Hughes - 12

Bryson - 9

Buxton - 6

Brayford - 4

Legzdins - 2

Doyle - 1

Davies - 1

Wtf?

Hendrick was missing before Christmas. Ward has been injured. Coutts and Sammon!! The fact their ability is debated so much shows they haven't been consistently the best.

Brayford with less than those? Whenever he's played his performances have been mostly 8/10s. The fact he's the centre of transfer gossip again shows he's brilliant for us.

Keogh I don't agree with but I can understand. That Facebook is a load of ********? Radio fans?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wtf?

Hendrick was missing before Christmas. Ward has been injured. Coutts and Sammon!! The fact their ability is debated so much shows they haven't been consistently the best.

Brayford with less than those? Whenever he's played his performances have been mostly 8/10s. The fact he's the centre of transfer gossip again shows he's brilliant for us.

Keogh I don't agree with but I can understand. That Facebook is a load of ********? Radio fans?

Wasn't Brayford injured for a huge chunk of this season? I'd say probably out longer than the time Hendrick was "missing". I'd say many of our players have been missing. Keogh has been missing headers!

Wasn't Brayford injured for a huge chunk of this season? I'd say probably out longer than the time Hendrick was "missing". I'd say many of our players have been missing. Keogh has been missing headers!

Brayford has made 38 starts in the league this season out of 44. Wouldnt say thats a huge chunk?

Although I agree Hendrick had an average start, 6 or 7 poor games, but hes been the best player since then.

Brayford has made 38 starts in the league this season out of 44. Wouldnt say thats a huge chunk?

Although I agree Hendrick had an average start, 6 or 7 poor games, but hes been the best player since then.

Agree, It has to be Hendrick for my POTY.

He made a bad sart but soon bucked up his ideas and has towed the line. He has been better in CM than Bryson was last year IMO.

Agree, It has to be Hendrick for my POTY.

He made a bad sart but soon bucked up his ideas and has towed the line. He has been better in CM than Bryson was last year IMO.

Sadly people only remember the last few games which have been good team performances. Keogh has looked better than he is, playing with some poor defenders.

Another season in the middle of the table just says to me that the whole team has been average. To be honest the only outstanding performer has been Will Hughes. When he plays we look completely different.

some people choose 'consistency', I however will choose 'effect'. For me, only two players are in the running, and of those, injury has ruled out me awarding it to Jamie Ward, sadly.

I cannot go for Keogh, he's the choice of the uneducated. Yes maybe consistent, but not consistently good. He has been at fault for many goals and has affected us in a negative way. I cannot fault his commitment.

Player of the season for me is Jeff Hendrick. He has carried us many times, helped us secure points and shown a level of maturity way beyond his years. He had 3 or 4 anonymous games, but in such a poor team, that can be forgiven.

I think the player of the season award highlights pretty much exactly why we haven't been able to sustain a challenge for the top six from the players side of things.

No-one really sticks out as having a consistently great season. Some players have played fantastically in spells, others have been consistently okay but no-one has been great across the whole season.

Keogh has been consistently there and is as committed as anyone at the club, not sure he's played at a high level often enough to warrant player of the season. I imagine he will win though, great attitude and will get merit for playing every minute.

Similarly Sammon has given everything and has had the odd stand out game but for me giving your all for the whole season should only get you so far and doesn't warrant player of the season alone.

Hendrick has played his best when the side has been playing poorly as a whole but carrying a side playing badly is no mean feat for a young lad. Some of his performances have shown real class.

Brayford was great with Coutts at the start of the season, stuttered a bit in the spring and hasn't been at the level he reached a couple of years ago.

Ward has been critical to us when he's been fit and has picked up points for us without a doubt. Injured too often.

Hughes was vital to our success before Christmas and we lost a hell of a lot of rhythm when he's been out. Dipped in form before he got injured though, young player of the year though surely?

Others like Bucko, Bryson and Lego have been okay enough.

All in all, it's a tough decision but I think Hendrick just shades it for me.

I think the player of the season award highlights pretty much exactly why we haven't been able to sustain a challenge for the top six from the players side of things.

No-one really sticks out as having a consistently great season. Some players have played fantastically in spells, others have been consistently okay but no-one has been great across the whole season.

Keogh has been consistently there and is as committed as anyone at the club, not sure he's played at a high level often enough to warrant player of the season. I imagine he will win though, great attitude and will get merit for playing every minute.

Similarly Sammon has given everything and has had the odd stand out game but for me giving your all for the whole season should only get you so far and doesn't warrant player of the season alone.

Hendrick has played his best when the side has been playing poorly as a whole but carrying a side playing badly is no mean feat for a young lad. Some of his performances have shown real class.

Brayford was great with Coutts at the start of the season, stuttered a bit in the spring and hasn't been at the level he reached a couple of years ago.

Ward has been critical to us when he's been fit and has picked up points for us without a doubt. Injured too often.

Hughes was vital to our success before Christmas and we lost a hell of a lot of rhythm when he's been out. Dipped in form before he got injured though, young player of the year though surely?

Others like Bucko, Bryson and Lego have been okay enough.

All in all, it's a tough decision but I think Hendrick just shades it for me.

Precisely. All the players in the team this year have been at some point been performing to  top 6 standard. 

The Sammon debate as to whether he has every performed at a top 6 striker standard will go on forever, 

Even players you wouldn't expect like Buxton who has been in my eyes equal maybe better than Keogh. 

If they all performed consistently every week we would be right up there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived