If Buxtons injury is long term, who do we bring in?

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O'Connor is a terrible footballer.

- does not win many headers for a centre back

- possesses no pace

- distribution is terrible. Aimless balls into channels with no chance of getting onto them. (won't even mention crossing when he plays on the left side )

- there is a reason he couldn't even get into Doncaster's relegation team last season....it's because he is crap

- constantly makes errors which lets the opposition in

I think it is time to give OB a run in the team. He'll definitely do no worse than O'Connor and you have to remember, he is the future.

I'd go OB as well. Seems like a smashing lad (as do most of nigel's squad!) and has great potential. Looked very good last year and I just think he deserves it. For only 20 he has been through a lot injury wise. A nice we run in the side would do him good and he isn't any worse than Buko in my opinion. Freeman at left back as well. Just to see him get a start at left back really. No idea how good he even is!

I think being "glad" is a bit strong.

If you were up **** creek without a paddle and you saw Buxton you'd be very happy.

He's a man's man, and I think he's great.

I can't agree. I don't think he's good enough for this level and I think it holds us back playing someone of his quality. If Buxton gets injured and a better alternative is played and proves to be better will that not be a good thing? If I want a player to pick up a small injury for the good of Derby County then am I in the wrong? Well that's a matter of opinion, and we know where I stand.

O'connor looked really good at CB when he first arrived.

Very composed and with good distribution etc.

And then came Huddersfield away, when he produced a truly shocking performance.

Suddenly he looked jittery, slow, uncomfortable......a real liability.

His recent performances at LB are reminiscent of that and if NC still prefers him over Freeman then maybe Freeman isnt all that good.

Buxton is 100% a Ram and puts his body on the line.

He is more effective in both boxes but lacks mobility and pace.

He is what he is. Strong, tough, but limited.

OB was terrific last season - the new Steve Powell.

He also reminds me of Michael Johnson the way he battles and gets injured.

Ultimately I would be happy to see him get another opportunity however OB + Keogh might not work as well as OB + Shackell because Shackell was naturally left sided and so provided good balance.

O'Connor is more comfortable at CB than full back but OB has more long term potential.

He deserves another chance.

I can't agree. I don't think he's good enough for this level and I think it holds us back playing someone of his quality. If Buxton gets injured and a better alternative is played and proves to be better will that not be a good thing? If I want a player to pick up a small injury for the good of Derby County then am I in the wrong? Well that's a matter of opinion, and we know where I stand.

it would be terrible if you had to stop posting because you injured your fingers wouldn't it?

Freemans never played LB even for U21s that's Hognasons position. Freeman plays RB for U21s. Remember what happened when Naylor was played LB when he's CB or right back. OBrien could play CB yes and he's a good lad but has hardly played 90 minutes for u21s yet. So let CLOUGH DECIDE he knows the players
Freeman use the play left back for forest youth and reserves so its not a position that is new to him.

I like OB, and I want to see more of Freeman. Problem is, if you have too many youngsters in at once it can all go horribly wrong very quickly. If Roberts is fit he plays. The average age goes up by a year straight away. OC has looked better at centre half, and I'd be tempted to start him in the middle for the same reason. Also, OB still looks to me like his aggressive football instincts are writing cheques his 10 stone frame can't cash. Got to be careful with the lad, as I fear he'll cop for knocks regularly yet - but he's still shown to be the pick of the young defenders so far.

Archived