Sky Broadband V BT Infinity

Boycie

Which broad band provider do you use?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the new hub, my sky broadband stops at roughly same time every night, sky are awful at fixing things.

Sorry didn't answer any of your questions

What's the new hub, my sky broadband stops at roughly same time every night, sky are awful at fixing things.

Sorry didn't answer any of your questions

That's the self test feature on the bridge com transducer kicking in, 24hour self test.

All the providers listed either have crap customer service or a poor router.

I'm on Infinity and before this month had maxed out speeds of 80mb (upload 18). Now all of a sudden it's dropped to around 50 without any explanation.

The throttling with BT is over the top too, but there's ways to bypass it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Sky don't throttle as far am i'm aware, but I couldn't get fibre with them (no idea why) so left and had Infinity.

Can't comment on Virgin.

Virgins for cable customers only init?

We have Virgin, there's a bit on their website something like "not cabled" and you can get quotes for internet through your landline. I'm not cabled but have nice fast internet with them. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Nice link for you.

http://store.virginmedia.com/national-broadband.html

I have Sky, have trouble with the router and the prices are slowly creeping up.

With the router I can connect for a short while with a OK strength signal in my attic (bedroom) then the connection will disappear, then appear on my list of network to connect to, then is "unable to connect"

Do not get BT unless you are getting Infinity as they do loads of things to try and get to upgrade like having the phone signal connected to the Internet so everytime someone rings you the connection goes.But if you have infinity its really good and quick im told.Sky can be equally as good.But it depends whether you are ordering the tv with the broadband if so the Sky then

Do not get BT unless you are getting Infinity as they do loads of things to try and get to upgrade like having the phone signal connected to the Internet so everytime someone rings you the connection goes.

Some advice: If you haven't got a clue what you're talking about you shouldn't be giving other people advice.

Some advice: If you haven't got a clue what you're talking about you shouldn't be giving other people advice.

What??? I had Sky for Ages then due Cutting back found BT was the cheaper option good at first but the Internet always comes and goes.

IF you havn't got a clue what im on about dont reply?

Ps-My Brother works for a Telecom management service and deals with complaints and orders all day so i think i have a great source of a wide range of evidence.Whereas all you have is how it works for you not everyone.

Archived