Red dog game-fingers crossed this time!

MuespachRam

If anyone near PP sees this, don't fret, it's Muespach and his mates arriving 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

http://www.blogcuturk.com/images/kardaki-izler-the-snow-walker-2003-turkce-altyazi-dvdrip_2

(Just trying to see the funny side of a crap situation) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the trip from Manchester to Derby on Friday night could be "interesting" to say the least...

If we get to Debry and the game is off, I am giving them all a unique "behind the scenes tour" by smashing down the front door.-.!!!

My sons supposed to be coming down from Doncaster in his car. It's a bit isolated where he lives, country roads and hills, so at the min I'm hoping he can at least get to the motorway. Spoke to him yesterday, he said it isn't the snow, it's the ice what his car keeps finding 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> councils keep going on about the fact that they've got megga amounts of grit and are well prepared, well they should bloody well chuck more down then.

Just to add me & Dav have driven down to PP from Stockport in the snow and it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be, so don't hit the panic button just yet. Take a hip flask with you with some whisky in it, that'll keep you calm.

The other year we drove down on Boxing Day and made it all the way to the car park, then the radio said sorry, it's off. No power in the ES and the generator broke. Right bummer that, doesn't compare to your plight though.

Anyway, I'll shurrup cos I don't think I'm helping, sorry Muespach 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

i think derby will make sure this one goes ahead.... it would be an embarrassment to allow the biggest fixture to be postponed twice in a row.

and it's not like they don't know it's going to snow.

It is not like Derby County have any control over the conditions of the roads round the county. These could well become a factor again.

At least worrying about Muespach and his mates helps cover the nerves about the match!

I would offer my services snow clearing but I fear that living in Bournemouth and recovering from 2 broken ankles would prove too much of a handicap!

All the best though, Muespach. You must be one hell of a persuader getting all these guys to spend money and time coming to see a team they'd probably never heard of til you appeared! Or maybe you're just a good hypnotist!

At least worrying about Muespach and his mates helps cover the nerves about the match!

I would offer my services snow clearing but I fear that living in Bournemouth and recovering from 2 broken ankles would prove too much of a handicap!

All the best though, Muespach. You must be one hell of a persuader getting all these guys to spend money and time coming to see a team they'd probably never heard of til you appeared! Or maybe you're just a good hypnotist!

No, probably better you keep on the sofa and relax..!

I was talking about this very thing last night, before we moved into the village they had never heard of Derby County, they all like Arsenal (Wenger is from the area) and a few of them like Manchester United, but not one of them had ever heard of the Rams..

And now... I am getting texts on a Saturday asking me if I think we will "beat Burnley, I have just put 10 Euro on it" and if "the FA Cup game is on my TV" if "Ward is fit" and "what did Froest do" etc etc

Their level of interest is so funny, almost all of them had never been to England before last year and after the complete disaster last year I was sure none of them would have wanted to go again (i doubt they will go again if the same happens this year!) but they have been asking me to orgnaise it as soon as the fixtures came out.

Pray that they make it this time, for me, honestly, im not that bothered, as i have said before, I would much rather never ever play Forest again, but for them, i really want them to experience it all, it will be a memory they will carry with them forever, for the right reasons too and...the atmosphere will blow their heads off....

I'd have to laugh if it was called off again.

Twice in consecutive years a massive group make the long trip from f*ck knows where in Europe, to see Derby Forest and basically the only two of our games in those 2 years that are called off are Derby Forest. What are the odds on that?

I feel for you of course but it's so brutal it's funny.

Archived