Looking over our shoulders

DCFCPhoenix

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Derby-county-manager-Nigel-Clough-says-plenty/story-18381708-detail/story.html#axzz2NDLIfz9A

NIGEL Clough says there is still plenty of work to do before Derby County can feel safe in the Championship.

The Rams manager believes his team need possibly another three wins from the final nine games to steer clear of trouble at the wrong end of the table.

Derby County manager Nigel Clough, main picture. Keeper Adam Legzdins is unable to stop the Rams going 3-1 behind against Birmingham City at St Andrew's on Saturday.

He voiced his concern after Saturday's 3-1 defeat by Birmingham City at St Andrew's.

Derby are without a victory in eight matches and have won only once in their last 2 seasons.

They have slipped to 15th and the gap between themselves and the relegation places is down to six points.

They sit second bottom of the current form table but Clough is confident Derby can find the necessary points.

"There is certainly work to be done," he said.

"We have been looking over our shoulder for a while, don't worry about that.

"We have not been looking up too often.

"We've always had one eye on it because in the Championship when you get a few injuries and get on a bad run, it is very difficult.

"Every team is vulnerable until you get to that 50-odd points mark. We have known that for a few weeks and that is why we have been absolutely desperate to reach that mark.

"We have nine games to achieve it. We need another three wins or something like that but we think we will get them."

The Championship is congested. Five points separate 10 clubs from Burnley in 11th to Ipswich Town in 20th.

Derby led Birmingham until the 68th minute thanks to Ben Davies' third goal of the season before substitutes Wes Thomas (2) and Nathan Redmond scored as Birmingham roared back.

The win took Birmingham above Derby in the table.

"We've had tricky runs before and come through them, so we'll do the same now," said Clough, whose team face Leicester City at Pride Park in their next

It really annoys me how Nigel is still spewing out his pathetic excuses as to why we aren't picking up points, especially at this end of the season.

Relegation battle? Discuss

Soon we could only be 3 points off relegation..

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we lose to Leicester there will be worrying and then after our young squad begin to sense the worrying we will lose to Bristol City at home in front of 20,000. Then we will panic! and the fans will start kicking off. 

As always though back to back home wins will calm the nerves. 

I was about to make a new thread about this, but then just posted it in the Clough.

Just does himself no favours what so ever, at a time where everyone could do with a lift he just seems to pile it on even more... we're 15th, forget the points there are 9 teams below us.. we'd have to pretty much not win a game for the rest of the season to get relegated, I don't know if he is milking the situation, or what... What he has purely done is come out into the press and knock moral even further, why couldn't he come out and say - results have been ****, we've not picked up points where we should of done, we have been wasteful infront of goal... but we're still looking UP the table rather than down it, we've been the better side for most of the 8 games we've gone without a win! Just focus on that, not piling on young players... my opinion, obviously. 

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Derby-county-manager-Nigel-Clough-says-plenty/story-18381708-detail/story.html#axzz2NDLIfz9A

NIGEL Clough says there is still plenty of work to do before Derby County can feel safe in the Championship.

The Rams manager believes his team need possibly another three wins from the final nine games to steer clear of trouble at the wrong end of the table.

Derby County manager Nigel Clough, main picture. Keeper Adam Legzdins is unable to stop the Rams going 3-1 behind against Birmingham City at St Andrew's on Saturday.

He voiced his concern after Saturday's 3-1 defeat by Birmingham City at St Andrew's.

Derby are without a victory in eight matches and have won only once in their last 11 League games.

They have slipped to 15th and the gap between themselves and the relegation places is down to six points.

They sit second bottom of the current form table but Clough is confident Derby can find the necessary points.

"There is certainly work to be done," he said.

"We have been looking over our shoulder for a while, don't worry about that.

"We have not been looking up too often.

"We've always had one eye on it because in the Championship when you get a few injuries and get on a bad run, it is very difficult.

"Every team is vulnerable until you get to that 50-odd points mark. We have known that for a few weeks and that is why we have been absolutely desperate to reach that mark.

"We have nine games to achieve it. We need another three wins or something like that but we think we will get them."

The Championship is congested. Five points separate 10 clubs from Burnley in 11th to Ipswich Town in 20th.

Derby led Birmingham until the 68th minute thanks to Ben Davies' third goal of the season before substitutes Wes Thomas (2) and Nathan Redmond scored as Birmingham roared back.

The win took Birmingham above Derby in the table.

"We've had tricky runs before and come through them, so we'll do the same now," said Clough, whose team face Leicester City at Pride Park in their next

It really annoys me how Nigel is still spewing out his pathetic excuses as to why we aren't picking up points, especially at this end of the season.

Relegation battle? Discuss

Soon we could only be 3 points off relegation..

Can you point out those pathetic excuses he's spewing for me please?

Can you point out those pathetic excuses he's spewing  for me please?

How there is still work to be done when he's been in charge for 4 years and they are all his players, and he's fallen out with loads of them.

He says we've been looking over our shoulder for a while about relegation, when after this long he should have been at Least trying to better last season.

Saying its difficult when this league isn't very competitive in the lower half of the table,

Cynical *****

Can you point out those pathetic excuses he's spewing  for me please?

Well, if I were to pick out one it would be where Clough says every team goes on a bad run sometimes as though it is totally out of his control to address this when it happens, not that he's the manager or anything of the club.

I think these players could struggle in a relegation battle.

Coutts, Sammon, Legzdins, Jacobs, Forsyth, 

The players that we could rely on when under pressure are Ward, Brayford, Roberts, Bryson, Buxton 

3 out of that 5 are injured 2 for the forseable future thats why i think we will lose to Bristol City.

Enough pathetic excuses (I think he's a member of the Clough Cult)

Hang on a second Michael. Don't blame it on the sunshine.

You posted an article from the telegraph and then talked about him spewing pathetic excuses.

I thought you were talking about something he'd said in the article. There were no excuses in the article.

No point trying to get all labelly with your chums and putting me in the "clough cult".

I'm just responding to posts like every one else.

I think these players could struggle in a relegation battle.

Coutts, Sammon, Legzdins, Jacobs, Forsyth,

I'd argue they already are struggling, when the going has got tough they've not been anywhere near good enough. Throw Keogh and Roberts in there too.

Archived