Looks Like Hughes will be here next season

Antonedcfc

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did he say who hendricks going to for 8m?

I think he just said if a bid did come in for 8 million it would be accepted. 

Rumours last year were Aston Villa, Fulham and other lower end prem teams. 

Personally I dont think he is worth 5 million let alone 8. 

I would accept 4 million. 

Also he is only 21 a 8 million pound!!! move would be scary and intimidating for jeff, having just come out of academy football 2 years ago. 

Got to agree with you there Shabash, if Hendricks worth £8 million, Hughes is worth £20 million!

I wouldn't pay a penny over £2.5 million for him.

Derby fans over price their own players so much.

Given the current contract situation Brayford could be bought in the summer for 1 million. When most are saying Cardiff need to bid 2.5 million.

Derby fans over price their own players so much.

Given the current contract situation Brayford could be bought in the summer for 1 million. When most are saying Cardiff need to bid 2.5 million.

only because were used to selling our players for pennies, trying to hype them up to get the price up.

I'm happy to stock my neck on the line here, right or wrong I'll still be around. I said earlier he'll be in the PL at 23. Means we've got him for another 18 months max UNLESS we go up.

Jeff WILL make it in the PL, he's barely a kid and yet he's already starting to stamp a bit of authority on games.

He's got the lot. He's really come on physically in the second half of the season and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him command close to 5m EVEN NOW.

He will be on the radar of PL clubs for sure.

only because were used to selling our players for pennies, trying to hype them up to get the price up.

Name a single player (apart from Commons - he was never going to sign a new contract) sold for below his value since the Amigos were here. 

Hulse.

6 months before he was worth 4.5 mil then he went for 1 mil max

4.5 million? You have got to be joking - that's almost on a par with Dean Sturridge supposedly going to be sold to Arsenal for 7 million. And he did what after he was sold? He went backwards very rapidly.

If I remember rightly we accepted the 4m bid from boro only for Hulse to turn it down.

In one way it was a crying shame we didnt cash in but at the time I also remember we desperately needed Rob Hulse to stay around, at that point without him we might well have gone out of the league.

I seem to remember the players clapped him onto the coach after he'd turned the move down and said he'd prefer to stay and fight for Derby.

Boro bidding 4m for him, doesn't necessarily mean he was worth 4m to anyone else. At the time Strachan was desperate for a target man and Hulse fit the bill.

We sold him for a guestimated 750k when he was injured. He went to QPR and was out for almost 6 months I think?

Hardly peanuts for a player who wouldn't have played 15 games for us the following season.

4.5 million? You have got to be joking - that's almost on a par with Dean Sturridge supposedly going to be sold to Arsenal for 7 million. And he did what after he was sold? He went backwards very rapidly.

Can't find the link but the bid we accepted from Boro was supposedly £4.5million. He did take a spectacular drop in value.

But a player is only worth what another club is willing to pay.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/BORO-163-3-5M-BID-STRIKER/story-11600425-detail/story.html#axzz2Q4ri2j3a the fee was 3.5 not 4.5 my bad but still, big fee

Dean Sturridge confirmed a couple of years ago that Arsenal rumor was untrue.

Can't find the link but the bid we accepted from Boro was supposedly £4.5million. He did take a spectacular drop in value.

But a player is only worth what another club is willing to pay.

The figure of 4.5 million was a blogosphere figure, pulled out of someone's backside. You know, like they always are. It was reported by Derby County at the time (Adam Pearson interview) that we had not received an official bid by Middlesbrough, whereas the BBC suggested that the bid (if there was one) was around £3m.

A quick internet search 'reveals' figures between 2.5m and 5m. A statement in a North East paper which actually said that Hulse was unable to agree terms with Middlesbrough put the figure at 3 million.

Either way, he crashed and burned when he left Derby - we definitely had the best out of him.

Archived