Blackpool v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from a day and a half in Blackpool.

Pros:

Will Hughes gives us an extra dimension

Ben Davies did excellently and changed the game

The travelodge being right opposite the ground

Blackpool being taken over by derby fans

We had a brilliant morning at the pleasure beach

Superb vocal support and atmosphere, best in ages

Cons:

Gave away the ball constantly

Woeful first half

Nothing again up front despite starting with three strikers

Shabby defending for both goals

Travelodge have very uncomfortable beds

Overall we probably deserved a point but they missed a peno, had two cleared off the line and hit the bar, so they will argue they deserved a win.

A poor game overall on an appalling pitch which knackered any chance of playing a passing game. If we had scored again in a 5 minute period after we equalised when we were battering them we prob would have won, but they finished very strongly and you could see the goal coming.

League 1 ground as well, really small.

Overall though, a cracking day.

I count 3 - Sammon v Cardiff, Ward v Bristol and Martin v Peterborough.

Ward wasn't playing as a forward or striker in that game, Martin and Sammon were. Just had a look and we have played 9 games since Cardiff and it's just one since then. 

Ward wasn't playing as a forward or striker in that game, Martin and Sammon were. Just had a look and we have played 9 games since Cardiff and it's just one since then.

Yeah but you said 1 in ten - which includes the Cardiff game

Ward was playing the forward role against Bristol I thought.

Yeah but you said 1 in ten - which includes the Cardiff game

Ward was playing the forward role against Bristol I thought.

I'm not having ago, when I made the comment I was asking a question and since your comment I had a look. I'm surprised their is not more concern. 1 goal in around 940-960 minutes since the Cardiff game from our front man/men. 

We haven't scored enough away and conceded too many goals away simples. (at poor times in the game as well)

Sammon scoring 1 goal in the last 21 games of the season hasn't helped. 

Home form is the real positive, if we can replicate the same home form next season and then add the experience required to dictate games away from home I think we have a good chance. Oh and drop Sammon after 4 or 5 games next season when we realise that Martin, Ward, New ST, New ST are all better than him

I'm not having ago, when I made the comment I was asking a question and since your comment I had a look. I'm surprised their is not more concern. 1 goal in around 940-960 minutes since the Cardiff game from our front man/men.

There have been concerns raised - hence the calls for a new striker.

However getting goals from elsewhere gas meant that points keep coming our way and masking the situation

So we have had our worst year away from home for years yet we have always been in the games? We have not been anywhere near good enough as the points prove. We have had more of the ball but look like conceding and done take our chances. So basically the defence isn't good enough and neither are the forwards. The new buzz is experience is going to make all the difference, seasons before its been youth is ten only way forward

Traveled up early on a Saturday. Every pub from central pier to the ground seemed to be full of Derby, great atmosphere in the Manchester.

Poor performance overall, pitch didn't help but Blackpool deserved the win. Great atmosphere though, mental celebrations for our goal and around 5 failed smokebombs  :lol:, whoever bought those needs to ask for their money back. 

Overall; standard away performance, incredible away day, and i can't see us playing there on a Saturday again for a long time. 

Traveled up early on a Saturday. Every pub from central pier to the ground seemed to be full of Derby, great atmosphere in the Manchester.

Poor performance overall, pitch didn't help but Blackpool deserved the win. Great atmosphere though, mental celebrations for our goal and around 5 failed smokebombs  :lol:, whoever bought those needs to ask for their money back. 

Overall; standard away performance, incredible away day, and i can't see us playing there on a Saturday again for a long time. 

Bournemouth next season!

Well I've just got  home, been at the Pleasure Beach - not very pleasurable for me but hey ho. 

Firstly, what a crap ground, we laugh at Forests pink seats but in the stand opposite us, the seats were what i would call 'light apricot' - we couldn't get a drink near the ground, one pub for away fans was doing ten out, ten in - another was doing one out one in - which is fine, but if you are a family of four and have two teenagers how does that work - anyway, one bouncer on the door said they sell beer at the ground, so off we trotted at 10 past 2......... :angry:  Thanks pal - Hinge and Bracket behind the counter nearly wet themselves when we asked if they sold beer.  Just a pie, a hotdog or a packet of crisps, not even a beefburger.  One woman had her little bottle of perfume taken off her, can't be too careful.  I heard the stewards saying inflatables were banned, but the clever Derby fans didn't blow them up till they got in the ground - fooled ya. :rolleyes:

The match was a scrappy affair, the pitch being a bit crap, looked like a lot of sand with a bit of grass placed on top, the ball bobbled a lot.  In hindsight, Sammon should have come off earlier praps, Bavies looked glad to get on and gave it his all - he looked ecstatic to have scored bless him - so were we tbh.  The linesman and ref were a bit dodgy and we got some crap decisions against us.  Nobody likes a 90th minute winner.

I did hear that the pubs shut about half ten last night as some Derby fans were going a bit mental - can't see them making it any more of a ***** hole than it already is, how anyone noticed I don't know  - I haven't been to Blackpool for some years, I won't be rushing back either but the sun shone on us and the atmosphere was brill, even completely sober, still lost my voice.

Good for you, did you go to the Pleasure Beach, have they still got that ride called Passage de Terror sic there? Last time I went there were building the sea defences which gave the promenade an even more picturesque look, have thoughts that it wasn't to keep sea out but to stop people leaving after they realised what a poo-hole the place was

Archived