Context

Albert

Can you make a graph to show how we've fluctuated between mediocre and feckin dire under NC?

It's in the graphs he's already shown if you really wanted to see it.

We've had around 4 periods of 10 game spells in the 4 years while Clough has been in charge where we've got enough points to be considered on play off form. In the cold hard light of day that is not enough to give the clough lovers of the clough cult members like me genuine hope that he is good enough to get us up.

We've had 4 spells of 10 game spells where we've dipped inot relegation form. Certainly in the cold light of day thats not enough to have the clough haters to label him as a muppet or a clown.

We've had about 100 million 10 game spells where we've been on mid table form.

Now can anyone post a graph to measure how totally **** the club was when Clough arrived. When we didn't have a pot to p in and we didnt have any players to sell to raise enough to buy the pot in the first place.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks..

Any chance you can do one for league positions?

I think we'll come out as one of the most consistant teams in the league over the past 2 years.. Ranging from 8th to 15th.

Sure, why not? Below is a plot of our league position against the number of games Nigel has been manager. The blue line represents league position, the green, orange and red lines represent automatic promotion, the playoffs and relegation respectively:

"KqYf8hE" alt="KqYf8hE">

Oh come on! Clean that up at least:

"KxE2Rnx" alt="KxE2Rnx">

I have no idea how valid that is, and I don't think I agree with it, but really? It looks like you put the text in and went: "Better get some colours on this!"

Sure, why not? Below is a plot of our league position against the number of games Nigel has been manager. The blue line represents league position, the green, orange and red lines represent automatic promotion, the playoffs and relegation respectively:

"KqYf8hE" alt="KqYf8hE">

looking at that the general trend is up *slowly) with the odd severe spike and trough

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, here's a graph of average points per game done as a 10 game average over Nigel's management (first 10 games included) with the red dotted line showing the average points per game for relegation with the dotted purple being the playoffs and the green being promotion, these over a whole season of course (the last match is not included in this plot):"jE0jfkP" alt="jE0jfkP">

That IS actually quite interesting (no really).

What leaps out at me is that for every decent spell we have an equally bad spell after it.

When we didn't have a pot to p in and we didnt have any players to sell to raise enough to buy the pot in the first place.

This has been done to death enough times, the finances were pretty much the same as they are now, and he had a few saleable players like Hulse etc., enough to be able to wheel and deal anyway, we might have had more if he hadn't have just cut players adrift and end up paying them off, players hed given contracts to himself.

This has been done to death enough times, the finances were pretty much the same as they are now, and he had a few saleable players like Hulse etc., enough to be able to wheel and deal anyway, we might have had more if he hadn't have just cut players adrift and end up paying them off, players hed given contracts to himself.

When you say the finances were pretty much the same as they are now are you trying to tell me we had a first team squad of around 22 plus fillers a salary bill of 9m with any outgoing transfer funds needing to be self generated?

Is that what you mean by pretty much the same?

Hulse etc?

who exaclty were the etc?

When you say the finances were pretty much the same as they are now are you trying to tell me we had a first team squad of around 22 plus fillers a salary bill of 9m with any outgoing transfer funds needing to be self generated?

Is that what you mean by pretty much the same?

Hulse etc?

who exaclty were the etc?

Tito Villa just under 2m

Varney just under 1m

Nyatanga and Mears 1/2m each

Off the top of me head.

He's had players to sell throughout to improve, there were also players we could have sold who we ended up freezing out and paying off who we could have got a fee for, there were also players who were useless and deserved getting rid of, bit of a mixed bag really.

We know now why Clough struggled with a big squad, he's only got time for those in the starting line up, not that you'd see the wood for the trees, but that's your problem.

Tito Villa just under 2m

Varney just under 1m

Nyatanga and Mears 1/2m each

Off the top of me head.

He's had players to sell throughout to improve, there were also players we could have sold who we ended up freezing out and paying off who we could have got a fee for, there were also players who were useless and deserved getting rid of, bit of a mixed bag really.

We know now why Clough struggled with a big squad, he's only got time for those in the starting line up, not that you'd see the wood for the trees, but that's your problem.

What a joke response.

Can you stick to the points without having a personal dig.

I'm actually here to debate. You made a point about the finances being pretty much the same.  I don't think that's the case. If you can answer without telling me I'm blind please do.

Archived