Alleged Racist Ferdinand Chants

Day

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We would say racism and other forms of discrimination is not always banana throwing and monkey chants. It can be very subtle and the people collating the reports believed it is strong enough to send on to FIFA."

In other words...we have no evidence of actual racist chanting so we going with the guilty until proven innocent angle. *****.

It's come down to this - you cannot criticise anyone or anything because everything is racist. Hell, I've now got to get a new computer because it has black keys - and by pressing them I am symbolically oppressing black people Rio Ferdinand. 

The song itself is pretty harmless, we've all sang it for decades now but its usually to do with teams rather than individuals. Anyway, that's not even relevant, I'd join in if it was about Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini or David Cameron and George Osbourne, but why did they have to bring Anton into it?

Rio fooked off the England fans by not joining the squad and going to an Arab country to commentate instead. I fully understand and accept that he deserves a bit of grief over that.

It just seems a bit wrong that they included Anton in the chant. Is it because he is Rio's brother and therefore somehow responsible for him not joining the squad, or is it because they are still angry over him accusing John Terry of racism?

The two incidents are not related.

England games were not enjoyable a long time ago because of the nazi Chelsea fans who seemed to be the majority in those days, so maybe I'm just being a bit cautious that the racist ********* who used to say, "we only won 2-0 cos we don't count the black players goals" after a 5-0 victory, are still among the England support?

We could do with a version of events from someone who was there to fully understand the feeling behind the chants.

He was lucky that he was around when he was, otherwise Guido the Paedo might have been the chant!

Burn!

(I've been waiting to use that in context for years).

Archived