time for roberts to go?

shannonjade

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not heard he's retiring, but I haven't seen enough yet that Hoggy, Freeman or any of the others are ready to play 30 odd games next season and there comes a point where if we're going to progress LB has to be a priority. Not knocking Robbo, just think we've evolved now to the point where he's offering less than many of the squad.

We certainly won't be buying from our rivals first teams, and we won't be buying Prem cast offs, so I'd guess SPL or League 1 is about where we're looking. Worked ok with Brayford, Bryson etc.

I quite like the look of Freeman, when he has played for us I've seen glimpses of genius with his passing, a couple of weeks ago he made a great couple of short passes. And he didnt give the ball away much. It just comes down to does he have the balls for 30 games a season. Maybe give him a chance, I don't know but he seems pretty good. Although I'd prefer Nigel buying a LB with more experience. For mE LB is a priority if Roberts goes in the summer. Our CB pairings aren't very good as it is. So I can sleep a little easier knowing we have Brayford and another solid fullback.

There's been plenty of times when the lower leagues haven't worked. Ben Pringles cough cough

Pringle came in £500 a week, ran his socks off and worked within his limitations. He's making a career for himself in League 2 and good luck to the lad. nothing wrong with taking a punt on potential when it's within your budget.

Centre half needed, might be Barker with a bit of luck. LB and a Ronnie Willems and we'll be top 6 next season.

Pringle came in £500 a week, ran his socks off and worked within his limitations. He's making a career for himself in League 2 and good luck to the lad. nothing wrong with taking a punt on potential when it's within your budget.

Centre half needed, might be Barker with a bit of luck. LB and a Ronnie Willems and we'll be top 6 next season.

Who's Ronnie Williams? I think I've heard of him, is he the dental surgeon down in Ripley?

Tut. Google him.

Apologies, I was thinking of Northern Ireland's endurance cyclist Wendy Houvenhagel. She's a dental Surgeron as well. She won a silver medal in the Individual Pursuit in 2008 olympics.

Don't you think it's funny how people can get mixed up?

Apologies, I was thinking of Northern Ireland's endurance cyclist Wendy Houvenhagel. She's a dental Surgeron as well. She won a silver medal in the Individual Pursuit in 2008 olympics.

Does your carer know where the duty pharmacy is? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

well surprise surprise roberts at fault again for red dogs goal how many more times because of his height, slowness and positioning is he going to be responsible for us conceding get freeman in we are safe now lets build for next season get a defensive unit together who can play every week and get to know each other.

Was he bellhooks.

Very.

I had you mixed up with someone sensible for a moment.

It's a joke guys, I just wanted to lighten the mood seeing as we are heading for another mid table or perhaps worse season and everyone seems to think that's okay. I like to maintain a sense of the ridiculous. So I hope you admire my resilience in these dark times for our Club.

It's a joke guys, I just wanted to lighten the mood seeing as we are heading for another mid table or perhaps worse season and everyone seems to think that's okay. I like to maintain a sense of the ridiculous. So I hope you admire my resilience in these dark times for our Club.

We are not!!

Its this negative attitude which means we may end up mid table.

There is a potential cup run.

We have 4 very winnable games after Blackburn and 3 wins out of 4 would put us right in the mix. Once we have lost all 4 I will say OK right the season off. However there is still a chance.

Roberts has been a steady servant and a good signing. Experience vital given the make up of the rest of the squad. I can only think of him and Davies over 30.

All the same, he isn't going to get any better, and I'd imagine LB is on Nigels radar for the summer.

Never his fault on Saturday.

Tyson is 30.

Roberts has been one of the most reliable, consistent leftbacks we've had for a while, a great professional. I don't think he has another season at this level though, but would love to see him stay at the club in a coaching, maybe player/coach role..

As for a replacement, Freeman looked solid so yes, O'Connor definitely no.

well surprise surprise roberts at fault again for red dogs goal how many more times because of his height, slowness and positioning is he going to be responsible for us conceding get freeman in we are safe now lets build for next season get a defensive unit together who can play every week and get to know each other.

Are you on actual drugs? Women peh you stick to looking at the pretty kits 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

but would love to see him stay at the club in a coaching, maybe player/coach role..

He was unlucky to miss out on the Ballon Do'r this year. Still got playing legs in him yet. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

How are we not extending his contract. Its exactly like the Lampard situation we have got to give him an extra year. If not Roberts will leave and sign for Juventus or PGS or New York Redbulls.

The only time we will tell how good roberts actually is or was is when he is gone. People will either be saying wish we still had Roberts or they will be saying why havent we had a decent left back for 3 years. Only time will tell.

Roberts has been ok for me this season, look a lot solider with him in the side than o'connor. Generally think he's been good for derby after a slow start to his derby career. Wasn't his best game on Saturday, but didn't think he was any worse than 7 or 8 others. Certainly don't fault him for the goal we conceded either.

All that being said, he is getting no younger and if we are serious about pushing into the top six this season or next then he needs to be replaced sooner rather than later. You'd imagine a full back would be one of the easier positions to recruit a replacement from the lower leagues.

NC tried to replace him with the lad from crewe, but it didn't happen.

I think your talking about Kelvin Mellor. I think he is a cb but yeah.

Clough was dead annoyed at that in terms of why he didnt sign for us.

Clough said Mellor and his dad talked for ages and spoke about the poor treatment he was getting at Crewe as the manager was picking his son over Kelvin Mellor. Then Kelvin Mellor and his dad said no and went back to Crewe meanwhile Kelvin Mellor went on a lads holiday for 5 days with his mates to Ibizia. Very Strange one minute he wanted out and to come to Derby the next he was happy to go back to that dressing room even with the things he had said about his treatment and the manager. Not sure if he is playing at the moment.

I think your talking about Kelvin Mellor. I think he is a cb but yeah.

Clough was dead annoyed at that in terms of why he didnt sign for us.

Clough said Mellor and his dad talked for ages and spoke about the poor treatment he was getting at Crewe as the manager was picking his son over Kelvin Mellor. Then Kelvin Mellor and his dad said no and went back to Crewe meanwhile Kelvin Mellor went on a lads holiday for 5 days with his mates to Ibizia. Very Strange one minute he wanted out and to come to Derby the next he was happy to go back to that dressing room even with the things he had said about his treatment and the manager. Not sure if he is playing at the moment.

he's played 22 games this season

Archived