changes at the top

davenportram

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-confirm-executive-structure-changes-670884.aspx

Wide review of the Club’s operations and executive structure results in changes.

Following the recent appointment of Sam Rush as Derby County’s President and Chief Executive, a wider review of the Club’s operations and executive structure has been taking place. Led by Mr Rush, this has been with a view to ensure that all areas of the Club are working as best they can to deliver continued progress both on and off the field.

With the review now concluded, the Club can confirm the following changes:

• Mal Brannigan, currently Vice-President Finance is to leave

• John Vicars, Vice-President Operations has been promoted to Chief Operating Officer

• Lisa Biesty has been promoted to Commercial Director

Commenting on these changes Rush said: “When I came to the Club, I wanted to ensure that we had the best skill sets in the right places so that Derby can effectively take on the challenges ahead.

“The changes we are making allow me to focus on the strategic vision of the business and to ensure that the Club’s non-football activities run as effectively as possible, whilst also enabling me to work very closely with the Manager and his team.

“I would like to place on record our thanks to Mal Brannigan for his work and dedication since coming to Pride Park. While it is tough to let good people go, I believe it best for the long term interests for the Club and we wish him every success in the future.

“Both John Vicars and Lisa Biesty will take on new roles going forward. Both are well known and respected within the community and I am sure they will continue to deliver an outstanding service from both an operational and commercial perspective.”

Brannigan leaving

new COO and commercial person promoted from within

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-confirm-executive-structure-changes-670884.aspx

Wide review of the Club’s operations and executive structure results in changes.

Following the recent appointment of Sam Rush as Derby County’s President and Chief Executive, a wider review of the Club’s operations and executive structure has been taking place. Led by Mr Rush, this has been with a view to ensure that all areas of the Club are working as best they can to deliver continued progress both on and off the field.

With the review now concluded, the Club can confirm the following changes:

• Mal Brannigan, currently Vice-President Finance is to leave

• John Vicars, Vice-President Operations has been promoted to Chief Operating Officer

• Lisa Biesty has been promoted to Commercial Director

Commenting on these changes Rush said: “When I came to the Club, I wanted to ensure that we had the best skill sets in the right places so that Derby can effectively take on the challenges ahead.

“The changes we are making allow me to focus on the strategic vision of the business and to ensure that the Club’s non-football activities run as effectively as possible, whilst also enabling me to work very closely with the Manager and his team.

“I would like to place on record our thanks to Mal Brannigan for his work and dedication since coming to Pride Park. While it is tough to let good people go, I believe it best for the long term interests for the Club and we wish him every success in the future.

“Both John Vicars and Lisa Biesty will take on new roles going forward. Both are well known and respected within the community and I am sure they will continue to deliver an outstanding service from both an operational and commercial perspective.”

Brannigan leaving

new COO and commercial person promoted from within

Just what everyone has been screaming for. There will be no stopping us now. PL here we come!!

Interesting - I met Mal at the fan forum last year and he seemed like a good guy.

However, there is obvious overlap between what he does/did and what Rush can do (financial wheeler dealing over transfers), so it makes sense - plus we're effectively removing a (presumably) highly paid director and replacing from within = cost saving.

The way I see this is that the club are losing money and the revenue is constantly falling.

I think that it's become apparent that there are no more cost savings possible on the playing side, so the spolight falls on the non-playing side. It has to perform better. An obvious way to begin that is to replace the person at the top. If a different director can shave a million ponds from the cost base and bring in an extra couple of million then the cash loss is close to zero. Clearly it won't be easy, but at least a different director will bring in new ideas. The catering, the ticket office and the hospitality side all appear to me to be tired and complacent. Even the shop, although imo the best of the commercial arms, could be improved. Hopefully this is the start of the new, successful, Sam Rush era.

Archived