Looking over our shoulders

DCFCPhoenix

Inspirational. Churchill would have been proud of Clough if he was alive to hear those mortal sentiments being uttered. Has Clough every thought of lecturing people on positive thinking and it's associated benefits.

If he did people who would be claiming that he's delusional...now whenever somebody on here is accused of being negative they often respond "no I'm a realist"

Is Clough not being realistic at this point?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We have been looking over our shoulder for a while, don't worry about that.

"We have not been looking up too often."

Well at least we know now. How stupid of us supporters when we were ninth and 10th to be thinking of the playoffs.

That just about sums up his attitude. What an awful statement for a manager to make in our current circumstance.

If he did people who would be claiming that he's delusional...now whenever somebody on here is accused of being negative they often respond "no I'm a realist"

Is Clough not being realistic at this point?

Someone can correct me but when we were within touching distance of reaching the playoff's I never heard Clough state that he will do his damnedest to make sure we reached the Top 6 and if we didn't it wouldn't be for want of effort or application. 

Someone can correct me but when we were within touching distance of reaching the playoff's I never heard Clough state that he will do his damnedest to make sure we reached the Top 6 and if we didn't it wouldn't be for want of effort or application. 

You are right but i would hope that should go without saying.

"We're all upset at the way the season has slipped a bit. The players, the management, the owners; we all felt that the play offs were achievable this season.

When we were on the fringes of the play offs, everyone was working their hardest to get into the top six and despite playing some excellent football, we weren't getting the results and it hasn't worked out for us.

We've had a difficult time of late, but everyone can rest assured that we will be giving it every effort in the last nine games to get ourselves as high as we can up the table and end the season on a positive note.

We have a young squad at the moment and they really need the help of the supports to push on and turn round this poor run. Whatever we achieve, or don't manage to, this season, it won't be for the lack of desire and effort."

That's what he ought to be saying about now.

You are right but i would hope that should go without saying.

Agreed, but the difference is that Clough has now publicly said that he has been focusing on gathering enough points to stay up when he could also have publicly stated when we were close to the playoff's that he would be aiming for the Top 6 - does seem very selective and negative in my eyes.

Thing is if he didn't believe

Agreed, but the difference is that Clough has now publicly said that he has been focusing on gathering enough points to stay up when he could also have publicly stated when we were close to the playoff's that he would be aiming for the Top 6 - does seem very selective and negative in my eyes.

If he didn't believe they could make the top 6 then theres no benefit to him publicly saying it as he'd merely set himself (and the players) up for a fall.

However for me he shouldn't have said "We ain't been looking up too often" either, wasn't necessary.

These comments smell of losing mentality for me, better to aim and fail than not aim at all.

To be fair it seems like a lot of us have woken up and smelt the permafrost when it comes to Nigel, I mean Nigel has a losing mentality, he's always so negative in his demeanour even when he's saying positive things, and his latest comments were the tipping point for me, how can we expect to have a winning mentality because we are stuck in a viscous circle and we have a manager who doesn't have any fight, sure he loves Derby through and through, I say leave Nigel with the academy and employ someone who knows what they are doing tactically and has a positive attitude.

Nigel is a very negative manager. 

How many times do we play well, get the lead, have the opposition on the rocks and there for the taking, then he plays defensively, inviting the teams on, and we concede? 

Doesn't shock me at all. He wouldn't motivate me to have a ****. 

Archived