The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not on an official thread, don't be such a square  :rolleyes:

It wasn't a suggestion, it was a rumour. Anyway, I hardly gave him the Spanish Inquisition. I'd wait he's not expecting it. 

Kirk Broadfoot: The big Scotsman certainly made a difference last season and could easily have overtaken Tom Ince as Player of the Season. That has alerted a number of other clubs including Ipswich and you get the feeling the defender won't be short of a few offers.

out of contract...

hes played 1 year in the prem and only experienced sitting on the bench and being relegated.

You'd still take him over any of our strikers though, wouldn't you? Cracking player, proved he can play at atleast this level and beyond (as is not always the case when poachers come from the lower leagues) and he wouldn't cost an extortionate fee.

We'd be easily out-bid in a transfer fight for him of course, but in an ideal world, I'd love him here. Aside from Theo, who is now offski, we've not had a real goal-scoring striker in quite some time now.

I wouldn't have ALF. Needs it serving up on a plate, and we aren't about carrying people.

You don't carry players if they're scoring, that's the point of players like that. We played Martin and Sammon, both enablers, neither goal-scorers, and we wondered why we had little threat.

We played Theo for the first few months, he hit 9, and we were in good form. He was dropped, we didn't have a goal-scorer, and we relied on a Ward purple patch (which do not often happen like it did this year, if at all) to score goals for us.

Players like that give you goals out of nothing. We need that. Without it, we'll really struggle. We fell apart when we had no real goal-scorer, Sammon is not the answer, nor is Martin (and to a lesser extent Bennett, not yet for him anyway).

You don't carry players if they're scoring, that's the point of players like that. We played Martin and Sammon, both enablers, neither goal-scorers, and we wondered why we had little threat.

We played Theo for the first few months, he hit 9, and we were in good form. He was dropped, we didn't have a goal-scorer, and we relied on a Ward purple patch (which do not often happen like it did this year, if at all) to score goals for us.

Players like that give you goals out of nothing. We need that. Without it, we'll really struggle. We fell apart when we had no real goal-scorer, Sammon is not the answer, nor is Martin (and to a lesser extent Bennett, not yet for him anyway).

They don't give you goals out of nothing if you don't create for them. I don't see lazy players fitting our ethos either.

Pretty sure Clough checked out ALF while he was at Rotherham and passed. Can't see why he'd take him now on much bigger wages.

They don't give you goals out of nothing if you don't create for them. I don't see lazy players fitting our ethos either.

Pretty sure Clough checked out ALF while he was at Rotherham and passed. Can't see why he'd take him now on much bigger wages.

Le Fondre isn't lazy, he just doesn't endlessly chase the ball if not asked to. it's why I've always been curious at the view of Theo. Theo can do all the running that Sammon does (think Forest away with ten men or Sheffield United away when he first joined) yet people say he's someone you have to carry. Ask him to do the running that Sammon does and I suspect he and Martin would be far better combo together than Sammon and Martin as a whole.

Le Fondre is a very, very good striker at this level. Someone who can win you games out of ten minutes of pressure when you've been battered for 80 minutes. I'd pay a hell of alot to get him, were I in a position to do so, though I don't think we'd ever be able to get him right now, nor am I suggesting we're in for him.

Just a pipe dream.

Le Fondre for 350k from Rotherham was a good buy. From Reading at todays price and todays wages is a completely different story. If I had to draw up a list of 5 strikers that might end up at Derby this summer he wouldn't be close to being on it. He would certainly be a departure from the norm - doesn't fit the profile that Clough generally goes for [cue for sarcastic responses like "because he scores goals"].

Archived