Einstein thinks people renewing ST's are insane

WilkoRam

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the best football we've played under Clough, IMO. So I think there's been an improvement.

I mentioned in another thread that it is slightly tedious at the moment - it's unfair to expect the players or the manager to acheive promotion without spending some money.

Every year I pray for something different in the Summer - a couple of million on a striker, buying one centre half without having to offload your current first choice - but until something different does come along, the playing staff and management staff are in an impossible position.

So Nigel can find an even bigger duff.

Every year I pray for something different in the Summer - a couple of million on a striker, buying one centre half without having to offload your current first choice - but until something different does come along, the playing staff and management staff are in an impossible position.

I would say CURRENT management staff. I would not mind us to try somenthing new. Someone who who can spend 1m wisely not on bald donkey. Someone who can live with flair players in his team not just headless chickens (Hughes apart). Someone who knows that there are some decent playes abroad e.t.c. I'm not saying it would deffo bring us succes but it would not be that boring like now. We are going nowhere. Clough is not good enough to over achieve with this team and board won't spend. I am bored to death by the current state of this club.

Patience for something has never happened before is borederline insane..

Waiting for NC to build together a team that can challenge for promotion in the football league is like waiting for a cat to grow wings..

Not really, we know he can build slowly and make a promotion winning team on a tight budget. The question is whether he can do it at this level. To be blunt, we won't know if he can repeat what he did at Burton unless we give him those 7 odd full seasons, so I don't think we should discuss that from either side. Instead the question should be about what defines "improvement".

We have what... 3 games left to play. If we can manage to lose only one of the three, we'll have lost less than last season, and I'd honest take that with the way we've been building (on top of the various other improvements). What we need next season, and a true measure of how we can improve is how we play away from home next season. We are certainly scoring more and are overall more positive (despite certain complaints), the stats back this up. The issue is that we are somewhere between poor and awful away from home, and if this can't be improved (and it has been better in the past under Clough) then there may be a decision to be made. At this point in time though, your comparison with a cat growing wings seems odd and ridiculous. That said, I'll be observing my cats with interesting in the coming weeks.

I would say CURRENT management staff. I would not mind us to try somenthing new. Someone who who can spend 1m wisely not on bald donkey. Someone who can live with flair players in his team not just headless chickens (Hughes apart). Someone who knows that there are some decent playes abroad e.t.c. I'm not saying it would deffo bring us succes but it would not be that boring like now. We are going nowhere. Clough is not good enough to over achieve with this team and board won't spend. I am bored to death by the current state of this club.

your name sums up your post nicely :D

Can we afford to give every manager we have 7 seasons? The right manager will need time but this is his 4th full season and personally I see no difference between this season and his first full season. I think the best we've played under Nigel is the Hulse, Commons, Cwyka, Bueno, Bailey, Savage combo and that was a while ago.

A manager needs time but there also needs to be signs that the time is well spent. Next season will be his 5th surely if next season is the same as the past four we can say its not working unless its believed that it will click magically in season 6/7?

If he gets it to work he won't get 7 seasons to make us work in the Prem.

Can we afford to give every manager we have 7 seasons? The right manager will need time but this is his 4th full season and personally I see no difference between this season and his first full season. I think the best we've played under Nigel is the Hulse, Commons, Cwyka, Bueno, Bailey, Savage combo and that was a while ago.

A manager needs time but there also needs to be signs that the time is well spent. Next season will be his 5th surely if next season is the same as the past four we can say its not working unless its believed that it will click magically in season 6/7?

If he gets it to work he won't get 7 seasons to make us work in the Prem.

Less losses, more goals, scored in more games, less players used, younger average effective team on the pitch... need I go on?

I renewed my season ticket because I want to watch my team play at PP and cheer em on. Not because I'm insane.

If anything, by not renewing having been a season ticket holder, you're part of the problem, not part of the solution. Not that I can talk.

I take it by bald donkey you mean Sammon? I didn't know his footballing ability was based on his choice of hairstyle, but there you go.

You're picking one signing that you don't like (PLENTY of other supporters do like him) - whether you like it or not, with a decent amount of money to spend, by and large Clough does well.

If anything, by not renewing having been a season ticket holder, you're part of the problem, not part of the solution. Not that I can talk.

Well the other side of that would be to say that renewing every year no matter what sends the signal that we're all happy and carry on as before. Don't renew and the board have to look at why. Plus we all got into football because we enjoy it now its seen as an expectation that if you had a season ticket you need to renew otherwise you're not a fan.

Well the other side of that would be to say that renewing every year no matter what sends the signal that we're all happy and carry on as before. Don't renew and the board have to look at why. Plus we all got into football because we enjoy it now its seen as an expectation that if you had a season ticket you need to renew otherwise you're not a fan.

If you support the club, it shouldn't matter where we are, how the season has gone, or who we'll play next season. Of course, it's always more complicated than that, but to argue for a lack of renewal by market factors in and of itself is silly, the board are unlikely to see a drop in season ticket sales as a reason to do anything beyond reducing the spending in order to compensate for a loss in season ticket sales.

Again, I can't really talk, but if being midtable in this division is so poor you can't support the club, then I do doubt how much of a "true fan" you truly are, as much as I hate that kind of characterisation.

I feel for you Wilko,

I feel it's the same for most, and really I think Crimson hit the nail on the head all with a little help from Albert. The good times will come back and for a club like ours it's never going to be consistant. A few years of dull times with the odd promotion thrown in, but on the whole mixed times. I've been watching the Rams for thirty years and good and bad has always been the story. I'm afraid the gulf between the Premiership and Championship is huge and investment is always going to be the key. The money that some teams have thrown away trying to get out of the NPC is amazing. Lets potter, be patient and the good times will come round again. My mate follows Belper Town home and away on a life / death situation, and with little support, little money, no cups, no league titles his passion never dies. The fact is that people need to ask themselves the same question I did. What or where would I be on a Saturday at three o'clock if I didn't renew?  

I just don't know

Come on you nearly mighty Rams

But he did say that insanity was doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result.

Can't help thinking that the need for a number of people to keep on bringing up Clough's shortcomings after each game would fit nicely into Mr Einstein's theory.

I think most of us have the message now. If it happens, you'll all have your day. I hope you're wrong. In fact, I'd love it if you're wrong but in the meantime ...UP THE RAMS.

Clough IN or OUT [delete as appropriate]

Archived