Looks Like Hughes will be here next season

Antonedcfc

Didn't he go for like 2.5 mil?

Nowhere near.

It was supposed to be around 800k according to 'official' QPR sources.

Since he left Derby, he has scored 5 (FIVE) goals. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The figure of 4.5 million was a blogosphere figure, pulled out of someone's backside. You know, like they always are. It was reported by Derby County at the time (Adam Pearson interview) that we had not received an official bid by Middlesbrough, whereas the BBC suggested that the bid (if there was one) was around £3m.

Ah, fair enough

Ah, fair enough

I think we were all gutted when we thought he was going that August - and equally most of us were 'Meh' when he finally did go.

I think we were all gutted when we thought he was going that August - and equally most of us were 'Meh' when he finally did go.

Weren't you online at the time? It was proclaimed as the beginning of the end by some, and further proof we were being asset stripped apparently.

Weren't you online at the time? It was proclaimed as the beginning of the end by some, and further proof we were being asset stripped apparently.

I'm pretty sure I was, yes. I tend to be online on deadline day - it's a lot of fun watching people masturbate themselves into a frenzy over every incoming player rumour and flagellate themselves into a foaming mass of blood and raw flesh over every outgoing player rumour.

Hulse.

6 months before he was worth 4.5 mil then he went for 1 mil max

6 months? It was a year I think middlesborough came in one august and he went the following august with 1 year of his contract left. The contract kind of explains some of the drop on value

That and he was carrying an injury that meant he wasn't fit for a further 6 or 7 weeks after leaving.

Archived