POODUNNIT

Leicester Ram

(no it isn't another one of Daveo's poo threads)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4932208/Brighton-set-to-call-police-over-dressing-room-poo.html

BRIGHTON are set to call in the police to find out who did a poo in the Crystal Palace dressing room before Monday’s play-off crunch.

The Eagles arrived at the Amex to find excrement on the floor of their toilets and shower area.

Seagulls manager Gus Poyet was suspended along with assistant Mauricio Taricco after the Uruguayan sent an email to staff demanding to know: Poodunnit?

Poyet wrote: “I’m angry someone could endanger our reputation and stoop so low.”

Now there are increasing fears that Poyet will never return to the club.

Does this beat Stokes pig head antics?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(no it isn't another one of Daveo's poo threads)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4932208/Brighton-set-to-call-police-over-dressing-room-poo.html

BRIGHTON are set to call in the police to find out who did a poo in the Crystal Palace dressing room before Monday’s play-off crunch.

The Eagles arrived at the Amex to find excrement on the floor of their toilets and shower area.

Seagulls manager Gus Poyet was suspended along with assistant Mauricio Taricco after the Uruguayan sent an email to staff demanding to know: Poodunnit?

Poyet wrote: “I’m angry someone could endanger our reputation and stoop stool so low.”

Now there are increasing fears that Poyet will never return to the club.

Does this beat Stokes pig head antics?

FTFY

Obviously motivated Palace enough to beat Brighton, maybe we should employ someone to excrement on the floor of our changing rooms in away games, might get better results

Jewell had plenty of **** in the changing room. Never helped

Ian Holloway has thanked whoever left excrement in Crystal Palace's dressing room prior to their play-off semi-final at Brighton for giving him the easiest team talk of his career.

The Eagles were greeted by the disgusting deposit when they arrived at the Amex Stadium for last Monday's second leg.

Holloway's side were big underdogs going into that match following the goalless home leg three days earlier, but two Wilfried Zaha goals secured a 2-0 win and a Wembley final against Watford next Monday to decide who will play in the Barclays Premier League next season.

Eagles boss Holloway said: 'I have to thank that person for doing me the biggest favour. I didn't have to gee the players up at all, in fact I had to calm them down. I've never seen a look like that on Wilf's face.

'So how stupid is that person? He got Palace to play like that. It never ceases to amaze me, how low will some people go?'

Brighton have formally apologised to Palace and launched an internal investigation, while also suspending manager Gus Poyet and two of his staff for unrelated matters. Holloway is now keen to draw a line under the unsavoury incident.

'You have to act with dignity and I believe Brighton have,' he added. 'It must be difficult, with a stadium like that, to stop a complete lunatic trying to spoil what Brighton do - we all know what a good club Brighton are.

'We chose to keep it to ourselves, I trust they will do it in the right way. Brighton's a fantastic club - although that didn't endear them to me It's a silly, nonsensical thing but it's not as bad as it used to be when people would throw their seats at the away fans.

'No-one was hurt, so let's just treat it that Brighton will deal with it. I thank them for the bottle of wine they gave me after I told them about it. Someone got into our dressing room who shouldn't have done but Brighton responded it to it very well.

Brighton formally apologised to Palace after excrement, with chief executive Paul Barber saying the club has 'reviewed our internal procedures to guard against this ever happening again.'

In an email to season-ticket holders, Barber said: 'We apologised to Crystal Palace as soon as the vandalism in their dressing room was discovered, and again more formally a few days after the match.'

Poyet, who has since been suspended by Brighton, wrote a scathing email to his staff to find out who was responsible for the appalling incident.

The Sun revealed the ranting email that was sent in the wake of Brighton's 2-0 defeat.

'I am angry that someone within this club could endanger our good reputation and stoop so low. I would like someone to accept responsibility and resign,' read the email.

Poyet also criticised the marketing department's decision to leave clappers on the seats, saying it added a 'negative vibe to proceedings.'

The former Spain star told The Brighton Argus: ‘He is the worst person I've come across in football. For me he is a selfish person, very egocentric. I say that because it's how I feel.

'I won't talk badly about my team-mates, because they have been fantastic with me. What I think is unacceptable is that the manager makes fun of his players. I've seen things here that I have never seen in my career.

'If you miss with a shot in training, he makes fun. For me, that is unacceptable in football.’

A video of Holloway dancing in the Palace dressing room after the game became an internet sensation after it was posted on Twitter by winger Yannick Bolasie.

Holloway revealed he was not happy wit his player for posting the video online.

He added: 'If you can’t enjoy yourself after a performance and a result like that in the privacy of your dressing room... but this is how we live in the modern world. Everybody has a mobile phone.

'I did not know it was being filmed by one of my players. He’s got a flea in his ear.

'We are very glad [there was no film of] what was happening all those years ago in the Leeds United dressing room when you had such strong characters like Billy Bremner, Johnny Giles and Jack Charlton. Good gracious me. My dance steps should have been private.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2328327/Ian-Holloway-thanks-Brighton-excrement-changing-room.html#ixzz2TwNr9gaS

THE FULL TRANSCRIPT OF GUS POYET'S EMAIL TO HIS STAFF

'Hi All,

1) ...when Crystal Palace players and staff arrived to the Amex and went into their dressing room, they found themselves in a very uncomfortable situation, for some reason that still no clear to me , someone during the day had access to the away dressing room and done something terrible, trying to upset everyone related to Palace. To say it in clear English, someone had a ‘poo’ all outside the toilets, over and around the toilets.

Now, after careful consideration, and even after a meeting with the Chairman who assured me that MY REPUTATION IS INTACT, I feel that I must express my anger that anyone inside this organisation thought they could interfere with it.

I am angry that someone within this club could endanger our good reputation and stoop so low - did they imagine that this would affect the Crystal Palace players - well it possible did - it may just have fired them up even more.

Well someone made a very bad decision and I think it is time to stand up and take responsibility - not just the culprit but those employees who are supposed to make our stadium safe and secure. Surely changing rooms are high up on securities check lists???

Surely someone should lose their job to allow such a breach of security - they do not deserve to be part of this club!...

2)...would someone like to admit it was their idea to hand out stupid pieces of noise-making paper - can I tell you it was an extremely silly idea and the result was an annoying noise - I am not for one minute blaming the result of the game on this, but it added only negative vibes to the proceedings along with the rubbish filled balloons that littered the pitch.

My team of players and staff have worked hard this season and I do not appreciate negative actions from others within the club...whoever you are, you let the club down very badly.

Gus Poyet'

Vincente maybe Alpha? He's ex Spain and doesn't play for them anymore so free to have a pop.

Ah cheers.

Yeah, I just googled Vicente criticises Poyet and straight away and it was him.

Getting hammered isn't he Poyet. Seen Brighton fans laying into him too. I thought he'd done well by them.

Archived