Home form slipping

dcfc88888

Recent home form has been rather worrying in the past few games, and since we aren't offering anything away its getting rather concerning, we have some massive games coming up and we can't afford to drop points. Bad tactical decisions from Clough, playing 4-5-1 AGAIN today, which doesn't suit Sammon. Getting sick of paying £350 quid a season when we aren't improving,

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a dispiriting result. 4-5-1 is dismal at home and shows no imagination whatsoever. It might only be the cup but its results like this that make me mad and wish Nigel would do one. Feel sorry for 12,000 souls who put up with that.

I still don't get cloughs tactics..putting a defender on at 80 minutes when you have 2 strikers on the bench? Clough's tactics and his obbsession with 3 CM's and 4-5-1 just isnt working for us

O'Brien was injured but hey don't let that get in the way of a Clough bashing.

I'm not one for slagging clough off but yesterday he deserved it, the stubbornness he has around our team at times is shocking. It's as if he sits there when it doesn't work, thinking to himself that in 5 minutes it will. Well it hasn't for 2 home games in a row, change it, maybe drop Sammon for Theo and bring Jacobs up top again just do something because it will only continue if nothing adjusts.

Got to agree with the OP, that is 2 games on the run we haven't won now, we will ignore the fact that we scored 8 in the previous 2 games (both played within the last month).

Can everyone please stop over-reacting. Yes we were well beaten yesterday and yes we didn't play well but do you seriously expect us to win or play well in every single home match?

Got to agree with the OP, that is 2 games on the run we haven't won now, we will ignore the fact that we scored 8 in the previous 2 games (both played within the last month).

Can everyone please stop over-reacting. Yes we were well beaten yesterday and yes we didn't play well but do you seriously expect us to win or play well in every single home match?

im happy with us at home this season, we've had 3 maybe 4 games where we haven't been the better team which is impressive to me as I've seen our sides at home be utter dross, just yesterday frustrated me with the reluctance to take Hughes off earlier despite having a bad game, Coutts also. I think Coutts has been our best signing this season but his form has dropped, Jacobs looked in good form before Ward came back so why not keep Jacobs in? I feel the 4-5-1 ends up a 4-5--------1 because not too often does Sammon get the support that formation needs, he works a lot better with someone permanently around him! Overall, Just ranting about a poor game, something not many can moan about at home too often this season eh!

im happy with us at home this season, we've had 3 maybe 4 games where we haven't been the better team which is impressive to me as I've seen our sides at home be utter dross, just yesterday frustrated me with the reluctance to take Hughes off earlier despite having a bad game, Coutts also. I think Coutts has been our best signing this season but his form has dropped, Jacobs looked in good form before Ward came back so why not keep Jacobs in? I feel the 4-5-1 ends up a 4-5--------1 because not too often does Sammon get the support that formation needs, he works a lot better with someone permanently around him! Overall, Just ranting about a poor game, something not many can moan about at home too often this season eh!

Agree entirely.

The return of an unfit Ward has made us a much worse team IMO.

Archived