Blackpool v Derby County

CumbrianRam

Well I've just got  home, been at the Pleasure Beach - not very pleasurable for me but hey ho. 

Firstly, what a crap ground, we laugh at Forests pink seats but in the stand opposite us, the seats were what i would call 'light apricot' - we couldn't get a drink near the ground, one pub for away fans was doing ten out, ten in - another was doing one out one in - which is fine, but if you are a family of four and have two teenagers how does that work - anyway, one bouncer on the door said they sell beer at the ground, so off we trotted at 10 past 2......... :angry:  Thanks pal - Hinge and Bracket behind the counter nearly wet themselves when we asked if they sold beer.  Just a pie, a hotdog or a packet of crisps, not even a beefburger.  One woman had her little bottle of perfume taken off her, can't be too careful.  I heard the stewards saying inflatables were banned, but the clever Derby fans didn't blow them up till they got in the ground - fooled ya. :rolleyes:

The match was a scrappy affair, the pitch being a bit crap, looked like a lot of sand with a bit of grass placed on top, the ball bobbled a lot.  In hindsight, Sammon should have come off earlier praps, Bavies looked glad to get on and gave it his all - he looked ecstatic to have scored bless him - so were we tbh.  The linesman and ref were a bit dodgy and we got some crap decisions against us.  Nobody likes a 90th minute winner.

I did hear that the pubs shut about half ten last night as some Derby fans were going a bit mental - can't see them making it any more of a ***** hole than it already is, how anyone noticed I don't know  - I haven't been to Blackpool for some years, I won't be rushing back either but the sun shone on us and the atmosphere was brill, even completely sober, still lost my voice.

love that angry face at no beer - exactly the same happened to us. I was gasping for a pint grrrr. I can't think of a more inhospitable ground/locale for away fans anywhere in the country. Think the nearest beer you can get on matchday is in Fleetwood.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the game on Rams Player.

The pitch looked diabolical. I have seen better standards when playing for my under 18 side. 

Anyway its the same for both teams and we just didnt adapt to it as well.

Hughes and Martin were really good at actually trying to play football, Ward really struggled and as for Sammon well he cant control it anyway so it didnt make much difference. 

Ref was rubbish as per. 

Deserved a point but again conceded at another poor time. 

Did the pitch make a difference,how can a professional player be expected to play on sand,it should be grass,if Blackpool can't improve there pitch,or others with the same bad surface,they should be made to pay by a points docking process,I know we probably had one of the worst pitches at the Baseball ground but times have changed,come on green keepers,lets have a decent playing surface

The pitch looked diabolical. I have seen better standards when playing for my under 18 side. 

Anyway its the same for both teams and we just didnt adapt to it as well.

On Radio Derby all I heard first half was Roger Davies moaning that we were trying to pass the ball which was suicide instead of knocking it long as he put it.....there has to be some credence in his comments, just reinforces what I think about Clough and his inability or unwillingness to adapt his team/tactics/formation to different situations, he would have known that the pitch was like a beach before the game but still insisted on trying to play a passing game, bizarre.

Archived