Watford v Derby County

CumbrianRam

...and another season being content with mediocrity beckons, how **** it must be to de a Derby fan.

Not even going to dignify that with the usual Bryso back of the net banter. The difference being that looking at the Forest teamsheet and the amount of money that you've got behind you, you should be challenging for playoffs and at the moment you're underachieving because of the way you conduct your business- the transfer debacle of Boyd being a prime example. Hopefully a lot of clubs and players saw how you treated that transfer and nobody will want to do business with you at all. As for "Billy taking you back to the top" - thats hopeful speculation. The way Forest are going through managers and treating them poorly- Billy will be gone by the summer.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back, and i must say that it was a bit of surprise in many ways,i was expecting one of our usual away performances,and was expecting a good hiding from a team in form and scoring for fun, with our backline being savaged by injuries, to be fair, we could have been 3 or 4-1 after about 30mins, if we had both taken our chances, and i feared the worst, but half time came and it was 1-0.... changes happened,and it was a different 2nd half, much better....... but Sammon wasnt his usual self, nor was Ward really, but the rest were, Brayford is a RB, and shouldnt be played out of position, and Bennett was promising,a bit hit and miss but promising, as for Martin, he could be a gem finding if he stays,considering he isnt match fit,and doesn't know the team, he was good, and hinted at a player we have needed for a whle,can pick a pass, and has an eye for a shot at goal, Sammon with his 'duck feet' have always worried me,altho he works hard. Usual cross goal when we wee moving up a gear was soooo predictable but sickening. what is it with crosses/corners !! but after the pen, [size=4]we had Watford worried, the tension that we might get a 2nd (which if ward had longer legs we would have) was tangible, they were worried, and i was excited we might get it. [/size]

[size=4]This was a team in form and one i expected to lose to,especially away, but the last 30 mins we were fairly dominant, so i came away with mixed feelings, not happy with the result, but happy we hadnt got thrashed,and even happier we had 'em worried at the end.......[/size]

Pick out of that what u will........

Just got back. We looked so much better once Sammon went off. Felt sorry for Jacobs being subbed at half-time, was no worse than Ward and Sammon who were both awful first half. Almunia pulled a muscle becasue he was so cold from having nothing to do. Like the look of Martin (he can control the ball!) and Bennett looked sharp. Brayford our best player by far, especially once he switched to right back. Hendrick gave it away a couple of times but got stronger as the game went on. Bryson nowhere to be seen first half (missed Hughes big time). Bucko looked sound when he came on. We actually built quite well from the back but no cutting edge. Looked like being damage limitation until we got a soft penalty and they started to panic a bit. Disappoining to think we battered Watford home ... things have gone a bit awry since then.

Just back from the game - Keogh gave him too much time for the first.

Ward clean through tries to pass to Sammon (**** pass too) should have shot.

They go up the other end and score from a corner.

huffed and puffed at the end.

Maybe deserved a draw but by no means outplayed.

Defensively okay apart from their first goal

There's always critcism after a defeat, but its how we lose.....I have said before and i'll say it again, look back at my posts if need be.... i'm not a huge fan of NC, that said, we have played hull and watford away recently,and on both occasions,to teams in top 3 havent been outclassed, and could in both games got results, as i have said if we can keep the squad, add 3/4 more decent players we will be there or there abouts next season i believe.

I have been a derby fan since 1966 and its been a journey, but 'todays situation' meaning the Championship, its anyone can beat anyone, and i didnt expect more than mid table pre season, but i am seeing better football than the last few seasons !

With no money,its small steps...... but as i have also said, next season is an IF season 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Onwards and upwards

Weirdly encouraged by that, despite it being 15 minutes good, 60 mins sh*te, 15 mins excellent.

In the first 15 we pressed them high up the pitch and was impressed with how we were playing - wouldn't say we were on top but we had it under control. I struggled to work out the formation, it looked like Ward was given a free role at times, then others he was on the left, then the right.

Then they really turned it on, and our heads dropped. We should have been 2-0 down by the time Vydra scored. To be fair they were lethal going forward, just carved us up every time they got into our half.

We seem to have a problem, particularly away from home, challenging for ball. Headers, full blooded tackles - we don't seem 'up for' them, and it comes across as wimping out. Coutts, Brayford, Hendrick and Sammon were all guilty of it today.

There isn't much to report up until the penalty, other than we got battered and misplaced lots of passes.

BUT - what a performance after the penalty. We were all over them, and that's what I'm taking the encouragement from, especially away from home. We quite easily could have left with a point against one of the best teams in the league, with a patched up starting 11.

Sammon needs a rest, he's totally bereft of confidence and I reckon some time away to get his head together will be a good thing. Some of the t*ssers at the game today were almost rubbing their hands with glee at every bad touch and missed shot, and hearing his name booed and chants of 'Theo' can't help. Give him a rest, just like Hughes, just like Hendrick.

Thought Buxton and Bennett made a massive difference when they came on. Bennett particularly just has no fear whatsoever, and I'd be tempted to give him alot of game time between now and May to get him ready for next season.

Buxton oddly brough some calm to the back four. It was frantic in the first half, Brayford isn't a centre back and was poor there today. With Bucko and Gjokaj fit, I'm surprised Clough didn't opt for one of them at CB. LB is where we were really lacking after half time - Davies was so uncomfortable, and after picking up a yellow it felt like we were asking for a red card sticking him there.

Hoganson looked much better today, it was a shame to see him go off. Hopefully it's nothing serious because, as with Bennett, sustained minutes on the pitch will be great for him ready for next year.

The big problem seems to be alot of our players are in a rough patch of form at the same time. Coutts, Bryson and Sammon are three key players, and all are badly out of form at the moment.

Just wanted to say, I'm a Watford fan and I was very impressed with your team today. Normally once we score the first goal, we can go on and kill games off (like against your neighbours from the east) but your team was full of tenacity and were fantastic against us. I was bemused at the time, and still don't know why the penalty was given, was it one? Have to admit I was relieved to see Connor Sammon in your starting eleven, I've never understood how he has played football professionally.

There was a lot of squeaky bum time for us during the second half, a cracking match all in all.

Oh, and the game at your ground feels like a lifetime ago now.

Weirdly encouraged by that, despite it being 15 minutes good, 60 mins sh*te, 15 mins excellent.

In the first 15 we pressed them high up the pitch and was impressed with how we were playing - wouldn't say we were on top but we had it under control. I struggled to work out the formation, it looked like Ward was given a free role at times, then others he was on the left, then the right.

Then they really turned it on, and our heads dropped. We should have been 2-0 down by the time Vydra scored. To be fair they were lethal going forward, just carved us up every time they got into our half.

We seem to have a problem, particularly away from home, challenging for ball. Headers, full blooded tackles - we don't seem 'up for' them, and it comes across as wimping out. Coutts, Brayford, Hendrick and Sammon were all guilty of it today.

There isn't much to report up until the penalty, other than we got battered and misplaced lots of passes.

BUT - what a performance after the penalty. We were all over them, and that's what I'm taking the encouragement from, especially away from home. We quite easily could have left with a point against one of the best teams in the league, with a patched up starting 11.

Sammon needs a rest, he's totally bereft of confidence and I reckon some time away to get his head together will be a good thing. Some of the t*ssers at the game today were almost rubbing their hands with glee at every bad touch and missed shot, and hearing his name booed and chants of 'Theo' can't help. Give him a rest, just like Hughes, just like Hendrick.

Thought Buxton and Bennett made a massive difference when they came on. Bennett particularly just has no fear whatsoever, and I'd be tempted to give him alot of game time between now and May to get him ready for next season.

Buxton oddly brough some calm to the back four. It was frantic in the first half, Brayford isn't a centre back and was poor there today. With Bucko and Gjokaj fit, I'm surprised Clough didn't opt for one of them at CB. LB is where we were really lacking after half time - Davies was so uncomfortable, and after picking up a yellow it felt like we were asking for a red card sticking him there.

Hoganson looked much better today, it was a shame to see him go off. Hopefully it's nothing serious because, as with Bennett, sustained minutes on the pitch will be great for him ready for next year.

The big problem seems to be alot of our players are in a rough patch of form at the same time. Coutts, Bryson and Sammon are three key players, and all are badly out of form at the moment.

No mate Sammon isn't out of form at all.What you see with us is him at his best,he really is that bad.He is a plank

we paid 1.2million which is 1 million too much.Now you know why the board wont trust Clough with loads of money

up front he would waste it.

No mate Sammon isn't out of form at all.What you see with us is him at his best,he really is that bad.He is a plank

we paid 1.2million which is 1 million too much.Now you know why the board wont trust Clough with loads of money

up front he would waste it.

Look mate, I'm not going to agree with you on this so just leave it. I think Sammon is ok, he's overpriced but that's not his fault.

But I do agree he had a nightmare today. He was worse than normal today. You seem to be telling me facts as though I don't go to the games...

Archived