Einstein thinks people renewing ST's are insane

WilkoRam

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't help thinking that the need for a number of people to keep on bringing up Clough's shortcomings after each game would fit nicely into Mr Einstein's theory.

I think most of us have the message now. If it happens, you'll all have your day. I hope you're wrong. In fact, I'd love it if you're wrong but in the meantime ...UP THE RAMS.

Clough IN or OUT [delete as appropriate]

Einstein is a scientist, as such it wasn't a theory, it was a hypothesis. Please get these things right.

Einstein was also not infallible and in the same way I don't ask my plumber about my lighting, I wouldn't ask Einstein about my football. If however you're going to play argument by authority, you should probably listen to me at this point, as I am I physicist of the 21st century.

Einstein also said God does not play with dice, Clough should listen to these words of wisdom when blames he the outcome of a match on poor refereeing decisions and bad luck

Clough should bear in mind Einstein's erroneous refutation of the implications of quantum theory on the uncertainty implicit in the position and velocity of a particle when reviewing referee performace vis a vis results?

It's a new argument and one I need some time to consider.

I wonder how your point extends in the light of Hegels proposals on free will? Could the referee have any choice in his poor decisions? Did Clough have any choice in the team he picked?  

One to ponder.

Einstein also said God does not play with dice, Clough should listen to these words of wisdom when blames he the outcome of a match on poor refereeing decisions and bad luck

So its part of a grand plan then if itsnot luck. Cloughs got no chance has he if Gods against us.

Can people please remember that people aren't perfect. Einstein was uncommon in that he could fill the roll of a truly great physicist and a popular scientist, but that doesn't make he some kind of prophet. In the same way I wouldn't take Dirac's word as Gospel, nobody should take Einstein's either. The fact he was bold and worked off what he knew at the time should be lauded for it's bravery, not slammed for it's accuracy in terms of what we know know.

In any case, his fudge factor, the Cosmological Constant, has won a Nobel Prize for a few lucky scientists recently.

Keep your hair on, was saying it tongue in cheek. You're not the only physicist on this forum by the way either.

Who else, we could have some interesting off topic discussions.

Also, sorry, I'm not a huge fan of using sources out of context.

Right, 

How to make Derby a definite promotion candidate... answers on a postcard, in some peoples eyes its genuinely getting a manager like Neil Warnock in, in others is spending 4/5million pound on a striker - on most it's getting rid of clough, on others it's getting rid of the the team.. and 90% think we should 'sack the board' as it were and hope that there is a ready made buyer willing to throw money at the problem, and be happy making losses. There are also the fans that believe in the foreign gem, and think if we spent 200k in africa we'd end up with drogba or yaya toure esc players(or mexico for some people) -  There is so many conflicting interests, and points. I mean there are genuinely people who go to games who believe the reason we didn't gain promotion this season was because we didn't play 4-4-2 every game, I mean.. how incredible is that! 

But we can agree everyone has a different plan, and a different scenario for the outcome.

Who else, we could have some interesting off topic discussions.

Also, sorry, I'm not a huge fan of using sources out of context.

I do have an Honours degree in Physics for what little use it has served me in my life so far, should have become an actuary :)

Right, 

How to make Derby a definite promotion candidate... answers on a postcard, in some peoples eyes its genuinely getting a manager like Neil Warnock in, in others is spending 4/5million pound on a striker - on most it's getting rid of clough, on others it's getting rid of the the team.. and 90% think we should 'sack the board' as it were and hope that there is a ready made buyer willing to throw money at the problem, and be happy making losses. There are also the fans that believe in the foreign gem, and think if we spent 200k in africa we'd end up with drogba or yaya toure esc players(or mexico for some people) -  There is so many conflicting interests, and points. I mean there are genuinely people who go to games who believe the reason we didn't gain promotion this season was because we didn't play 4-4-2 every game, I mean.. how incredible is that! 

But we can agree everyone has a different plan, and a different scenario for the outcome.

Get rid of Clough

Get someone in who knows about basic tactics and how to motivate a team and formations

Get a board in whom are willing to spend a fair amount of money, not silly money, but a fair amount of money on a reasonable calibre of player

Get a scout in whom looks further then Nottingham/Burton or Scotland

Get rid of Clough

Get someone in who knows about basic tactics and how to motivate a team and formations

Get a board in whom are willing to spend a fair amount of money, not silly money, but a fair amount of money on a reasonable calibre of player

Easy right? 

but you can't even name these people who know about basic tactics and how to motivate the team and formations

you can't name the people who are going to be willing to spent a fair bit of money

and, you don't know where we scout - Keogh came from neither nottingham, burton or scotland... neither did jacobs, fielding, ward...etc 

I'm willing to listen to names though, I'm not a fan of people asking for myths - basically people who don't exist but support their argument which I believe you are doing now. 

Easy right? 

but you can't even name these people who know about basic tactics and how to motivate the team and formations

you can't name the people who are going to be willing to spent a fair bit of money

and, you don't know where we scout - Keogh came from neither nottingham, burton or scotland... neither did jacobs, fielding, ward...etc 

I'm willing to listen to names though, I'm not a fan of people asking for myths - basically people who don't exist but support their argument which I believe you are doing now. 

Our scouting system is parochial at best, agreed Keogh came from Coventry for example so expanded the Burton/Nottingham limits by a further 40 miles if this adds anything to the argument, ditto Sheffield the same for Ward. Would be refreshing to see us scout players from other European leagues, maybe that's me asking for too much.

Manager's whom have demonstrated that they can get a team playing to a system, well we did have one manager whom got us in to the playoffs exactly like that, not that I'd have him back mind as he is poisonous. Bruce appears to have his side playing to a system, dour as it maybe. Don't think Clough has the mental aptitude to work out what system he should be playing his players too even after 4 years at the helm, our away record tells me that much.

Get rid of Clough

...so...

...Wizards eh?

New Manager: Harry Potter

New Board: Dumblerdore and co.

Ok he doesn't, he's dead and if he wasn't he probably wouldn't care and if he did he probably wouldn't think they were (all) insane.

But he did say that insanity was doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result. After 4 seasons of this board/manager combo the seasons pan out with scary predictability from starting brightly to faultering and losing our playing style, criticism of individuals, new signings not getting a look in, last seasons signings out on loan and ultimately finishing somewhere in the middle. Yet a bunch of ST holders obviously think that it'll be different next season so they must be insane, right?

My old man won't be renewing this season and when I went up to watch the Ipswich game with him I couldn't blame him and said if I was in a position to get one then I wouldn't. I feel sad for him as he loved to go to the games but he's finding that he's coming away from games disappointed having experienced a boring game with little to enthuse about. He's not negative either, he's the opposite. The amount of times he's told me "it's the best I've seen then play" is amazing but they always come in the first few months of the season and are replaced with "they were rubbish, really poor"

I want a change in the variables for next season so there can be a different outcome, for my old man.

(My old man is my dad, it's not a euphemism)

I've now got this mental image of you sat with your 'old man' hanging out of your trousers....and you both discussing the match.

Fortunately i have a very short memory....maybe thats the case with all the season ticket holders too.

Am I really asking for too much?  :mellow:

Yes. You're asking for a board that has stabilised a the club to be replaced, long with the manager. At the very least you have to realise the cost involved in replacing the manager alone.

Am I really asking for too much?  :mellow:

What you are asking for is a perfect combination with no complications. 

The manager thing especially, I think most people agree in most of our games we've been the team that should of walked away with the win. This is the point I made yesterday, if our final ball was a lot better this season - we've performed well enough to win games. 

I point out the last 3 games where we've come away with 1 point, in every single game (well admitted I was at the first and watched it, but we deserved the 3 points) after listening to the unbias reviews of the blackburn game, we was the better team and deserved the 3 points and same yesterday.

I would say tactically we're set up to win games, we're doing well... I would say that our players aren't good enough to carry it over that line, and this makes sense. I just don't think the players are good enough, at all - I think they're put into a system that works well by Clough but when needing that individual extra bit of ability, we lack... Tell me I'm wrong but that's how I see it currently, Clough would be the last person I would want to leave the club. If I thought he was working with players who I thought could be doing better, then yes I would want him gone - but for me, this side we currently have is playing miles above their ability. 

I appreciate that, was just trying to answer Ambitious' question, blue sky thinking. Believe both parties are holding the club back, to take a more positive outlook let's talk about one good reason to change both rather then 50 reasons not to

What you are asking for is a perfect combination with no complications. 

The manager thing especially, I think most people agree in most of our games we've been the team that should of walked away with the win. This is the point I made yesterday, if our final ball was a lot better this season - we've performed well enough to win games. 

I point out the last 3 games where we've come away with 1 point, in every single game (well admitted I was at the first and watched it, but we deserved the 3 points) after listening to the unbias reviews of the blackburn game, we was the better team and deserved the 3 points and same yesterday.

I would say tactically we're set up to win games, we're doing well... I would say that our players aren't good enough to carry it over that line, and this makes sense. I just don't think the players are good enough, at all - I think they're put into a system that works well by Clough but when needing that individual extra bit of ability, we lack... Tell me I'm wrong but that's how I see it currently, Clough would be the last person I would want to leave the club. If I thought he was working with players who I thought could be doing better, then yes I would want him gone - but for me, this side we currently have is playing miles above their ability. 

It was interesting listening to Flitcrofts pre match comments yesterday when he observed that our away record was relatively poor as we didn't have a Plan B. Comments from Clough in the same vein as telling Coutts 41 and a half times that he needs to get into the box more just convinces me to a greater degree that he is struggling to impose some kind of system on his players, or at the very least get them to do his bidding. Maybe I am falling into the trap of thinking that the grass is always greener.

Archived