Leeds Fans View about today's game

Leeds FC

Hate the early kick off's, personally think it's a total overreaction by the OB. Last 3 games we have done well but I knew this would be a hard test against a team who are good at home. Thought you started the better team without really hurting us too much. You scored a well worked goal from a quick free kick, created by the best player on the park by a mile. You chanted Hughesy for England and to be fair he looked quality. We then had a bit of play but huffed and puffed but with no real threat. The Leeds goal came out of nothing from Green. He played first game of season and did well then got injured. Been playing well lately but was decent today and that was it. 2nd half we came ok for 10 mins then you had a good spell and deserved to score. We then had a few half chances but that was it really. You have a big side and I can see why you don't lose many at home. Why do you under perform away from home ? You deserved to win without doubt, we were poor overall. Atmosphere ? Leeds fans were poor, not much to sing about. I must admit I hate teams who have a drummer, it does come over a bit tinpot trust me. You're support in that corner is passionate but Elland Road for a big game is on a different level trust me. Both ends of the ground when full is not matched by many. I applaud your club for showing imagination when selling tickets. You've had limited success over the years but still get good crowds. Bates has decimated our fanbase. Would you pay up to £700 for a season ticket and £36 for Matchday ? The rivalry is one way, very much like many of the teams we play in this league. I respect your club and stature but the level of hatred is embarrassing because we just don't class you as a rival at all. Derby are a top ten club in the country potentially, bigger than many in the top tier. Personally I don't think you're far off. Good luck

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many one sided rivalries in England that can be classed as 'embarrassing'

Derby with Leeds

Leicester with Derby

Leeds with Man Utd

etc etc

Also Derby aren't a bigger club than any in the PL.. We don't have any more potential than Wigan Athletic.. And nor does Leeds Utd for that case..

Unless we get a billionaire sugardaddy the best we can hope for is a cup final and a top half PL place with a nice European run in the Europa League..

You're right on ticket prices.. There isn't a single NPC game that should be worth more than $15 a ticket as the quality in this league is practically non-existant.. 90% of the games should be less than $10 especially when you can see 50x the quality in the Bundesliga with a better atmosphere for around that price ($15)

The atmophere comes from whats happening on the pitch... It'll never be any good whilst we're at this level..

As for our away form.. We don't press high up the pitch, we don't build from the back, we don't get the ball much in the final 3rd, we don't create and we don't score.. Oh, and defensively we're poor.. That explains our away record.. At home it's coming along nicely though..

There are so many one sided rivalries in England that can be classed as 'embarrassing'

Derby with Leeds

Leicester with Derby

Leeds with Man Utd

etc etc

Also Derby aren't a bigger club than any in the PL.. We don't have any more potential than Wigan Athletic.. And nor does Leeds Utd for that case..

Unless we get a billionaire sugardaddy the best we can hope for is a cup final and a top half PL place with a nice European run in the Europa League..

You're right on ticket prices.. There isn't a single NPC game that should be worth more than $15 a ticket as the quality in this league is practically non-existant.. 90% of the games should be less than $10 especially when you can see 50x the quality in the Bundesliga with a better atmosphere for around that price ($15)

The atmophere comes from whats happening on the pitch... It'll never be any good whilst we're at this level..

As for our away form.. We don't press high up the pitch, we don't build from the back, we don't get the ball much in the final 3rd, we don't create and we don't score.. Oh, and defensively we're poor.. That explains our away record.. At home it's coming along nicely though..

Unless, of course, we are at The Shitty Ground.. or Elland Road..

Fair play for a honest, decent and balanced post. The thing that riles me is that very few class Leeds as a rivalry. It is more just a hatred for your club and everything it stands for. The youngsters of today know very little about what on in the 70s but you must understand their feelings towards a club with Ken Bates as chairman, Neil Warnock as manager, El Hadj Diouf as a player and vile fans who attack players and glorify Jimmy Saville (admittedly that will not be all of your fans)

I think some Leeds fan like to dismiss any hatred for us much like we do with Leicester, their older fans certainly still have some dislike towards whilst there young fans all like to congregate outside elland road and act the big 'un after we have walked away with another victory. Wouldn't call it a rivalry as such, more a needle game similar to Leicester v Chelsea.

Apart from that, a fair response from the Leeds chap, enjoy a terrible rest of the season 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Fair play for a honest, decent and balanced post. The thing that riles me is that very few class Leeds as a rivalry. It is more just a hatred for your club and everything it stands for. The youngsters of today know very little about what on in the 70s but you must understand their feelings towards a club with Ken Bates as chairman, Neil Warnock as manager, El Hadj Diouf as a player and vile fans who attack players and glorify Jimmy Saville (admittedly that will not be all of your fans)

We have some right ******** fans, hate them with a passion.

Our away form is concerning if you'll pardon the pun. 4-5-1 wrong formation, should be 2 strikers, dodgy sub decisions, not scoring enough goals, I think we scored like 2 goals In our last 4 matches, and we've lost the last 4 away matches. I like going to away matches so I can laugh at how naf other clubs grounds are, Selhurst Park is rubbish.

Good win today if you'll pardon the pun. Anyone else watching X Factor, isn't the guy from Liverpool from Derby??

We have good reason to have ill feeling towards your club, after what was done to our

ground in the seventies..

Ive worked up in Leeds and found the general public sound, likeable even..

but Leeds United FC.. sorry, detest 'em..

nowt against you tho mate, you seem one of the decent ones..

Good win today if you'll pardon the pun. Anyone else watching X Factor, isn't the guy from Liverpool from Derby??

No self respecting man would watch that ****. It has ruined the music industry and some people probably become depressed after appearing on the show. It is a disgrace to tv.

Evidently he isn't from derby because he's from liverpool.

If you'll pardon the non-existent pun.

Good post chap. Just wish we'd drop any mention of the words "rivarly" when it comes to Leeds, that way the fans that want to can hate on Leeds all they want without the rest of us being embarrassed about how small time we come across. I can understand the attitude of the old boys towards Leeds when there was some history between the 2 clubs in the 70's. I also understand that Leeds aren't the most popular of clubs so I can appreciate the younger types seeing this as a big game but that doesn't separate us from the rest of the football league. We shouldn't be a Leicester/Middlesborough (an irrelevance to the bigger clubs and their rivalries).

Nice words at the end, might be a long time before Derby vs Leeds is a top flight fixture given the recent history of both clubs, things can change quickly though I guess in football.

I think some Leeds fan like to dismiss any hatred for us much like we do with Leicester, their older fans certainly still have some dislike towards whilst there young fans all like to congregate outside elland road and act the big 'un after we have walked away with another victory. Wouldn't call it a rivalry as suchhese teams , more a needle game similar to Leicester v Chelsea.

Apart from that, a fair response from the Leeds chap, enjoy a terrible rest of the season 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Trust me mate it's not a game where we think it's Derby next week can't wait. I must admit I want to beat the likes of yourselves bigtime because of the hatred you pour out to us. I sometimes wish we could get up for it and have a proper rivalry with all these teams who really do despise us. Here is a quote from Ferguson when we played them last season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/23/sir-alex-ferguson-leeds

Different level trust me.

Good post chap. Just wish we'd drop any mention of the words "rivarly" when it comes to Leeds, that way the fans that want to can hate on Leeds all they want without the rest of us being embarrassed about how small time we come across. I can understand the attitude of the old boys towards Leeds when there was some history between the 2 clubs in the 70's. I also understand that Leeds aren't the most popular of clubs so I can appreciate the younger types seeing this as a big game but that doesn't separate us from the rest of the football league. We shouldn't be a Leicester/Middlesborough (an irrelevance to the bigger clubs and their rivalries).

Nice words at the end, might be a long time before Derby vs Leeds is a top flight fixture given the recent history of both clubs, things can change quickly though I guess in football.

Derby is a club which as a big club feel about it, I can't pay you a bigger compliment .

Archived