Friday night fixtures

Well this experiment has gone well so far... When I asked the club for an explanation as to why they wanted to join Sky and the police in changing our kick off times from Sat 3pm, I was told it would generate better crowds, whilst the 'special' atmosphere under the floodlights at PP would help the performance on the pitch.

In fact the club has had to resort to all sorts of ticket deals for both games so far, and freebies for the Hull game (I was entitled to 2 free tickets) and STILL there were empty seats everywhere- 23,000+ last night? Never in a million years.

And, of course, a poor atmosphere for both games, and 2 home defeats. Fair enough, a decent performance last night but it would be nice for the club to admit this was a pointless exercise and knock the idea on the head.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this experiment has gone well so far... When I asked the club for an explanation as to why they wanted to join Sky and the police in changing our kick off times from Sat 3pm, I was told it would generate better crowds, whilst the 'special' atmosphere under the floodlights at PP would help the performance on the pitch.

In fact the club has had to resort to all sorts of ticket deals for both games so far, and freebies for the Hull game (I was entitled to 2 free tickets) and STILL there were empty seats everywhere- 23,000+ last night? Never in a million years.

And, of course, a poor atmosphere for both games, and 2 home defeats. Fair enough, a decent performance last night but it would be nice for the club to admit this was a pointless exercise and knock the idea on the head.

Sam rush said it was an experiment and they have decided derby count are a Saturday 3 o'clock club from now on so they pretty much have knocked the idea on the head.

Well this experiment has gone well so far... When I asked the club for an explanation as to why they wanted to join Sky and the police in changing our kick off times from Sat 3pm, I was told it would generate better crowds, whilst the 'special' atmosphere under the floodlights at PP would help the performance on the pitch.

In fact the club has had to resort to all sorts of ticket deals for both games so far, and freebies for the Hull game (I was entitled to 2 free tickets) and STILL there were empty seats everywhere- 23,000+ last night? Never in a million years.

Does anyone think there is an atmosphere at PP. Even at 3pm Sat afternoon?

Does anyone think there is an atmosphere at PP. Even at 3pm Sat afternoon?

Well there can't possibly be a worse atmosphere than last night. It doesn't seem to matter when we play, we'll still get out-sung (but never out-booed, don't worry).

Well there can't possibly be a worse atmosphere than last night. It doesn't seem to matter when we play, we'll still get out-sung (but never out-booed, don't worry).

Boooo boooo boooo. Just practicing. Does anybody know if it's a continious boo or several short boo's?

Archived