W. Brett WIlson ''we've spent a TON on players, wish the story was more evident''

Ambitious

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did say to Wilson at halftime last night, as he wandered past in his new-age hippy pattern scarf "get your hand in your pocket mate, you cannot wait for ever for a miracle!" He looked at me a bit gone out to be honest!

• 1 month later...

he's quite responsive on twitter, but very defensive.

I asked him his thoughts on something, and he bit back straight away as if I'd criticised him, and I hadnt.

But he was okay after that.

I also asked him after the Leeds game if he was happy, I'd have thought he'd have tweeted like he does about his other teams when they win. I felt a bit bad when he said his mind was elsewhere cos he was at a friend's funeral.

On the whole, I get the impression he's a decent guy, just don't get the feeling Derby is a priority for him.

Didn't know where to put this..

Someone asked him on Twitter "What positions we looking to strengthen in the summer Brett?"

He replied - "management, ownership, players - and if needed - supporters :)"

Management and ownership? 

This doesn't necessarily mean the manager or the owners.

He could imply that there should be a new director on board or changing of roles, we have seen this already with the departure of Mal Branigan, who was head of fi

Or a couple of the assistant coaches will be leaving and new coaches will come in.

E.G. i used to see Johnny Metgod having a more influential role, now andy garner takes charge a bit more. Also Gary Grosby used to be the assistant manager now he is a scout or something. I can't remember seeing him in the technical area this season he always has a earpiece on somewhere.

Didn't know where to put this..

Someone asked him on Twitter "What positions we looking to strengthen in the summer Brett?"

He replied - "management, ownership, players - and if needed - supporters :)"

Management and ownership? 

Appears to be a strong element of irony there- did find the supporters bit quite funny though.

This doesn't necessarily mean the manager or the owners.

He could imply that there should be a new director on board or changing of roles, we have seen this already with the departure of Mal Branigan, who was head of fi

Or a couple of the assistant coaches will be leaving and new coaches will come in.

E.G. i used to see Johnny Metgod having a more influential role, now andy garner takes charge a bit more. Also Gary Grosby used to be the assistant manager now he is a scout or something. I can't remember seeing him in the technical area this season he always has a earpiece on somewhere.

He was being flippant. JM has a very full role. GG has never been assistant manager. NC has never had an asst manager, instead he has the four coaches equally.

Archived