We'll be fine

Albert

albert doing what he enjoys doing.

Whats wrong with that?

mad as a hatter but so what.

A cross between Brains from Thunderbirds and the Terminator.

Personally I model myself more on Lady Penelope.

(Top graph i'm ashamed to say i quite enjoyed)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Albert! Very thorough analysis but a little depressing cos I still had it in my head we were gonna finish 10th... Don't think there's anyone we have left to play that we can't turn over so I'd like to think we may be on the higher side of the charts you made...

Still overall a very interesting post and a great analysis... Always good to be able to back up your thoughts with evidence...

And yes, I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment which is why I was able to read the whole thing...

I was immaturely doing what Albert did to my previous thread.

...your post was ridiculous. If you feel mine is as well, I'm more than happy to have a detailed discussion of why you feel that way and whether this thread really is ridiculous. I guess the first post is a bit over the top, but it is hopefully quite thorough.

I guess the bigger point is we are now looking like we may not improve on last seasons league position and points total. Not when many point out we improve nearly year on year under clough. This summer we will be clearing out his signings like Tyson, theo, Davies etc. I guess we hope he can come up with better than they were

The reason I think this thread is ridiculous is based on my idea of what 'fine' is. 

I don't think that finishing around 19th in the table is 'fine'. 

I don't think tinkering with a winning team to take it to Brighton, and losing, is 'fine'. 

I don't think squeezing Hughes, Hendrick and an unfit Bryson into the midfield to face Forest, was 'fine'. 

But if people are happy with lower midtable mediocrity and cries of "we were unlucky" every sodding week, then fair enough. But I'm not, and I don't think most Derby fans are. 

And the fact that people insist we're playing good football, just goes to show how long it's been since we've witnessed good football. 

I like maths and stats and they give good evidence to the argument that threads stating we are going down or in danger if going down are silly.

the current form one had a statement we would be in the second relegation spot if our current form continued - yet a quick look ar the last eight form table shows that 3 teams below us picked up less points than us.

The reason I think this thread is ridiculous is based on my idea of what 'fine' is.

I don't think tinkering with a winning team to take it to Brighton, and losing, is 'fine'.

I don't think squeezing Hughes, Hendrick and an unfit Bryson into the midfield to face Forest, was 'fine'.

But if people are happy with lower midtable mediocrity and cries of "we were unlucky" every sodding week, then fair enough. But I'm not, and I don't think most Derby fans are.

And the fact that people insist we're playing good football, just goes to show how long it's been since we've witnessed good football.

but the context of the post is well be fine in that we wont go down, not the same as the context you are using which is well be in a fine position

Who ever said it was likely that we'd finish 19th. As things stand we have less than a 2% chance of finishing 19th or worse. As it stands we're still in the upper midtable and we'll finish in a decent enough position with improved home form. From where we are the key is getting the team playing better away from home, which should be achievable with a side that has gotten some experience this season as well as some key additions and potentially a crucial return.

Archived