We played well but we lost

PistoldPete

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make no bones about it,but right now our results are certainly relegation form.

Our performances certainly are not but as we all know football is a results business.

Cloughs win to games ratio must be up there with some of the worst in the football league.

We aren't a bad side. Our flaws are fatal. Can't defend, can't score. Which begs the question 'what do we do well then'.

Quite a lot actually. But we just don't learn lessons. We have the same flaws for long, long periods. C'mon Derby. Wake up. Change the tune!!

We aren't a bad side. Our flaws are fatal. Can't defend, can't score. Which begs the question 'what do we do well then'.

Quite a lot actually. But we just don't learn lessons. We have the same flaws for long, long periods. C'mon Derby. Wake up. Change the tune!!

Two pretty bad flaws to have as a football team

Two pretty bad flaws to have as a football team

Agreed.

They completely undermine us. The neat football through midfield. The attitude of the players, the best RB (just about?) in the Championship. Decent keepers. Young talent.

None of it getting points on the board.

Went today, first time I've actually thought about leaving before the final whistle.

Bryson, Keogh, Coutts and Brayford are the only players who shown any form of commitment tonight.

Jacobs is a one trick pony, we are dire without Ward in the side. Hendrick was shocking in the first half, the amount of times he lost possession and they hit us on the counter from his misplaced pass.

Get Fielding back in, Bennett should get a game over Sammon without question!

The big question is how long do you allow it to go on.

Over a season we can not just keep being unlucky and blaming everything under the sun on our ill fortune.

Sometimes things just need a change and we can not afford to have a dismal end to the season on sooo many levels.

The whole club needs a boost/lift and a real buzz around the place and as things are I just can't see where that's coming from.

I feel sorry for Clough in many respects in what he as had to deal with at Derby but do feel he just hasn't got what it takes to take us to the next level.

But many would argue could anyone with our current owners ????.

And maybe they are right.

I just know that things are very,very flat and subdued at this club with thousands no longer attending games but what the answer is I just don't know........

Wouldn't say we cant defend.

a lucky ricochet for their goal

a long range shot off the bar

Coutts outpaced and a shot from outside the bar sums up their clear cut chances

and attacking we aren't too bad either

we hit the bar, a shot handled on the line

several good saves.

the only problem we have at the moment really is taking our chances

The big question is how long do you allow it to go on.

Over a season we can not just keep being unlucky and blaming everything under the sun on our ill fortune.

Sometimes things just need a change and we can not afford to have a dismal end to the season on sooo many levels.

The whole club needs a boost/lift and a real buzz around the place and as things are I just can't see where that's coming from.

I feel sorry for Clough in many respects in what he as had to deal with at Derby but do feel he just hasn't got what it takes to take us to the next level.

But many would argue could anyone with our current owners ????.

And maybe they are right.

I just know that things are very,very flat and subdued at this club with thousands no longer attending games but what the answer is I just don't know........

This little slide we're on is a big test to my faith in Nigel personally.

I was geared up for next season. We still need to strengthen in the same old areas (each end of the pitch) but I thought we had improved our ability to control a game. We've been a dominant team this year. Not chased shadows much. But if this slide continues and we finish feeling low and dejected then the positives will be lost.

Our squad is too small to shake things up too. Our bench has been mostly untested kids. We have used the fewest players in the division and are the only club to have TWO outfield players to play every game. Massively frustrating off the pitch AND on it!

Wouldn't say we cant defend.

a lucky ricochet for their goal

a long range shot off the bar

Coutts outpaced and a shot from outside the bar sums up their clear cut chances

and attacking we aren't too bad either

we hit the bar, a shot handled on the line

several good saves.

the only problem we have at the moment really is taking our chances

I just think I've seen more sloppy goals this season than any of the last two. Corners, free kicks, strikers with time and space in the box.

And it's away from home more than anything where we seem to look like scoring is the secondary objective.

Went today, first time I've actually thought about leaving before the final whistle.

Bryson, Keogh, Coutts and Brayford are the only players who shown any form of commitment tonight.

Jacobs is a one trick pony, we are dire without Ward in the side. Hendrick was shocking in the first half, the amount of times he lost possession and they hit us on the counter from his misplaced pass.

Get Fielding back in, Bennett should get a game over Sammon without question!

Did you think Bryson and Coutts were good today? Or just that they showed commitment? Because imo they were quite bad.

Hmmm, how are we dire without Ward? I think I'm right in saying that our poor run of form began when Ward returned to the team, so check that out.

Finally, Fielding. Please tell me what difference he would make. Do you really not remember why he never got his place back in the starting line-up? Because he took goal kicks and they went out for throw-ins. He never rolled the ball of kicked it short, he only ever kicked long. And he rarely came off his line to claim a ball from a corner, set-piece or cross. Sorry, but Fielding is not a better option than Legzdins. And he'll stay on the bench because of it.

Did you think Bryson and Coutts were good today? Or just that they showed commitment? Because imo they were quite bad.

Hmmm, how are we dire without Ward? I think I'm right in saying that our poor run of form began when Ward returned to the team, so check that out.

Finally, Fielding. Please tell me what difference he would make. Do you really not remember why he never got his place back in the starting line-up? Because he took goal kicks and they went out for throw-ins. He never rolled the ball of kicked it short, he only ever kicked long. And he rarely came off his line to claim a ball from a corner, set-piece or cross. Sorry, but Fielding is not a better option than Legzdins. And he'll stay on the bench because of it.

Did you not see Legzdins come off his line twice last night?

The first time the player rounded him and scored, and the second he came out realized that he wasn't going toyet the ball but stood still and didnt retreat therefore leaving all that space behind him, and nearly got caught out again.

I don't think that Legzdins is better than Fielding but its all about opinion. The general consensus seems to be that people are calling for Fielding to be recalled.

And for the record, Fielding wasn't dropped because of the things you say in your post. Frank got injured in a game and was out for 3 weeks and because Legzdins played well when covering Frank the gaffa didn't think it was fair to put Legzdins back on the bench, but now is the time to recall Frank IMO.

It was Speroni who saved them. Knew as soon as I saw his bandy legs in goal that we'd struggle to get past him.

Best goalie I've seen at PP for the past few seasons.

Did you not see Legzdins come off his line twice last night?

The first time the player rounded him and scored, and the second he came out realized that he wasn't going toyet the ball but stood still and didnt retreat therefore leaving all that space behind him, and nearly got caught out again.

I don't think that Legzdins is better than Fielding but its all about opinion. The general consensus seems to be that people are calling for Fielding to be recalled.

And for the record, Fielding wasn't dropped because of the things you say in your post. Frank got injured in a game and was out for 3 weeks and because Legzdins played well when covering Frank the gaffa didn't think it was fair to put Legzdins back on the bench, but now is the time to recall Frank IMO.

I never said he was dropped. In fact I made quite an effort to say 'he didn't get his place back' rather than saying dropped. But anyway I don't understand where this 'general consensus' has come from. I believe the views are quite mixed about the goal keepers, perhaps even split right down the middle. I do remember though how bad was Frankie was when he lost his place, and clearly so does Clough.

The point of this thread is....

If not obvious, the point is that this is the same old same old story that we have seen far too often this season. It is no co-incidence, cant be blamed on bad luck. We play well but lose because we dont have a natural goalscorer and concede too many sloppy goals.

If not obvious, the point is that this is the same old same old story that we have seen far too often this season. It is no co-incidence, cant be blamed on bad luck. We play well but lose because we dont have a natural goalscorer and concede too many sloppy goals.

ah, thank you. was genuinely curious. there have been times this year where lucks not been on our side and there's been sloppy attacking. more the latter...

Archived