Shaun Barker

Gritty

Is there any update on how Shaun Barker's rehabilitation is going?

I seem to recall the schedule was that he should be recovered enough to physically play football at the end of this season; albeit we wouldn't expect him to play in the first team as he needs to gain fitness and reorient himself to playing?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt he'll be close to playing, a couple of months ago he was doing vertical running, so he couldn't put a lot of weight on his knee, was just about keeping the flexibility there. He can walk on it, but I imagine it will be another couple of weeks before he can start slow jogging and then there's obviously sprinting, and turning etc. I doubt he'll be running back to normal again until the end of the season and then there's playing football again, and his tackling and jumping which he'll have to get back into the rhythm of, which imagine will be all pre-season stuff next season.

Any sensible club would just pull the plug on this injury prone flop..

We complain about wages yet we're giving alot of it to sicknotes like Barker and Tyson who contribute nothing

We should not be complaining about his wages, if that is the case. Great player and club captain, has taken a wage drop and extended his contract. Shows he still wants to give something more than he has done, not too sure why we would release him as you say when we would have to pay to do so may as well help him become fit again and then if he isn't good enough sell him and reinvest I hope he is still a class act.

We complain about wages yet we're giving alot of it to sicknotes like Barker and Tyson who contribute nothing

Whether we pulled the plug or not we'd still have to pay his medical bills and lose out on any possible insurance money. Pulling the plug would be absolutely pointless. And Barker's only ever had two long lay offs, and you can't blame for him the Forest injury.

You're itching for an argument today bris.

Can't complain about yesterday's result can he so he finds something else to bitch about. Calling Barker an injury prone flop is disrespectful considering the commitment Barker has shown to the club while he was half injured and played on until our safety was guarnteed, awarding him with an extension is least the club could have done.

You really are an A1 Grade 1 plonker aren't you?

More and more I get the impression that you are a well-rehearsed Forest troll.

You're itching for an argument today bris.

'Itching' being the operative word.

Once again the buffoon's appearance in a thread is about as welcome as pubic lice.

In all honesty I can't see him becoming a regular again. I hope he recovers fully and is able to return to the 1st team but I can only see him playing a couple of matches before he makes The decision. Didn't the surgeon say something along the lines of it was a lot worse than he thought it would be and that he has never come across a case so severe. 5 years ago the aim of recovery to an injury like his, would just have been to be able to comfortably jog again and then announce retirement from football.

I would say I hope he proves me wrong but no-one should encourage him to push himself too hard.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I say go a step further.

Any person in any profession that sustains injuries while doing said profession should be given 4 weeks and then have their contracts terminated.

What the hell kind of world do we live in whereby professionals should be allowed to rehabilitate and get paid for that luxury.

It's downright scandalous I tell you, downright scandalous.

Maybe we should just cancel sick pay. Yes, cancel sick pay altogether. If you cannot contribute while you're sick you shouldn't be on the payroll.

Maybe cancel weekends as well. Yes, that's it. No contribution = no pay. Cancel weekends, cancel all time off, cancel all sick pay.

Cancel it all.

Archived