Hughes

Goal of the season

Bryson vs Florest

Performance of the season

Watford at home

Most disappointing player of the season

Conor Sammon

Most disastrous performance of the season

Florest at home. Missed a great opportunity for a second successive league double during their poor period under McLeish.

And finally...

Favourite moment of the season

Winning at the sh*tty ground again. That never gets old!

Player of the season

Keogh

Young Player of the season

Hughes

Goal of the season

Tyson vs Barnsley

Watford at home

O'Connor

Peterborough away really annoyed me.

And finally...

Buxton's celebration at Leeds :)

Player of the year

Jake Buxton - I think he has been better than Keogh this season, for me anyway - never seems to let us down, and nothing but his absolute all gets put into games.

Young Player of the year

Will Hughes - The kids on another level.

Goal of the season
Jeff Hendrick against Boro - Smasher.

So many to pick from, I will go with Leeds at Home, or Watford - perhaps even Boro at home.. I don't know.

Disappointing player of the season

I've seen a lot of poor calls, because it's certainly got to be Frank Fielding who has dropped massively from his impressive first season.

Favourite Moment of the season
Beating the Red-Dogs on their own turf, it's always good for a celebration! 

Player of the season

Jeff Hendrick

Hughes

Goal of the season

Brayford vs Blackpool.

Blackpool at home. Some good goals in that game.

Conor Sammon. So an easy choice. The man is bloody awful. What a waste of  £2m.

Crystal Palace away. Buxton and Roberts were clowns that day.

Final whistle at Pride Park after Millwall match.

Player of the season

Keogh

Will Hughes

Goal of the season

Tyson v whoever it was

Leeds at home

Sammon, robinson,

Anything away

And finally...

Ben davies goal v leeds

Player of the season
Hendrick

Will Hughes

Goal of the season
Ben Davies v Leeds

Leeds at home

for me, Keogh. I expected real leadership. I expected nothing from Sammon so am not disappointed.

The two games v Sheffield Wednesday left me wounded

It ending.

This for me really highlights the problems we have as a set of fans... How can anyone count Sammon as dissapointing if you've been slagging him off all season?!?!? If he's as rubbish as you've all been saying since day 1 then surely a goal return in line with Cardiff's top scorer and 2 international caps is a relatively good season?

Anyway, just cos I want to add in my own grumbles:

Player of the season

SAMMON - The final game of the season pretty much confirmed to me that we're a better team when he's on the pitch

Or if I wasn't so angry at some of you right now ("why I outta... grumble gumble)" it would more realistically be Hendrick - He's come on leaps and bounds for me this season.

Hughes - Just yeh...

Goal of the season

Tyson vs Barnsley

Watford at home

Theo - I've been waiting for 3 years for him to improve. Kept telling people "you can teach a guy to trap a ball" - Apparantly you can't...

Palace away - Got thoroughly owned

Everything that St Bucko does/says/is all season

This for me really highlights the problems we have as a set of fans... How can anyone count Sammon as dissapointing if you've been slagging him off all season?!?!? If he's as rubbish as you've all been saying since day 1 then surely a goal return in line with Cardiff's top scorer and 2 international caps is a relatively good season?

Theo - I've been waiting for 3 years for him to improve. Kept telling people "you can teach a guy to trap a ball" - Apparantly you can't...

So you have a go at Derby fans for having a go at Sammon.....and then highlight Theo as your most disappointing player, someone who scored also had the same return as Cardiff's top scorer, also got an international cap, You also said that for 3 years you were waiting for him to trap a ball, so if you thought he was rubbish from day 1 why is it ok for you and not others :-)

So you have a go at Derby fans for having a go at Sammon.....and then highlight Theo as your most disappointing player, someone who scored also had the same return as Cardiff's top scorer, also got an international cap, You also said that for 3 years you were waiting for him to trap a ball, so if you thought he was rubbish from day 1 why is it ok for you and not others :-)

Yes...

I've defended Theo for 2 years having, oh wait, GIVEN HIM A CHANCE... which none of the Sammon-bashers have yet...

And yes, I thought after this amount of time that Theo might be able to trap a ball... so it's annoying that he still can't...

Yes...

I've defended Theo for 2 years having, oh wait, GIVEN HIM A CHANCE... which none of the Sammon-bashers have yet...

And yes, I thought after this amount of time that Theo might be able to trap a ball... so it's annoying that he still can't...

Both Sammon and Theo have started the same number of games in a Derby shirt, so I would say that people have every right to label Sammon as the biggest disapointment this season.

He was brought in on a big fee (for us), and we were informed he was our number one target who would score goals, he finished the season on the bench, (which NC picks the team, not the "sammon bashers"), so although you may not agree with it, I dont see it highlighting the problem we have with fans.

Maybe next year he will be player of the season, but I have to agree he is my disapointment of the season, 40+ games for me is enough to judge that IMO.

Anyway, just cos I want to add in my own grumbles:

Player of the season

SAMMON - The final game of the season pretty much confirmed to me that we're a better team when he's on the pitch

Or if I wasn't so angry at some of you right now ("why I outta... grumble gumble)" it would more realistically be Hendrick - He's come on leaps and bounds for me this season.

Hughes - Just yeh...

Goal of the season

Tyson vs Barnsley

Watford at home

Palace away - Got thoroughly owned

Everything that St Bucko does/says/is all season

I can almost agree with the point I highlighted red, in fact I say in my comment before it that I didn't expect much so am not too disappointed, but your reasoning for selecting him as player of the season (highlighted a nice pink) shows you're probably quite short-termist and have tunnel-vision! There are plenty of players we've missed in their absence. Think you've gone OTT here for a bit of an argument. Or you're very easily pleased and see football one-dimensionally.

Think you've gone OTT here for a bit of an argument.

Really? You think?!?!?!? Next time I'm being sardonic would you like me to highlight it in big neon letters?

Both Sammon and Theo have started the same number of games in a Derby shirt, so I would say that people have every right to label Sammon as the biggest disapointment this season.

If they've both started the same number of games that shows Theo isn't goos enough... It's taken him 3 seasons to amass the same number of game right?

He was brought in on a big fee (for us)

Yes... but we don't pay big fees... He cost less than that shaggy dog they have up top at Brighton...

we were informed he was our number one target who would score goals,

No we weren't... in fact Nigel specifically said when he first joined that he wasn't going to be our main goalscorer... We were told all along that he was there to improve the team... It's fans who have assumed the rest...

he finished the season on the bench

One game

40+ games for me is enough to judge that IMO.

You're judging him on a single season... I'm just saying give him the same chance you seem to have given Theo...

If they've both started the same number of games that shows Theo isn't goos enough... It's taken him 3 seasons to amass the same number of game right?

Indeed, its enough games though to judge Sammon on though for last season though....yes ?

Yes... but we don't pay big fees... He cost less than that shaggy dog they have up top at Brighton...

What has he got to do with Derby ? 1.2M is a big fee, but we could agrue all day on that

No we weren't... in fact Nigel specifically said when he first joined that he wasn't going to be our main goalscorer... We were told all along that he was there to improve the team... It's fans who have assumed the rest...

“Having tracked him closely at Kilmarnock and, as everyone knows, been so close to bringing him in 18 months ago, we’ve monitored his progress at Wigan in the Premier League and we know he is capable of finding the back of the net.

“He is going to be a key player for us and when he plays regularly, we know he can score goals.

I can see why it was assumed....

One game

thought he also was bench against Barnsley and someone else ?

You're judging him on a single season... I'm just saying give him the same chance you seem to have given Theo...

I dont rate Theo and never have done, my point was that Sammon has been disapointing this season IMO, this does not make anyone bad fans for thinking it, just that I hoped for a top champ player, but he turned in some dire, some average, and a couple of good performances, within 42 starts for us.  Whilst he puts on a Rams shirt Im all for giving any players a chance, doesnt mean I have to say after watching them I thought they were something they are werent.

sorry didnt know how to do the fancy quote thing :-)

3 times as many posts as him/her and you don't even know how to do that?!?! pfft....

I'm not the brightest....what more can I say!

3 times as many posts as him/her and you don't even know how to do that?!?! pfft....

Be fair.

Smoking only stunts your growth, whereas living in Leeds stunts your brain.

sorry didnt know how to do the fancy quote thing :-)

He needs time, not just games... Doesn't matter whether you're playing every game or no games players need days/weeks/months to improve... So my main gripe with the Sammon-bashers is that they have given people like Theo that time but haven't afforded Sammon the same luxury...

£1.2 million is peanuts... If Mackail-Smith costs £2+ million then that is the going rate for perfectly average strikers... Anything below that is a bargain... (and please don't quote Adam LeFondre or someone like that... Yes, occasionally people get lucky and pick up a goalscorer for next to nothing... but it's the exception rather than the rule...)

"We know he can find the back of the net" and "we know he can score goals" are not "He's gonna score more than Messi this season" - He HAS found the back of the net and he HAS scored goals... There were also plenty of quotes from Nigel stating that he WASN'T going to be a 20 goal a season striker...

He needs time, not just games... Doesn't matter whether you're playing every game or no games players need days/weeks/months to improve... So my main gripe with the Sammon-bashers is that they have given people like Theo that time but haven't afforded Sammon the same luxury...

£1.2 million is peanuts... If Mackail-Smith costs £2+ million then that is the going rate for perfectly average strikers... Anything below that is a bargain... (and please don't quote Adam LeFondre or someone like that... Yes, occasionally people get lucky and pick up a goalscorer for next to nothing... but it's the exception rather than the rule...)

"We know he can find the back of the net" and "we know he can score goals" are not "He's gonna score more than Messi this season" - He HAS found the back of the net and he HAS scored goals... There were also plenty of quotes from Nigel stating that he WASN'T going to be a 20 goal a season striker...

He has had a season, that's a third of his contract, it's not like he has come from brazil or somewhere? What does he need over a year for, to get used to the language barrier ? Climate change ?

As for this quote, was it before we signed him or after, I've looked for it and can't find it, and given he is not even a 10 goal a season striker is 1.2m still a bargain?

Archived