Dexter Blackstock

North_Stand_Ram

I think we could accommodate the fact that he doesn't work hard just because the players around him ie Sammon Hendrick Bryson would do all the running. Sammon needs someone to flick it into that knows where to be because Conor's first touch is not good enough but he doesn't have any other options that to try and hold it and inevitably lose it.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we could accommodate the fact that he doesn't work hard just because the players around him ie Sammon Hendrick Bryson would do all the running. Sammon needs someone to flick it into that knows where to be because Conor's first touch is not good enough but he doesn't have any other options that to try and hold it and inevitably lose it.

I'd say it would be more likely to be Sammon or Ward running off Blackstocks flick ons. Didn't look too mobile but won everything against O'brien

Blackstock is a better player than when he was here on loan before but is he really worth the wages that he'd probably command in the context of the whole team?

He could give us the goals we need to push for the play offs, in which case would be worth the wages in my opinion. He will also give others more chances due to his knock downs and flick ons.

i dont think he'd fit in at derby. got a swagger about him. nige dont like no swagger

If swagger means swollen lip then yes, yes he has.

Other than that he spends his free time looking confused. He doesn't seem the big headed type, certainly not what I gather anyway.

Blackstock - no ta

No better than Theo

Sorry, this is a silly appraisal. Can be far more effective than Theo but to be honest he is a completely different type of player. He gave Derby plenty of problems after he came on - awkward and really good in the air. He's also a genuine 1-in-3 goalscorer, and has been throughout his career.

Rather have Blackstock then Theo. I do like Theo and he does score goals but he really doesn't suite our style of play. It wont happen and i wouldn't have him in our X11 but i he'd be an excellent sub.

Theo has a one is three ratio too last season he got 16 I think.

Both score an average amount of goals, Blackstock is more direct and better in the air, theo has more pace. however strikers in this division have shown you don't need loads of pace

Rhodes, Sharp, Murray, Austin, Helgurson. Are not rapid, just a bit quicker than the average CB.

Theo has a one is three ratio too last season he got 16 I think.

Both score an average amount of goals, Blackstock is more direct and better in the air, theo has more pace. however strikers in this division have shown you don't need loads of pace

Rhodes, Sharp, Murray, Austin, Helgurson. Are not rapid, just a bit quicker than the average CB.

I think Blackstock has a 1 in 3 in his career and has a lot of championship experience. Would be a good signing

Archived