain open late in to the night after the game.

If anyone has any questions about the game, the location, travel, Dublin in general...........please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers, Spike.

And of course the good thing about the Temple Bar Hotel is that you are only 5 minutes walk from a good pub (The Porterhouse)

:p

Cheers, Spike.

And of course the good thing about the Temple Bar Hotel is that you are only 5 minutes walk from a good pub (The Porterhouse)

:p

You are indeed Eddie. But to be fair you would be within 5 mins walk of about 50 other good pubs as well :)

Incidentally, I found the Bohs secretary a really helpful chap when I was working in Dublin a few years ago.

I went to Dalymount Park to get a ticket for the UEFA Cup match between Drogheda United and Helsingborgs a few years ago, and had a really good chat. He took me on a guided tour of the ground, the dressing rooms etc AND bought me a pint and sorted a ticket out for me.

You are indeed Eddie. But to be fair you would be within 5 mins walk of about 50 other good pubs as well :)

Yep.

Messrs Maguires for a start. I was in there a few months ago and their house-brewed Imperial Stout was to die for. 

Incidentally, I found the Bohs secretary a really helpful chap when I was working in Dublin a few years ago.

I went to Dalymount Park to get a ticket for the UEFA Cup match between Drogheda United and Helsingborgs a few years ago, and had a really good chat. He took me on a guided tour of the ground, the dressing rooms etc AND bought me a pint and sorted a ticket out for me.

You cant get fairer than that!

They are pretty keen to make things as friendly, comfortable and easy for travelling Derby fans coming over for this game as well. Times are tough on the financial front and Boh's are owned by its members - any outside revenue is hugely important and this game has potential to bring a few extra Euro's in to the coffers. They hope as many Derby fans as possible make the trip and are hoping that our Irish players draw some local interest as well.

You cant get fairer than that!

They are pretty keen to make things as friendly, comfortable and easy for travelling Derby fans coming over for this game as well. Times are tough on the financial front and Boh's are owned by its members - any outside revenue is hugely important and this game has potential to bring a few extra Euro's in to the coffers. They hope as many Derby fans as possible make the trip and are hoping that our Irish players draw some local interest as well.

They'll be out in their droves to see our Connor!

I hear kids all over Ireland are asking their barbers to do their hair like Connor Sammon. He's an icon over there.

They'll be out in their droves to see our Connor!

I hear kids all over Ireland are asking their barbers to do their hair like Connor Sammon. He's an icon over there.

There were plenty of "spud heads" over here well before our Connor started setting trends!

Incidently, he divides opinion over here more so than he does at home. His stock did go up though when he put an England defender on his backside with a bodycheck in the last few mins at Wembley on Wednesday :)

There were plenty of "spud heads" over here well before our Connor started setting trends!

Incidently, he divides opinion over here more so than he does at home. His stock did go up though when he put an England defender on his backside with a bodycheck in the last few mins at Wembley on Wednesday :)

He's that kind of player though I guess! He put in a decent shift against England.

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff - I will be coming up to the game from Cork with my Harrogate-town supporting mate! Is there gonna be a meet-up planned before the match in a pub or something for Rams fans? Would be a nice idea if it could happen!

A group of us will be going up early on the Friday morning and getting the flight back late Sunday night. It's going to be a big weekend.

We should be bringing a flag with us too!

Anyone been to Dublin before? Where's the best night life?

Get in! The Rams are coming to Dublin!

A group of us will be going up early on the Friday morning and getting the flight back late Sunday night. It's going to be a big weekend.

I'm from there Joe. Temple Bar will be buzzing but in my opinion, it's very touristy at night. Better going in there for a daytime pint. At night, you get a lot of Hen and Stag Parties over from England a lot of Americans, Europeans trying to soak up the 'Irish craic'. Can be a bit artificial in my opinion. 

Some of the city centre pubs I like are Synotts just off Stephens Green, Messyrs Maguire on the Quays of the Liffey and O'Neills pub on Suffolk Street. All three are great pubs particularly the latter 2. As for nightclubs, there's a good one nextdoor to Messyrs Maguire called Q Bar. The main nightlife for Irish people and choice of nightclubs is on Harcourt Street which is about a 15 minute walk away. The biggest and best nightclubs are there in my opinion. Copperfacejacks is a bit of a meat market and probably the most infamous one there. Think the Irish team were in there after they qualified for Euro 2012.

If you want more on hotels or restaurants let me know lads. 

Flying from East Midlands?

If so, that'll be the flights the Memsahib and I will be on. FR535 out, FR536 back.

If anyone was still looking for accomodation, I'd suggest the many B&B's in the Drumcondra area just beside Croke Park. The reason for this is, it's a lot nearer to the airport than the city centre (thus saving taxi fare) and also considerably cheaper than anywhere in the city centre (Dublin is a rip off). It's a short walk to Dalymount Park (where the Rams match is) and because Croke Park is nearby, there are several pubs to choose from on matchday in the area. 

If you wanted to go to the city centre, you are about a 25 minute walk away or 5 mins in a taxi. There is also a train station in Drumcondra (called the Dart) that would get you into the City Centre or anywhere else in Dublin and along the coast.

Food for thought for anyone travelling over.

Archived