We played well but we lost

PistoldPete

If not obvious, the point is that this is the same old same old story that we have seen far too often this season. It is no co-incidence, cant be blamed on bad luck. We play well but lose because we dont have a natural goalscorer and concede too many sloppy goals.

I cant understand how some people fail to grasp this

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking to my 4 yr old granddaughter last week. She was telling me she goes to watch her older sisters play football.

I quote " the trouble, grandma, is that they don't score enough goals and if you don't score goals you don't win ".

Shall I get her to phone Nigel?

Getting sick of it really, our "experienced" defender letting the team down badly, plenty of effort in our strikers but a lack of goals.

Well as others have said its not rocket science. Let the opposition score 3 goals from 3 shots on target . Something is seriously wrong with our defnec , and the only two players who have scored regularly, Ward and Robinson are both out of the team. Not that I think Theo is the answer.

To be honest I think that's about if for me this season. You all know I'm not anti-clough or anti-board but this is all I can take this season. I watched the U18's last night and the game today and I've had enough. I saw more from the U18's than them lot today. No more this season I think I'm going to play golf till next season on game days. I'm off to have a beer and cool down

I genuinely think I have enjoyed the success of the under 18 squad and checking out their progression, watching the team and seeing who might come through the ranks than watching the first team.

I went away to Bolton, Peterborough, Burnley, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield, Charlton and Birmingham this season and every single trip was a waste of money. And had the stupidity to go to each game thinking we might win this.

Before Charlton I hadn't seen us score ONE goal away from home and we had lost every game.

At home it's a different story, well it was at one point now it's dire home and away.

Well as others have said its not rocket science. Let the opposition score 3 goals from 3 shots on target . Something is seriously wrong with our defnec , and the only two players who have scored regularly, Ward and Robinson are both out of the team. Not that I think Theo is the answer.

Theo would be the answer. 9 goals in 16 starts isn't to be sniffed at in any league.

Archived