Leeds Fans View about today's game

Leeds FC

I have many Leeds supporting mates and have lived in Leeds for a period of time, if you will pardon the pun????. Top analysis from an away fan, much more refreshing than [url=http://www.throughitalltogether.com/2012/12/8/3743922/derby-county-3-1-leeds-united-united-caught-out-as-sammon-nets]www.throughitalltogether.com, who I believe must have had a few sherberts before, during and after the game before he wrote that drivel

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have many Leeds supporting mates and have lived in Leeds for a period of time, if you will pardon the pun????. Top analysis from an away fan, much more refreshing than [url=http://www.throughitalltogether.com/2012/12/8/3743922/derby-county-3-1-leeds-united-united-caught-out-as-sammon-nets]www.throughitalltogether.com, who I believe must have had a few sherberts before, during and after the game before he wrote that drivel

Please! please don't say if you'll pardon the pun.

We are a bit like the Scousers and Scum, we get a lot of day tripping supporters. Chelsea a week on Wed, sold out, Ipswich next week 20,000 maximum. Fans have reasons for not going, Bates has shafted our support so much. Potential is massive. We had 125,000 applications for the L1 Play Off Final, crazy really. Anyway that Hughes kid, when are you selling him !!!!

Derby is a club which as a big club feel about it, I can't pay you a bigger compliment .

Probably not big as that is all about perception and neither our city or our club is fashionable to anybody outside of Derby, but I like to think of us as a "proper football club". I include clubs like Burnley etc. in with us, Bris may disagree but some clubs seem to have soul and prestige (and that usually comes from having a notable history), I see nothing in Wigan, Reading, Southampton, QPR etc, they're just a step up from MK Dons, they might be prem but I'd rather see Leeds, Wolves, Wednesday, Forest (got to be fair) etc. take their places, that'd be my dream prem (with us in it).

Trust me mate it's not a game where we think it's Derby next week can't wait. I must admit I want to beat the likes of yourselves bigtime because of the hatred you pour out to us. I sometimes wish we could get up for it and have a proper rivalry with all these teams who really do despise us. Here is a quote from Ferguson when we played them last season.

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/23/sir-alex-ferguson-leeds]http://www.guardian....-ferguson-leeds

Different level trust me.

Oh i know United is the big one for you lot. I also know from living in Manchester, whilst it is not their biggest game, there is a lot of hatred from the reds towards you lot.

Anyway some of you leeds should remind Warnock that his Leeds side would never be comfortably beaten by Nigel Cloughs Derby again, seems like he will need another new team for the return fixture.

We know you don't hate us fella.

We aren't calling you 'rivals'. We simply hate Leeds United. We get our big day v Forest. An atmosphere as good as you'll get in this country. As is your rivalry games. No less.

Our ground isn't a patch on our old place for run of the mill matches. It's another dead bowl. Our atmosphere v Leeds is usually above the norm but it's always below Forest.

Won't take anything away from Leeds fans in terms of dedication. Prices are extortionate for you yet you are superb getting behind your team.

Consistently the best away support under all circumstance.

Last year v WHU I looked on their forums and saw "bet that's the best away support of the season"

.... Even excluding Forest because they hate us it was less numbers and noise than Leeds brought. Less than our annoying little brother Leicester. And I know less than an average Leeds away day to anywhere.

Oh i know United is the big one for you lot. I also know from living in Manchester, whilst it is not their biggest game, there is a lot of hatred from the reds towards you lot.

Anyway some of you leeds should remind Warnock that his Leeds side would never be comfortably beaten by Nigel Cloughs Derby again, seems like he will need another new team for the return fixture.

Warnock shook Clough's hand after you beat us last season 1 nil at our place. He said to NC you won't get it that easier again, backfired today. NW as got clubs out of this league but he's also failed a lot too.

We aren't calling you 'rivals'.

Plenty do, otherwise we'd not even be having the discussion, my mates certainly do. Even our manager today called them rivals. Its not a major deal, just makes us look small time, something which given the bemusement of Leeds fans in general we'd do well to contest.

To be fair, I was very impressed with Sheff wed support at PP, 6.5k. Never seen anything like that at Pride Park before.

Was weird really, but I understand that we wouldn't dare sell 6.5k to Leeds.

I saw loads of police vans today, I think the OB are ***** scared of Leeds. You never get a 1pm ko at Ellend Rd v Derby do you?

What annoys me is when fans don't recognise the so called lesser Derbies when the rivalry is up there with the best. They build up the hatred and passion for the Manchester, Merseyside and London games like no others exist. Absolute joke, the hatred runs deep no matter the size of your club and in a lot of cases it runs deeper. Just been checking and it says on one site you took less than 900 to Leicester last week, another says 1800. Either way, you don't travel too well, how far is Leicester 30 miles ?

To be fair, I was very impressed with Sheff wed support at PP, 6.5k. Never seen anything like that at Pride Park before.

Was weird really, but I understand that we wouldn't dare sell 6.5k to Leeds.

I saw loads of police vans today, I think the OB are ***** scared of Leeds. You never get a 1pm ko at Ellend Rd v Derby do you?

Sheff Wed turnout with no restictions when they want, 6k to you but just over 1k to Boro. We have to show ID at turnstiles and for certain games we get vouchers sent through the post and have to meet police at service stations to pick up tickets. Last time we had general sale for a game was Bradford away in 1985 !!!

What annoys me is when fans don't recognise the so called lesser Derbies when the rivalry is up there with the best. They build up the hatred and passion for the Manchester, Merseyside and London games like no others exist. Absolute joke, the hatred runs deep no matter the size of your club and in a lot of cases it runs deeper. Just been checking and it says on one site you took less than 900 to Leicester last week, another says 1800. Either way, you don't travel too well, how far is Leicester 30 miles ?

So you've automatically thought that Leicester is our rival.......DON'T...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

The only thing that we've been consistent on in Nigel's tenure is generally we don't turn up away. Guess the same 4 years later can be said of the fans. Pretty poor these days, I guess we're all waiting for games to take significance again, midtable in any league isn't something Derby typically do. There seems to be a lot of apathy in our fanbase which stems from the perceived ambition of the board.

Archived