Einstein thinks people renewing ST's are insane

WilkoRam

Interesting theory,Ambitious,though I don't immediately see the logic? (unless summer signings really do excite).

7% of people didn't renew, I think we will be looking at 10-15% new season ticket holders, might be a bit ambitious :ph34r: but hopefully after this top 10 finish, and a lot of promise shown - with new signings through the door. I don't see why not, I think next season is the most optimistic I have been since we actually was promoted under Davies! 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is too, maybe the club expected it to be less?

I dunno how many 'new' fans buy season tickets each season but I'll be getting one in the next couple of days, my first season ticket in nearly a decade (doesn't feel like it) I'll have to miss a few because of work but sod it.

Insane.

Why get a season ticket? For the same reason people take drugs, have sex, get drunk, go shopping, eat nice food, gamble, smoke day after day, week after week, year after year.

They enjoy it.

Shopping? Couldn't think of anything worse.

7% of people didn't renew, I think we will be looking at 10-15% new season ticket holders, might be a bit ambitious :ph34r: but hopefully after this top 10 finish, and a lot of promise shown - with new signings through the door. I don't see why not, I think next season is the most optimistic I have been since we actually was promoted under Davies! 

Just to match last season we have to claw back the 7% deficit and then match the post 'Early Birds' -quite a big ask.To improve on this you have to persuade the non renewers that things will be a lot different this year and then excite potential new fans with decent signings.I hope you're right,as it's in non of our interests to see dwindling numbers. 

Just to match last season we have to claw back the 7% deficit and then match the post 'Early Birds' -quite a big ask.To improve on this you have to persuade the non renewers that things will be a lot different this year and then excite potential new fans with decent signings.I hope you're right,as it's in non of our interests to see dwindling numbers. 

7% of season tickets didn't renew is from all season ticket holders, right? 

so 10-15% newbies would mean 3-8% increase on season ticket holders overall, I think a big signing around july time would help a lot, losing a key player without a replacement with one foot in the door, only sets off panic (see Shackell) I think the board need to be coy about how they do things this summer, but I think it's not difficult to entice people back, we're probably at about 20% of our fan base with season tickets.. shouldn't be hard to improve them numbers!

7% of season tickets didn't renew is from all season ticket holders, right? 

so 10-15% newbies would mean 3-8% increase on season ticket holders overall, I think a big signing around july time would help a lot, losing a key player without a replacement with one foot in the door, only sets off panic (see Shackell) I think the board need to be coy about how they do things this summer, but I think it's not difficult to entice people back, we're probably at about 20% of our fan base with season tickets.. shouldn't be hard to improve them numbers!

Unless I've badly misread something,the 7% shortfall pitches the figure for this coming season's EBs against the equivalent figure for last.For your own interpretation to be correct,then the total S/Ts sold for the season just finished would have to equate to the EBs sold so far multiplied by 100 and then divided by 93 (and that can't be right).

Surely the sums should be split into 2 parts, the number of people whom renewed their season tickets and the number of people last year whom bought season tickets for the first time. If we are already 7% down on renewals then logic would suggest we would also be 7% down on people buying season tickets for the first time this year compared to last, I know is a gross assumption. Can't see how the number of people buying season tickets for the first time this year will match and then outstrip last years to make up this 7% deficit if people are already deciding that enough is enough.

On that basis,you'd really have to split it into 3 parts because there'll be existing S/T holders that might have availed of EB,but preferred to wait and see what the signings were like before renewing (or didn't have the cash,even for instalments,at the time).Whatever,I think the final number will be a product of the quality (or otherwise) of signings.My gut feeling is that the final number will be well down.As for the overall income comparison,there are far too many variables.Although there've been substantial price increases in some sectors,logic might suggest that these sectors would provide a larger proportion of 'casualties'.Then you've the impact of the cheaper tickets to factor in-was there a large migration from the pricier seats to these?

Although there've been substantial price increases in some sectors,logic might suggest that these sectors would provide a larger proportion of 'casualties'.Then you've the impact of the cheaper tickets to factor in-was there a large migration from the pricier seats to these?

If, as reported elsewhere on here, sales of the new South stand seats have gone well then there will have been a substantial migration from more expensive seats. But that could have three advantages; someone renews when they otherwise wouldn't have done (on price grounds), someone convinces a friend to buy a seat with them (which they wouldn't normally do on price grounds) and the original seat is freed up for general sale (which may be attractive to someone if it's well placed).

Wouldn't their still be a drop in attendance as their would of been also "newbies" buying season tickets late last season aswell? Meaning we will still be 7% short. assuming the same amount of late tickets are bought. unless a good signing motivates more people it will still be 7% less?

Slightly off topic but, I had to pay 30 extra as they recatorigsed the middle block in my stand, yet anyone buying now its gone back to the orignal cat, anyone know why?

Slightly off topic but, I had to pay 30 extra as they recatorigsed the middle block in my stand, yet anyone buying now its gone back to the orignal cat, anyone know why?

Saw you coming.

Ok he doesn't, he's dead and if he wasn't he probably wouldn't care and if he did he probably wouldn't think they were (all) insane.

But he did say that insanity was doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result. After 4 seasons of this board/manager combo the seasons pan out with scary predictability from starting brightly to faultering and losing our playing style, criticism of individuals, new signings not getting a look in, last seasons signings out on loan and ultimately finishing somewhere in the middle. Yet a bunch of ST holders obviously think that it'll be different next season so they must be insane, right?

My old man won't be renewing this season and when I went up to watch the Ipswich game with him I couldn't blame him and said if I was in a position to get one then I wouldn't. I feel sad for him as he loved to go to the games but he's finding that he's coming away from games disappointed having experienced a boring game with little to enthuse about. He's not negative either, he's the opposite. The amount of times he's told me "it's the best I've seen then play" is amazing but they always come in the first few months of the season and are replaced with "they were rubbish, really poor"

I want a change in the variables for next season so there can be a different outcome, for my old man.

(My old man is my dad, it's not a euphemism)

Back to the original quote from Einstein - I don't expect a different outcome from buying a season ticket. I expect to see 23 home games - phew just realised im not insane

Archived