It is NOT acceptable to lose.

Mostyn6

Having read Clough's 'backlash' warnings on the Derby website, yet again I find myself dumbfounded and bemused.

Why is it so acceptable to lose? Not only have we heard things like "well at least we didn't get beat by four or five goals... it was only 1-nil!" and other petulant things, we're now reading that Barnsley will react to defeat cos teams don't lose two at home on the spin!

I've literally banged my head on my desk repeatedly at just how out of touch this baffoon is with motivation and media management.

Thank god I'm not going tonight.

I hope this is my anger talking but for the first time in Clough's reign, I want us to get beat tonight. I want us to lose and lose badly. I want the fans to finally turn and the clueless amateur to walk away and let someone professional and not outdated to come and get the best from our underperforming players.

In the past, people have accused me of being happy when Derby have lost so I can have a go at Clough, or on the rare occasions we win, I've seen comments like "I bet you're well unhappy we won".. which in four years, have been way off the mark.

I said only yesterday that I'd rather Clough be succesful, but I think today, reading his comments, I've really and truly cracked.

Clough, for the love of Derby County... walk away, and take your mates with you.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having read Clough's 'backlash' warnings on the Derby website, yet again I find myself dumbfounded and bemused.

Why is it so acceptable to lose? Not only have we heard things like "well at least we didn't get beat by four or five goals... it was only 1-nil!" and other petulant things, we're now reading that Barnsley will react to defeat cos teams don't lose two at home on the spin!

I've literally banged my head on my desk repeatedly at just how out of touch this baffoon is with motivation and media management.

I hope this is my anger talking but for the first time in Clough's reign, I want us to get beat tonight. I want us to lose and lose badly. I want the fans to finally turn and the clueless amateur to walk away and let someone professional and not outdated to come and get the best from our underperforming players.

In the past, people have accused me of being happy when Derby have lost so I can have a go at Clough, or on the rare occasions we win, I've seen comments like "I bet you're well unhappy we won".. which in four years, have been way off the mark.

I said only yesterday that I'd rather Clough be succesful, but I think today, reading his comments, I've really and truly cracked.

Clough, for the love of Derby County... walk away, and take your mates with you.

Get a grip man. Have you read what you've just written?

I've just read the article on the web site...not a clue what you're on about.

Seriously, I think you should get some therapy.

Looking back, im glad Nigel came as i think he has done well with hiw little he had with wages etc. I think he has made us stable, a mid-table championship club. But sadly i think he can take us any further. Hes. made us stable and im grateful for that, but i think its time for him to move on.

SuperSheep - I believe he was talking abt mostyn not going.

& looking at your pic shouldnt it be SuperRam not SuperSheep.

T'was about to point out the same, and report it for being obscene! Though to be fair, that's how we all feel when Derby win! 

Championship clubs don't need stability.. What good is stability and midtable finishes.. They just rack up debts

We need promotion pushes.. I'd love to be in Forest's position.. With all their instability over the past 5 years and manager swapping some idiots thought they were the laughing stock of English football..

No.. They have promotion aspects

Derby County are the laughing stocks of English football.. Happy to be midtable in the NPC every season.. Only one team is worse than us in this aspect and that's Coventry City

They mayaswell just merge clubs.. Why have 2 of them?

Anger talking me thinks. What I don't get is that you say it's not acceptable to lose then you go and say I hope we lose wtf? And what kind of fan hopes the team they support loses??

I'M NOT PAID TO WIN FOOTBALL MATCHES.

I'M NOT TAKING HARD EARNED MONEY OUT OF THE POCKETS OF LOYAL FANS AND THEN ROLLING OVER AND ADMITTING DEFEAT WITHOUT EVEN TRYING

CLOUGH OUT.

Archived