End of Year Forum Feedback

Day

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly,I'd like to thank Daveo,Boycie and all mods for their sterling work in what must be a difficult job,and wish you all (and all other posters) a very happy Christmas and New Year.

My request would be that the annual accounts threads, and any other financial threads,be allocated their own section.I can't help thinking that some of the financial threads might not arise if the relevant accounts thread could be easily accessed (and I realise I might be speaking out of ignorance here).If I want to find the accounts thread,I find myself clicking on the lowest shown thread number,and when the page reloads repeating the process until I get to the thread.Very long winded and tedious.

.....so,if own section isn't viable,is there an easier way of locating it.I can't see a facility whereby you can insert a specific thread number (would still be a bit tedious,but at least you could go back more than half a dozen at a time).Also,I can't see a search over key words,or by date (month,say).Please let me know if I have been acting out of ignorance.

Dedicated to our esteemed founder and master of this feast

25th December 2012.

We say merry Christmas to DaveO

Who loves a good rant and a raveO

But don't make him mad,

Or he'll make you feel bad,

Like meeting a bear in a cave Oh!

He's no time for punsters or jokers,

And poets? well! He'd gladly choke us!

But we do all right

and we all love this site

Much better than games, bets or pokers!

So at this year end, I say Lumme!

Dave wants feedback, don't be a dummy,

Don't wander off track

Or he'll give you the sack!

Happy new year DaveO...from Steve Brummie!

Firstly,I'd like to thank Daveo,Boycie and all mods for their sterling work in what must be a difficult job,and wish you all (and all other posters) a very happy Christmas and New Year.

My request would be that the annual accounts threads, and any other financial threads,be allocated their own section.I can't help thinking that some of the financial threads might not arise if the relevant accounts thread could be easily accessed (and I realise I might be speaking out of ignorance here).If I want to find the accounts thread,I find myself clicking on the lowest shown thread number,and when the page reloads repeating the process until I get to the thread.Very long winded and tedious.

.....so,if own section isn't viable,is there an easier way of locating it.I can't see a facility whereby you can insert a specific thread number (would still be a bit tedious,but at least you could go back more than half a dozen at a time).Also,I can't see a search over key words,or by date (month,say).Please let me know if I have been acting out of ignorance.

With regards to a dedicated finance board I'm a bit worried if we would have any problems with the club to be honest, we know they read the forum and if they saw a whole section dedicated to what money is coming in and out and some of it is not correct would they start getting in contact asking for stuff to be removed on a regular basis. Whilst I'm not doubting your financial knowledge at all I'm sure you are aware that some people like to talk crap and it would be a nightmare to moderate.

We saw what happened to the DET when a businessman didn't appreciate some of the comments on that forum.

Finding a thread I can help you with, first off I don't think you have come across the advanced search yet, if you click the little cog icon next to the search you will get more search options including the date.

Also you could follow the threads and you will be able to pull them up quickly. At the top right of each thread you will see "Follow this topic", click that and then you can pull up these threads by clicking on your username at the top then click "Content I Follow".

With this you will also get notifications every time somebody replies to any of the followed threads. You can turn the notifications on and off or even get email notifications by clicking on your username at the top again, my settings, notification options on the left.

Notification list is the little blue bubble that shows on the site, unstick that to stop notifications.

I will talk to the moderators further on this and see what they think of a finance section.

Obviously, JW has a love deeply engrained inside him towards me, and he is desperately trying to fight his feelings by marking me down. This is a classic sign of a patient in denial.

Froggg will back me up on this, he's a Proffessional.

Classic...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

I will talk to the moderators further on this and see what they think of a finance section.

I think the problem is that discussions turn finance-y after a while. A thread starts out as "Will Hughes is a good player", turns into "Will Hughes is being scouted by xyz", which in turn becomes "Will Hughes is worth £xm". And that turns into "We've become a selling club/Board out/Clough out/lack of ambition/we're going nowhere/we'd rather buy a big telly than fund the team/we're underfinanced...."

Will Hughes already has 2 threads - a Rams Talk one and a Transfer Talk one (unless they got merged eventually). It's hard enough to moderate this as they're clearly 2 different topics: I can see we'd end up with a third topic about the finances behind any deals and the like.

It's a no from me anyway.

To add to Gboro's point above, It would be ok if it stuck just to the financial situation of the club (ie interpretation of the accounts) but it would surely drift into conjecture and opinion.

I would suggest that Ramblur (or whoever), open a thread to discuss the next lot of accounts when they are out.

Finances are too clouded, there is never any conclusive evidence so a derby county finances discussion would just end up in arguments about figures.

There's quiet a few threads which end up in arguments, even when finance isn't the topic! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Speaking from my point of view, I won't pretend to understand the facts, figures, why's and wherefore's of the clubs spreadsheets, so I leave it to others who know more than me to comment. The most I'll do is make sure it all stays calm and that nobody gets sued....

It's a tough job I know - in fact I'm off to ask Daveo for a pay rise.

Archived