Will Hughes

DcFc Dyycheee

Is Will Hughes better now than what Tom Cleverly was at 17? When Will Hughes is Tom Cleverlys age will he be a regular for Man Utd and England?

Tom Cleverly didn't even start to get regular first team football til he was 19 and that was only a dozen games on loan at Leicester....

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm? What do you call the wilderness? 50 odd years since a major final?

Spain this Spain that... Are you jealous of their achievements curtains?

Ok.. Let's forget I mentioned Spain and talk about Germany instead..Marco Reus.. Do you know who he is? Do you?

He was signed for $1mill euros.. He's a German international playing for Borrussia Dormund.. Please don't give me this rubbish how you can't find better players for $1mill.. You can.. Just not in England.

Moritz Leitner.. 12 appearances for Dortmund in the Bundesliga this season.. Signed for $600k

Well name some who could play in English football instead...

Tom Cleverly didn't even start to get regular first team football til he was 19 and that was only a dozen games on loan at Leicester....

That was actually my point.. I think the fact he's 17 kicks on in peoples minds..

Tom Huddlestone made his debut at 16 and is in the Spurs squad but not a regular.. Tom Cleverly was loaned out to NPC sides and didn't really start for Utd until last season and is now a regular.. I guess he developed late..

Whose to say in 5 years time 100 more players will have overtaken Will Hughes's level? 17 year old regular in the NPC is amazing but that doesn't mean by the time he's 22 he's going to be worldclass..

The main point I'm saying is you can find hundreds of quality youths accross Europe for an absolute snip of the prices some people are putting on Will Hughes.. But that's good for us, because some daft club is going to splash the cash..

Bris can you not accept the fact that derby have produced a fantastic English player.

What the **** has Spain got to do with anything.

I can accept he looks a great prospect.. I'm glad..

But I'm laughing at some of the prices people think he's worth and I'm laughing harder at the idiots like Liverpool who are willing to spend that cash..

He's not worth the money and more fool the people who pay the prices..

Derby are going to benefit either way so we're all happy.. We're going to get about $7mill more than Will is worth or we're going to have a quality player who can help us push up the league.. We're winners either way..

I don't know.. Are there any in England? I doubt it given that we rarely produce decent players..

Is Will Hughes better now than what Tom Cleverly was at 17? When Will Hughes is Tom Cleverlys age will he be a regular for Man Utd and England?

Is Will Hughes worth more than Merut Ozil? Does Will Hughes have more potential than Ozil? Or is just typical of the English to overrate any youngster going?

I don't know of any, so I think we can rightly claim that we have one of, if not the, best in the country at the moment. I'm sure there are others around, but I don't know of any causing the fuss that Will is at the moment. And having been there at that game today, and having seen more than half of this season's games, he is getting better all the time.

As for Tom Cleverly and playing for Man Utd, if he develops over the next couple of years like he has in the last 3 months, he could easily be playing for them. Cleverly is not the same sort of player, so difficult to compare really.

Is he worth more than Ozil? Again, not at the moment, but how much do you gamble on potential?

The beauty with potential, is that you can't put an accurate value on it - how many England schoolboys never make the grade? But on the other hand, he might one day go for 10 million!

How much do you rate him at Bris?

I don't know of any, so I think we can rightly claim that we have one of, if not the, best in the country at the moment. I'm sure there are others around, but I don't know of any causing the fuss that Will is at the moment. And having been there at that game today, and having seen more than half of this season's games, he is getting better all the time.

As for Tom Cleverly and playing for Man Utd, if he develops over the next couple of years like he has in the last 3 months, he could easily be playing for them. Cleverly is not the same sort of player, so difficult to compare really.

Is he worth more than Ozil? Again, not at the moment, but how much do you gamble on potential?

The beauty with potential, is that you can't put an accurate value on it - how many England schoolboys never make the grade? But on the other hand, he might one day go for 10 million!

How much do you rate him at Bris?

I rate him as potentially one of the best footballing midfielders I've seen England produce in the past 15 years.. Potentially..

But that's not to say he's going to be wordlcass or he's demanding those sorts of prices.. If Mikel Arteta was English I'd say that he's the second best footballing midfielder England has produced only second to Scholes.. Actually perhaps Wilshire is a step up.. Well 3rd best,,

Who else have England produced that can be called a 'good footballing midfielder' in the past decade?

I don't rate Gerrard. Never have.

Talking about Spanish youngsters good enough to turn out for Real Madrid, remember Alberto Bueno?

If it wasn't too cold he could turn in a decent performance...it was the one v Palace..

He didn't hold a light to Will.

Will is 17.

What will he be like at 27?

Here is my 10 pence worth as a regular reader but infrequent poster.

Hughes is a fine player who, unfortunately, will be gone by Jan or June, all we can do is maximise the price. How much is the price? Well as Bris has spoken at length about Spanish players, lets look at Ander Herrera, who as a Zaragoza player, I saw many times. Ander, who is a similar player, technically and positionally as our Will, went for 15 million Euros. He was 21 when he left Zara, so 10-12 Million is not unreasonable.

Although annoying that Derby are not big enough to fulfill his potential, 10-12 Million would be vital to our finances and who is to say that the next one in the production line (which there undoubtedly is now) will not be as good or better.

British players have always been overvalued, and in that sense i think Hughes could command a figure of £10 million all ready, probably not worth in comparison to the cheap foreign market but it will do.

I compared him to Ramsey earlier in the thread but having seen a few Arsenal games since i would say he is already better tbh. One way or another the boy is going to play a big part in our immediate future so hopefully there will be no unscheduled games against Stoke on the horizon.

Around a year ago the scumbags sold a lad who had made 2 SUBSTITUTE apearances for them to Chelsea for £1.5 million - Patrick Bamford.

I hope GSE and Clough remember this fact when the Prem clubs come knocking.

With Hughes the bidding must surely start at £10m.

We hold all the aces here. His contract is a decent length; we should tell them to start with seven figures or to piss off and don't come back.

Come off it buddy you're way overrating him.. Michu is the top goalscorer in the PL yet only cost $2mill..

You could easily sign a Will Hughes from another country for $1mill.. The reason Will Hughes sticks out like a sore thumb is because of his age and his first team appearances..

There are many players who are top youngsters that don't get regular games because they play for better clubs.. If he was a Leicester City player i doubt he'd even be in the first team..

He has great potential.. But he's not the best youngster around.. Even Fabregas was signed by Arsenal for less..

Obviously his age is important, how much more would Michu be worth if he was 17 years old? He'd be priceless.

I think he'd certainly be there and there about at Leicester, but it's difficult to say. Leicester would probably stay up in the Prem because their players would be motivated in the top flight, but in this league they only ever show their quality when they play us.

When a player has proved he can play first team football, especially in a league as good as the Championship, that always increases the price.

Just been having a chat with the lads afer the game and we were discussing Hughes's best position. Clearly his range of passing is probably his probably his best attributes. He's only going to getbetter but where do people feel is his best position? As one of the two holding midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 or futher forward in the attacking midfield position in the same formation? It will be interesting to see peoples views on this

Archived