The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

On the subject of summer transfer suggestions, I see another former target of ours, Paddy Madden bagged another goal yesterday in the Playoff final at Wembley. A good finish as well.

I'm sure Yoevil will want to keep him now they are up and there would be plenty of interested parties should he become available. We do know that Clough has a penchant for stalking for years so who knows?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing official on this but I heard a rumour from a mate who works at the Sun that Swansea are looking to offload Luke Moore and that they've been approaching teams they think might have a few pennies to spend on a forward...

He'd heard some of the stuff Nigel and Sam Rush had been saying and assumed we'd be one of the teams they'd approach (He claimed they were looking for ball-park £1m)

I thought he looked a really decent player when he was on loan with us and certainly wouldn't complain if he came to us...

Really liked Luke Moore when he was here, scored some decent goals and his link-up was decent!

​Didn't Nigel criticize his work-rate though? 

I don't remember that, but could have been... I think he was with us to get some fitness back as much as anything, and obviously to cover as we had no forwards!

Really liked Luke Moore when he was here, scored some decent goals and his link-up was decent!

​Didn't Nigel criticize his work-rate though?

Not for me. Similar in stature to Martin and Sammon and has an awful strike rate. I would have thought we were looking for something a bit different.

Not for me. Similar in stature to Martin and Sammon and has an awful strike rate. I would have thought we were looking for something a bit different.

I'm usually all for a bit of variation however I'm starting to wonder whether maybe we don't need it...

If you can't afford to compete for a guaranteed goalscorer (looks like £5mill plus is the going rate) then why not form your team around getting everyone 2 more goals a season? Get you 10 outfield players to get 2 extra each and there's your 20 goals...

For me Moore would be another striker like Sammon and Martin who would get a few (10 maybe?) but would also create space/chances gor others.

Luke Moore was okay with us (nothing more) but seemed to kick on a bit further at Swansea and helped them gain promotion, and has done okay in the premier league.

1 million figure puts me off though - 300/500k would represent value for money

1 million figure puts me off though - 300/500k would represent value for money

I figure £1m is about what we'd have to pay to land Vaughn, so would be okay paying that for Moore (since we picked up Martin on a free)

I figure £1m is about what we'd have to pay to land Vaughn, so would be okay paying that for Moore (since we picked up Martin on a free)

Yeah, but would feel more comfortable about spending a million on a player that has just won POTY and scored a hatful of goals.

Luke Moore has 3 in 16 in the Premier League, but would say he is a similar standard to Martin (from what i've seen)

Le Fondre for 350k from Rotherham was a good buy. From Reading at todays price and todays wages is a completely different story. If I had to draw up a list of 5 strikers that might end up at Derby this summer he wouldn't be close to being on it. He would certainly be a departure from the norm - doesn't fit the profile that Clough generally goes for [cue for sarcastic responses like "because he scores goals"].

what is the profile then ?

Yeah, but would feel more comfortable about spending a million on a player that has just won POTY and scored a hatful of goals.

Luke Moore has 3 in 16 in the Premier League, but would say he is a similar standard to Martin (from what i've seen)

Lots of talent, AWFUL attitude and very very lazy.

what is the profile then ?

Hard-working, team player and adaptable... Even our 'flair' players like Wardy are supposed to track back and seen to be working...

I agree that Le Fondre doesn't seem to fit into that mold...

Hard-working, team player and adaptable... Even our 'flair' players like Wardy are supposed to track back and seen to be working...

I agree that Le Fondre doesn't seem to fit into that mold...

9 outfield players to do the hard work

+

1 to finish off the hard work

=

all enjoy success of promotion

Clubs from the Premier League down to League One have been alerted to Arsenal's decision to release highly-rated full-back Jernade Meade.

I've seen him play 6/7 times and I really really rate him, in think he would be worth a punt.I'd gladly have him instead of forsyth.

Clubs from the Premier League down to League One have been alerted to Arsenal's decision to release highly-rated full-back Jernade Meade.

I've seen him play 6/7 times and I really really rate him, in think he would be worth a punt.I'd gladly have him instead of forsyth.

Just about to post about Meade..

He's a brilliant talent, not sure why they released him, would love us to try and go for him.

Archived